The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

Official Glasgow Caledonian University 2021 applicant thread

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Glasgow Caledonian University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Got my application in early yesterday, I'm applying for diagnostic imaging :smile:

I'm currently studying for biology and maths October exams, predicted BB. Already achieved CCC in bio/maths/phys which was somehow lower than my mocks but oh well. Hopefully it'll all work out in the end, good luck to everyone else who applies here.
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
I’m applying for Law, I received AABB this year plus a B at National 5. :smile:
Hey, I have applied for Msc fashion and lifestyle marketing at GCU London campus. Is there anyone for London campus here?
Hi guys! I'm applying to this university. I'm new here and just thought I'd start posting to follow everyone's applications as well! I'm a mature student and I'm interested in the BA Media and Communications course. :smile: If anyone else is applying to this, let me know! Can't wait to send off my application, just have to decide on other places. So excited to apply to this
Hi! I’ve applied for Diagnostic Imaging at GCU, for my Highers I got 5 As and this year I’m studying AH Chemistry and Maths, and Higher Business.
Original post by cocoxoxo
I’m applying for Law, I received AABB this year plus a B at National 5. :smile:

I just put my application in for law!
Reply 7
I will be applying to podiatry. sooo excited I just need to finish my personal statement :smile:
I was thinking of putting down GCU for Law but I'm not sure. I got AAABC at Highers in August (the C was really disappointing, I was sick for the Dec prelim so did worse on it then usual then it ended up being the only thing they used for my grade for that class due to corona. I know I could have done well in the real exam). Their "standard entry" for Law says AABBB. Anyone know if they'd be likely to take AAABC instead?
I'm applying for law and I'm doing 5 highers, modern studies, english, french, chemistry and music
Original post by scottishseaside
I was thinking of putting down GCU for Law but I'm not sure. I got AAABC at Highers in August (the C was really disappointing, I was sick for the Dec prelim so did worse on it then usual then it ended up being the only thing they used for my grade for that class due to corona. I know I could have done well in the real exam). Their "standard entry" for Law says AABBB. Anyone know if they'd be likely to take AAABC instead?

I’m sure they will! There’s no harm in applying :smile:
Original post by tweety1012
I'm applying for law and I'm doing 5 highers, modern studies, english, french, chemistry and music

Are these the subjects you’re taking in S5 or S6?
Original post by cocoxoxo
Are these the subjects you’re taking in S5 or S6?

S5, I'm not wanting to do an S6
Hi Everyone😉
I am currently on my 2nd Year of HND Business on Glasgow Kelvin College, and looking into moving to uni next year.
Glasgow Caledonian accept me for 3rd Year Business Degree.
Strathclyde accept me only for 2nd Year Business Degree.
My question is:
does it worth repeat 2nd year and go for Strathclyde Business School
OR
Go sraight to 3rd year on Glasgow Caledonian?
Is that so relevant the reputation of Strathclyde or at the end what matters for business employers is we have been able to finish a degree by ourselves? 🤔
Thanks everyone
Original post by scottishseaside

Are u doing highers this year?
Have any of you guys received offers yet? Just wondering if they are getting back to people
Original post by Ell.04
Have any of you guys received offers yet? Just wondering if they are getting back to people

no, I'm still waiting too, I think they might give out the answers on or after January.
Original post by S.dsh12
no, I'm still waiting too, I think they might give out the answers on or after January.

Yeah a lot of universities are doing that this year but it seems the English unis are replying really quickly
I’ve applied and still no offer, a lot of people have said they normally give offers out quite late in March
Original post by username5405032

I’ve applied for three courses and still no offers, I’ve heard they normally give out offers quite late on a few people have said March

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending