The Student Room Group

Social care written assessment

On Tuesday I will be given a written task to do by a uni that I will have to do an essay on but I don’t know exactly what they’ll ask me. What do I revise? Because I need to pass this and I also am not amazing with being clear and concise. Or spelling and sentence structure. What should I revise for?

What we will be assessing:
In academic terms, your written task will be assessed against the following criteria:
Written expression i.e. spelling, sentence construction, clarity;
Structure i.e. sentence structure, coherent presentation, development of ideas, ability to
provide clear and concise points;
Ability to make connections to social work as a profession and social work values and
ethics;
Meeting the requirements of the task accurately.
The professional criteria associated with this task relate to:
Your understanding of the social work role;
Your awareness of social work values and ethics;
Your ability to take responsibility for your own learning. This can be demonstrated by
making reference to reading and research you have undertaken in preparatio

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You should revise English Language. This shall improve your spelling and sentence structure, therefore making you a smarter human being ultimately leading you to pass your exam and be able to live a content life.

You're Welcome. :smile:
Original post by Ha loL
You should revise English Language. This shall improve your spelling and sentence structure, therefore making you a smarter human being ultimately leading you to pass your exam and be able to live a content life.

You're Welcome. :smile:

Wdym? I passed my English language Gcse but I can’t learn all of it. Is there any thing else relating to the social work that I can revise ?
Reply 3
Original post by Moonlight rain
Wdym? I passed my English language Gcse but I can’t learn all of it. Is there any thing else relating to the social work that I can revise ?

If you revise ethics people will like you more because you are nice
wait I can’t see ur post
Original post by Ha loL
If you revise ethics people will like you more because you are nice

Right of course, ethics! Thanks :smile:
To improve SPAG and writing style honestly just watch GCSE English vids on yt

Mr Taylor is really good for improving quickly
Also according to the list make sure u revise the stuff that they have mentioned...
Eg ethics, work and social work role etc...
Things that u have to revise for, make sure u know all that stuff xxx also it says that u can refer to reading u have done as preparation...so maybe not down some stuff that u can refer to. Or read a book or soem articles so u have some extra knowledge?
good luck!!!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by vix.xvi
Also according to the list make sure u revise the stuff that they have mentioned...
Things that u have to revise for, make sure u know all that stuff xxx also it says that u can refer to reading u have done as preparation...so maybe not down some stuff that u can refer to. Or read a book or soem articles so u have some extra knowledge?
good luck!!!

Thanks so much hun ☺️☺️☺️
Original post by vix.xvi
good luck!!!

I don’t understand, do I have to add like a proper havard reference ?? I don’t know what to add
@999tigger sorry I’m only tagging you because you’re just so smart and know always what to say so can you help me understand what I need to revise for ? And the reference part
I don’t understand, do I have to add like a proper havard reference ?? I don’t know what to add

no i dont think theyre expecting u to do a Harvard reference
i meant like e.g in this article from the BBC u read that 25%....
that kind of reference, though that was a terrible example

id double-check with something else on here though, i don't want to give u the wrong advice
(:
Original post by vix.xvi
no i dont think theyre expecting u to do a Harvard reference
i meant like e.g in this article from the BBC u read that 25%....
that kind of reference, though that was a terrible example

id double-check with something else on here though, i don't want to give u the wrong advice
(:

Ahh you’re probably right. Thank you :smile:
Ahh you’re probably right. Thank you :smile:

np (: good luck
On Tuesday I will be given a written task to do by a uni that I will have to do an essay on but I don’t know exactly what they’ll ask me. What do I revise? Because I need to pass this and I also am not amazing with being clear and concise. Or spelling and sentence structure. What should I revise for?

What we will be assessing:
In academic terms, your written task will be assessed against the following criteria:

Not my area, but having consulted with my cat she says the following might apply.

Find out how long you have to write it and work out how much that amounts to in pages or words.
If its an essay, then it will be an opinion piece about social workers or an issue.
The alternative is that its a scenario of the sort of problem a social worker might have.

Written expression i.e. spelling, sentence construction, clarity; [ You cant do a lot about this now, just keep your writing clear and one thought per sentence] Read your essay before finishing, to catch any typos, but dont stress over this]
Structure i.e. sentence structure, coherent presentation, development of ideas, ability to
provide clear and concise points; [ You can do a lot about this by planning your essay, every one has a beginning 5-10%, middle 75-80% and an end.( evaluation and summary)] Make an essay plan and list the points you want to make. Keep your sentences short and if you run out of time bullet point. You must answer the question and structure it in a logical format which addresses all the issues- If you get confused use sub headings]
Ability to make connections to social work as a profession and social work values and
ethics; [ You need to understand and make notes on what the role of a social worker is, who their duty is to, what amounts to professional conduct and what would be unprofessional. Make a list of social work values 5-8]
Meeting the requirements of the task accurately. [ This just means remaining focused, not waffling and making sure you answer the question and address the issues, when you read the question you might need to consider at least 3 sides, paramount the childs, then the parents, then the department. Be sure to see things from different points of view]
Your understanding of the social work role; [Understand what the role of a social worker is and what it is not. Whats expected of you? What you are meant to be doing to be counted to have done your job. Who are your obligations to?]
Your awareness of social work values and ethics; [ As above make a list of the values and ethics maybe 5-8, look up a list]
Your ability to take responsibility for your own learning. This can be demonstrated by
making reference to reading and research you have undertaken in preparation.

[This is where you can show you have read a few articles and already started thinking about the role of the social worker and where its expanding to- Maybe read some articles on social working or certain issues]

Does that help? 1 page of notes ought to do it. Are you allowed them?
You need to time it so you cover all your points and finish in time.
Original post by 999tigger
Not my area, but having consulted with my cat she says the following might apply.

Find out how long you have to write it and work out how much that amounts to in pages or words.
If its an essay, then it will be an opinion piece about social workers or an issue.
The alternative is that its a scenario of the sort of problem a social worker might have.

Written expression i.e. spelling, sentence construction, clarity; [ You cant do a lot about this now, just keep your writing clear and one thought per sentence] Read your essay before finishing, to catch any typos, but dont stress over this]
provide clear and concise points; [ You can do a lot about this by planning your essay, every one has a beginning 5-10%, middle 75-80% and an end.( evaluation and summary)] Make an essay plan and list the points you want to make. Keep your sentences short and if you run out of time bullet point. You must answer the question and structure it in a logical format which addresses all the issues- If you get confused use sub headings]
ethics; [ You need to understand and make notes on what the role of a social worker is, who their duty is to, what amounts to professional conduct and what would be unprofessional. Make a list of social work values 5-8]
Meeting the requirements of the task accurately. [ This just means remaining focused, not waffling and making sure you answer the question and address the issues, when you read the question you might need to consider at least 3 sides, paramount the childs, then the parents, then the department. Be sure to see things from different points of view]
Your understanding of the social work role; [Understand what the role of a social worker is and what it is not. Whats expected of you? What you are meant to be doing to be counted to have done your job. Who are your obligations to?]
Your awareness of social work values and ethics; [ As above make a list of the values and ethics maybe 5-8, look up a list]

[This is where you can show you have read a few articles and already started thinking about the role of the social worker and where its expanding to- Maybe read some articles on social working or certain issues]

I have till Tuesday. They just said maximum word is 800 words. And I have an one hour and 25 mins to complete the task when I’m assigned it

Thanks
I have till Tuesday. They just said maximum word is 800 words. And I have an one hour and 25 mins to complete the task when I’m assigned it

Are you allowed notes?
Are you allowed notes?

I don’t know.... I made quite a bit on the role of social workers but I feel like I have to memorise it
Reply 19
Right of course, ethics! Thanks :smile:

Omg I'm so sorry I just came back and saw I'd posted this nonsense. My apologies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending