The Student Room Group

bubble, toil and trouble : year 13 gyg

Scroll to see replies

oh no good luck with the self isolation! hope everything is okay.

also I respect how you've already made your IRP presentation... I chose a topic for mine on Monday :s-smilie:
Original post by procrastinatingb
oh no good luck with the self isolation! hope everything is okay.

also I respect how you've already made your IRP presentation... I chose a topic for mine on Monday :s-smilie:

it’s okay so far!!!

haha well the deadline for my presentation was monday so i whipped something together late sunday night :nah:

my IRP has been a big rush so far so don’t worry, i haven’t really sat down and thought about it :s-smilie:
Original post by clouddbubbles
self-isolation

i guess the title is pretty self explanatory! it’s been such a wild week :no:

my first day back was last friday and like the rest of you, we had some sort of induction in the morning to introduce us to the new rules and then I had lessons.

school has made me very anxious because the rules haven’t really been made clear. the school have implemented some additional rules now as result but it would have been nice if they were communicated in the first place. one way systems are annoying too!!!

i’ll quickly run through what i’ve been doing...

biology

teacher 1) looking at the biomass section of energy transfers including productivity etc. there was also an exam technique session

teacher 2) photosynthesis!!! basically we’ve just covered the basics and also recapped some lockdown stuff, but moving onto the different mechanisms/reactions soon

chemistry

teacher 1) i had a test to see what i’d learnt over lockdown, basically just multiple choice but a bit gross. i thought the questions were pretty fair but i’m not expecting big things in terms of my result :erm:

teacher 2) started working through carbonyl compounds so that’s fun

spanish

teacher 1) starting with some pre-context stuff to the civil war, so looking at some historical things that happened in spain leading to a rise in nationalism and basically resentment towards the government

teacher 2) well we kind of already covered this last year,, basically looking at immigration specifically gypsies which was a key part of learning about music/flamenco last year. i also submitted my presentation for the independent research project

epq

nothing this week, i am waiting for some feedback on my essay from my supervisor

ucas

submitted a final draft of my personal statement so i’m now working on cutting it down to the word limit :gah:

anyway, i’m sure you’re all somewhat desperate to know what’s going on???

i was told by my workplace at the weekend that an employee had test positive for coronavirus. this was okay really as it was an isolated incident and meant i could just carry on as normal, albeit very on edge because arghhhh coronavirus

anyways on tuesday a friend at work told me they had tested positive too, i didn’t really know what to do so i went home and made a lot of calls and asked for a lot of advice. by wednesday evening i had been told to self-isolate due to being in close contact with this person. overall it has been very distressing, because of the uncertainty and fear. it’s the worst possible start to my school year, although i’m trying to adapt as best i can. i’ll be back into school a few days before the internal oxbridge UCAS deadline so i just have to hope and pray i’ve sorted something out by then. as someone who is always on the go and can’t stay in the house just watching netflix all day (boring!!!) it’s so far been a real struggle and not being able to hug my family is the worst but hopefully i’ll get through it okay :cry2:

i think it just goes to show that you can never be too careful, and i would really urge all of you to follow the guidance because having to self-isolate is so disruptive and worrying :sadnod:

i hope you are all happy and healthy <3

please let me know if you want to be added/removed from the tag list
bubble squad :bubbles:

Spoiler

Wow! What a week it’s been for you :hugs:

First of all well done on finishing your final personal statement task - that’s one job out of the way :woo:

Ir just shows how crazy this virus is - hopefully you haven’t got it, but atleast you are being cautious and hopefully you can get back to school soon, I can imagine how stressful it must be. Stay safe and have a good weekend :grouphugs:
:jumphug: so sorry that you’re stuck at home for the next few weeks :nah: hopefully it flies by!

Well done for getting your PS done, that’s one big task done :h:
Keep me on please 😊
Original post by Becca216
Wow! What a week it’s been for you :hugs:

First of all well done on finishing your final personal statement task - that’s one job out of the way :woo:

Ir just shows how crazy this virus is - hopefully you haven’t got it, but atleast you are being cautious and hopefully you can get back to school soon, I can imagine how stressful it must be. Stay safe and have a good weekend :grouphugs:

glad it’s over :getmecoat: but another week still to go...

it is so crazy! not expected at all and i’ll definitely be more careful when i’m allowed out again :yep:

Original post by laurawatt
:jumphug: so sorry that you’re stuck at home for the next few weeks :nah: hopefully it flies by!

Well done for getting your PS done, that’s one big task done :h:

i hope so too :/ this week has gone pretty quickly so that’s a good start!

how’s your PS coming along?
i hope so too :/ this week has gone pretty quickly so that’s a good start!

how’s your PS coming along?

that's good :yes: :hugs:
I've finished the first draft so am just working on the feedback I've got from that (mostly working on my conclusion as it sucks whoops :colondollar:)
Can I have a tag please? Good luck this year!
Original post by Phirstman
Keep me on please 😊

Original post by beginningofanera
Can I have a tag please? Good luck this year!

yes will add you both :biggrin:
Original post by laurawatt
that's good :yes: :hugs:
I've finished the first draft so am just working on the feedback I've got from that (mostly working on my conclusion as it sucks whoops :colondollar:)

don’t worry my introduction and conclusion are debatable quality :nah:
hope self isolation's going ok :console:
Original post by absolutelysprout
hope self isolation's going ok :console:

thanks. not fun but i’m surviving :hugs:
ahh bless you, hope self-isolation isn’t too boring!!
Original post by niamhdoesmaths
ahh bless you, hope self-isolation isn’t too boring!!

it’s okay for now :gah:
can u tag me in plz i want to create a year 10 blog
Well done on completing your personal statement. It such a shame that you have to self-isolate but hopefully the time will fly by :smile:
Original post by StudentMania
Well done on completing your personal statement. It such a shame that you have to self-isolate but hopefully the time will fly by :smile:

hopefully! :getmecoat:

Original post by owlknightdragon
can u tag me in plz i want to create a year 10 blog

will do
sorry to hear you didn't get much time at school:frown: i hope the self-isolation is okay, it's been something i've been absolutely dreading happening so sending hugs:jumphug:
well done on getting that final draft in though:woo: and best of luck with working from home for now:smile:
Original post by Toastiekid
sorry to hear you didn't get much time at school:frown: i hope the self-isolation is okay, it's been something i've been absolutely dreading happening so sending hugs:jumphug:
well done on getting that final draft in though:woo: and best of luck with working from home for now:smile:

i have been dreading the prospect too!! i guess you did have to right at the start of lockdwon didn’t you, but wasn’t too much of an issue :dontknow:

thank you :hugs:
(edited 3 years ago)
i have been dreading the prospect too!! i guess you did have to right at the start of lockdwon didn’t you, but wasn’t too much of an issue :dontknow:

thank you :hugs:

true:yep: am just a bit worried about it at uni when i'm living on my own :ahhhhh:
:hugs: you can do it:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending