The Student Room Group

Starting apprentices from September

Hello Everyone,

I'm here to message people in this conversation to check if I'm right that isn't too late for me to try and apply for apprenticeships from September and onwards of the start/end dates, which I want to take a level 2 engineering apprenticeship as a 19-years-old person from Kent to study somewhere around my area?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Tai007
Hello Everyone,

I'm here to message people in this conversation to check if I'm right that isn't too late for me to try and apply for apprenticeships from September and onwards of the start/end dates, which I want to take a level 2 engineering apprenticeship as a 19-years-old person from Kent to study somewhere around my area?

I think apprenticeships start taking applications in from September so you're fine. but every apprenticeships have their own requirements and opening dates, so you have to research yourself what you want to do and where you want to do it in order for you to find further details.
Reply 2
Original post by h.zkr
I think apprenticeships start taking applications in from September so you're fine. but every apprenticeships have their own requirements and opening dates, so you have to research yourself what you want to do and where you want to do it in order for you to find further details.

Then that means that I don't have to pay for a tuition fee unless someone's at the age of 25 to apply for apprenticeship jobs, which I'm not 25-years old yet as I'm 19-years-old so I can apply it there for free? Whereas, if someone wants to do any non-apprenticeship courses at college or university who are over the age of 19+, they do have to pay for them of their own, right?
Reply 3
Original post by Tai007
Then that means that I don't have to pay for a tuition fee unless someone's at the age of 25 to apply for apprenticeship jobs, which I'm not 25-years old yet as I'm 19-years-old so I can apply it there for free? Whereas, if someone wants to do any non-apprenticeship courses at college or university who are over the age of 19+, they do have to pay for them of their own, right?

the whole point of an apprenticeship is that you work and study at the same time but the company pays for your studies and pays you for working at their company regardless of your age. if you dont do an apprenticeship then you have to pay for university with your own money or get student loan etc regardless of age
Reply 4
Okay, I'm gonna ask you quite the same question but different this time which's do the levels of apprenticeships that are below degree level are likely to start in any month throughout the year. Whereas for a degree apprenticeship, applicants have to apply early between in the months of autumn( especially November) and winter( especially February) as their apprenticeships are likely to start either in August or September only, right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending