The Student Room Group

Amazon Fulfillment associate

Hi

Applied to work at amazon warehouse as a fulfilment worker. Need some extra money for a few months so not to concerned how hard or rubbish the work is.

I have a chime Virtual interview scheduled for it, anybody had this for same position and got any idea what to expect?

I’m assuming it will pretty basic stuff just to get to know you and what shifts you can work etc.

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by Moleman£1
Hi

Applied to work at amazon warehouse as a fulfilment worker. Need some extra money for a few months so not to concerned how hard or rubbish the work is.

I have a chime Virtual interview scheduled for it, anybody had this for same position and got any idea what to expect?

I’m assuming it will pretty basic stuff just to get to know you and what shifts you can work etc.

Thanks in advance

Hey mate, I’ve also a chime interview. Have you already done your interview? What should I expect?
Reply 2
Original post by addisb
Hey mate, I’ve also a chime interview. Have you already done your interview? What should I expect?

Hi

It’s real simple, very basic and more of an informal chat than an actual interview.

Are you allergic to things?
What shifts are you interested in?
Are you currently working?
Flexibility?

Real easy stuff
Original post by Moleman£1
Hi

It’s real simple, very basic and more of an informal chat than an actual interview.

Are you allergic to things?
What shifts are you interested in?
Are you currently working?
Flexibility?

Real easy stuff

Hey man, bit of a stupid question but I also applied for this position but I didn't realise the job description says that I'm required to work 40 hours a week. Obviously this is way too much for a uni student, but do you think they would allow me to work part time preferably 20 hours over the weekend?
I had a chime interview last week and I am starting next week however it was more of an induction than an interview(called day 0), the call had like 50 people in it and they just ask for your name one by one (takes a while). Then they ask for your shoe size.After that the guy shared his screen and took as through a 15 minute powerpoint on things like uniform holiday pay etc.Once that was done you are told to leave the call and they send you video's to watch about the job and then complete a quiz which takes like 1 hr 30 max.
Original post by ameroasora
I had a chime interview last week and I am starting next week however it was more of an induction than an interview(called day 0), the call had like 50 people in it and they just ask for your name one by one (takes a while). Then they ask for your shoe size.After that the guy shared his screen and took as through a 15 minute powerpoint on things like uniform holiday pay etc.Once that was done you are told to leave the call and they send you video's to watch about the job and then complete a quiz which takes like 1 hr 30 max.

Do they offer part time hours for students?
Original post by Loreto2018
Do they offer part time hours for students?

I think the minimum is 40 hours a week at least in the one I am going to work at. I think shifts can go up to 10 hours so you can do 4 x 10 hour shifts which is what I'm doing,

It doesn't hurt to email them tho, they will respond fast
Original post by ameroasora
I think the minimum is 40 hours a week at least in the one I am going to work at. I think shifts can go up to 10 hours so you can do 4 x 10 hour shifts which is what I'm doing,

It doesn't hurt to email them tho, they will respond fast

Are you a student too? If so are you at college or uni? I'm at uni and I feel like 40 hours is way too much. My friend told me to just ask at the interview if they would offer me part time hours even though the job description says 40 hours.
Original post by Loreto2018
Are you a student too? If so are you at college or uni? I'm at uni and I feel like 40 hours is way too much. My friend told me to just ask at the interview if they would offer me part time hours even though the job description says 40 hours.

I’m at college currently but I am 18, I didn’t go in a lot last year so my predicted grades weren’t the best. I am currently doing BTEC applied science which isn’t that intense because I only have to go in 3 days a week and the week after you work from home.

The job has a high turnover rate so they might take you on as it’s better than having a vacancy.
I was interested in his amazon jobs , do yous all drive, as the warehouses are on away from public transport.
Reply 10
Hey!
I did the interview and assessment yesterday and not heard anything back, what happens next?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending