The Student Room Group

Comment below what you are studying at uni

If you want you can say what uni you are at too

(Hoping to help people find others who are either doing the same course as them or at the same uni xx)
chem at man met
Reply 2
I'm studying English Literature
Original post by Anonymous
I'm studying English Literature

nice where abouts?
Reply 4
Original post by Native087
nice where abouts?

Herts, wbu
Herts, wbu

manchester met mate
Reply 6
manchester met mate

r u studying english lit too?

also have you seen above anonymous 2 is at manchester met
r u studying english lit too?

also have you seen above anonymous 2 is at manchester met

sorry boss thats me, didnt mean anon - i am chem at man met hahahaha
Reply 8
sorry boss thats me, didnt mean anon - i am chem at man met hahahaha

oh lol, dw!

Got real excited as i created this discussion in the hope of helping people find other people off to the same uni or doing the same coursem, couldn't believe when i saw the two posts saying about man met! :gthumb:
oh lol, dw!

Got real excited as i created this discussion in the hope of helping people find other people off to the same uni or doing the same coursem, couldn't believe when i saw the two posts saying about man met! :gthumb:

hahah thats just me bein a idiot my bad, good luck with lit though
hahah thats just me bein a idiot my bad, good luck with lit though

thx gl to u too, are you going into first year
thx gl to u too, are you going into first year

I am starting 2nd year next week I think.
Distance learner so doing an apprenticeship full time.
Are you first year full time student?

yes xx

any first year / first day of uni tips (also wht is ur uni doing with regard to making provision for gov guidelines with covid)

also, doing an apprenticeship sounds cool!
yes xx

any first year / first day of uni tips (also wht is ur uni doing with regard to making provision for gov guidelines with covid)

I'll be honest I've been on site at uni like twice. I'm rarely there, most of it is distance learning. First day tips I can't really help with, standard stuff like be yourself and be relaxed.
First year in general - Don't worry about it at all, first year is a breeze. A lot of the marking is coursework, and only 40% is needed to pass into the second year. For my course, none of my grades this year counted towards my final mark. I got 70% and I did very little work - and I'm not very good at chemistry.
I think face to face teaching is still not happening, although some students who need to be in labs are given around 15% of their normal time in there, scheduled so that only 25 can be in at once compared to around 80.
Are you living on campus?
I'll be honest I've been on site at uni like twice. I'm rarely there, most of it is distance learning. First day tips I can't really help with, standard stuff like be yourself and be relaxed.
First year in general - Don't worry about it at all, first year is a breeze. A lot of the marking is coursework, and only 40% is needed to pass into the second year. For my course, none of my grades this year counted towards my final mark. I got 70% and I did very little work - and I'm not very good at chemistry.
I think face to face teaching is still not happening, although some students who need to be in labs are given around 15% of their normal time in there, scheduled so that only 25 can be in at once compared to around 80.
Are you living on campus?

no im commuting from essex (can't justify living on campus and paying accomadation when there is no freshers week and i only have to be on campus twice every two weeks.)
what's everyone else studying at uni and where r u off to
I’m studying Criminology and Psychology☺️
oo, i did psychology for a level. wht uni ru off to

Quick Reply

Latest