The Student Room Group

Student Finance

I am applying for university for September 2021 and was wondering when to apply for student finance. Am I meant to do it before I go to uni, as in around this time? Or is it meant to be done just before/after I start?

Any help is appreciated :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You're meant to apply via UCAS, otherwise you wont get any student finance.
Original post by ItsStarLordMan
I am applying for university for September 2021 and was wondering when to apply for student finance. Am I meant to do it before I go to uni, as in around this time? Or is it meant to be done just before/after I start?

Any help is appreciated :smile:

This year, student finance opened for applications for 2020 around mid March, so it’ll probably be the same next year and just get it over and done as soon as it’s open to apply for :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by zz2002
This year, student finance opened for applications for 2020 around mid March, so it’ll probably be the same next year and just get it over and done as soon as it’s open to apply for :smile:

Incorrect info
Original post by Ha loL

Yeah, I have started my uni applications already. I just meant the student finance bit individually
Original post by zz2002

Ah thank you! :smile:
Original post by Ha loL
Incorrect info

Why is it incorrect?
Reply 7
Ah thank you! :smile:

No Problem
Original post by Ha loL
Incorrect info

How’s that incorrect lol
Original post by Ha loL
No Problem

So why was the person incorrect
Yeah, I have started my uni applications already. I just meant the student finance bit individually

Yeah you apply for student finance on the student finance website :smile:
Reply 11
So why was the person incorrect

Opens in January
Original post by zz2002

Ah thank you. Do you have to go through gov.uk to find the site? Our school hasn't mentioned it at all
Original post by Ha loL
Opens in January

Ok thank youuu. Is this on the student finance website on what is it?
Reply 14
Original post by zz2002

Nope. You apply via UCAS
Ah thank you. Do you have to go through gov.uk to find the site? Our school hasn't mentioned it at all

Yep it’s on the gov website, but at the moment you can’t apply for next year and my sixth form just sent us an email in mid March with the link when it was open in March
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Ha loL
Nope. You apply via UCAS

When did you apply because me and everyone else I know have applied through the student finance England website

I hope the photo below is enough to say I’m right lol

Attachment not found
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Ha loL

Yeah that’s the course application and then you go to student finance website and apply for the funding of the course
@Ha loL, are you genuinely ignorant about the process of applying for student finance, or wilfully trying to mislead the OP?
Original post by zz2002
Yep it’s on the gov website, but at the moment you can’t apply for next year and my sixth form just sent us an email in mid March with the link when it was open in March

Ah thank you so much! You've been so helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending