The imagine dragons song is in my head thanks to title :lol:

:woo: keep me tagged :h:
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
The imagine dragons song is in my head thanks to title :lol:

:woo: keep me tagged :h:

I haven’t heard that song in ages :eek: :danceboy:
Original post by laurawatt
I haven’t heard that song in ages :eek: :danceboy:

Same, I kinda want to go down an Imagine Dragons spiral now... Did it with Panic! at the Disco the other day and it took hours:yum:
can i be tagged please :smile:
11/09/20

Hi everyone! I've had a full week of school now, feels like a lifetime :lol: This week I've had a socially distant meeting in a nature reserve, gone to a trampoline park and watched many, many TV quiz shows :lol: I also really need to sort out my sleep schedule :mmm:

Maths:
This week we have started our numerical method topic, including finding/proving roots, and the Newton-Raphson method, which I find very logical and cool :cute: (though a bit of a faff with all the writing included! :giggle:)

With our over teacher we have been doing rational functions and partial fractions :biggrin: We've done this in further maths already so just nice consolidation lessons for me!

Spoiler

Further Maths:
In pure, we have started and finished the y13 conic sections topic - about ellipses, hyperbolas and parabolas in different forms (parametric etc.) and also the transformations relating too these and the curve's tangents :yes: This topic will definitely take some practise but was a nice topic to ease us in to learning again :rofl:

With our applied teacher, we're doing mechanics (:grumble:) but I actually understand it for once :yeah: Doing momentum, impulse and collisions, and today we started oblique collisions (collisions at an angle) which is to do with vectors and resolving them :grin: I can actually do mechanics for once - and you'll quickly learn that that's a rarity :rofl:

Geography:
We're completely focussing on NEA lessons until the October half-term which is good, we have 3 months to start and finish our coursework :afraid: This week all our lessons have been dedicated to going through the markscheme for the coursework and looking at an example to see how everything needs to be laid out and the level of detail required (it's quiet a lot!)

Spoiler

UCAS:
I still haven't got the 5 universities that I'm applying to, but our teachers have made our predicted grades and UCAS references so I'll find them out next week :yep: I had a meeting with my head of year where we talked through my personal statement and they gave me some tips for a few paragraphs to make sure it's all relevant :yep:

EPQ:
errrrr :crast: I've done a bit, but I need to consistently do some every week to get it in for the deadline!

I've not particularly done much this week apart from school tbh :colondollar: but mocks are in less than a month, so I need to up my revision game :rave: I'm also now a member of the volunteer team:woo:

Thanks so much for reading, I hope you're doing well! Keep smiling :grouphugs:
QOTD: What's your favourite TSRmoji? (mine is probably :woo: or :bubbles:!)

Spoiler

Reply 45
Congrats on the porple username gang!
When you say you're doing oblique collisions, is that with elastic/partially elastic collisions?

Favourite emoji... :teehee: is definitely up there, so is :colonhash: and :ahee:
Original post by Sinnoh
Congrats on the porple username gang!
When you say you're doing oblique collisions, is that with elastic/partially elastic collisions?

Favourite emoji... :teehee: is definitely up there, so is :colonhash: and :ahee:

Thanks! :jumphug:
Yeah, we’ve looked at an example of a perfectly elastic collision (e=1) but most of them are for partially elastic :ahee:

:colonhash: certainly has a lot of uses! :teehee:
woo look at you bring productive :woo: glad school went well for you!
Well done on getting through the first week :biggrin: and a massive congratulations on becoming a member of the volunteer team :woo:

Have you decided what you’re doing your geography nea on yet? I have no idea on mine....:oops:

My favourite emoji has to be :wavey: as I just find it a nice one to meet new people but :woo: and :hugs: are a close second (these are also some of the only ones I can remember the code for when I’m using the app :lol: )

Have a good weekend:smile:
Original post by nightingalegend
woo look at you bring productive :woo: glad school went well for you!

Haha thanks! :lovehug:

Original post by Becca216
Well done on getting through the first week :biggrin: and a massive congratulations on becoming a member of the volunteer team :woo:

Have you decided what you’re doing your geography nea on yet? I have no idea on mine....:oops:

My favourite emoji has to be :wavey: as I just find it a nice one to meet new people but :woo: and :hugs: are a close second (these are also some of the only ones I can remember the code for when I’m using the app :lol: )

Have a good weekend:smile:

Thank you :woo:

I was thinking about doing something about how the climate changes between the city nearest to me and the village I live in as it will be easily accessible for the primary data collections :yep:

Awww you’re so lovely and welcoming :hugs:
I use the TSRmojis too often so I know all the code for the ones I use :giggle:
Good luck this year! In my geography lessons we've started to look at the NEA also and it's pretty overwhelming ngl, especially as I don't have a clue what I'm going to do it on :eek: can I have a tag please?
Original post by beginningofanera
Good luck this year! In my geography lessons we've started to look at the NEA also and it's pretty overwhelming ngl, especially as I don't have a clue what I'm going to do it on :eek: can I have a tag please?

Thanks!

Have you been able to narrow it down to human/physical or a particular topic? It’s going to be a busy old term with all the ucas stuff and an nea, but we can do it :rave:

Do you have a blog I can follow? :gah:
Original post by laurawatt
Thanks!

Have you been able to narrow it down to human/physical or a particular topic? It’s going to be a busy old term with all the ucas stuff and an nea, but we can do it :rave:

Do you have a blog I can follow? :gah:

I'm definitely going to do human geog as I despise physical, but I have no idea from there :confused:
Here's a link to my blog: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6660298
This term is defo going to be crazy with all the ucas stuff, and having an nea to do on top really isn't going to help. At least I didn't sign up to do an epq as well! :cool:
Can I please have a tag too? The title is great btw:smile:
Original post by beginningofanera
I'm definitely going to do human geog as I despise physical, but I have no idea from there :confused:
Here's a link to my blog: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6660298
This term is defo going to be crazy with all the ucas stuff, and having an nea to do on top really isn't going to help. At least I didn't sign up to do an epq as well! :cool:

Hehe I’m not a great fan of physical either :five:
Maybe something about sense of place? E.g. “to what extent does .... affect/alter/create a sense of place in ....?”

Aha lucky, EPQ is compulsory at our school :shakecane: :tongue:
Original post by KelsieTaylor
Can I please have a tag too? The title is great btw:smile:

Of course :grin: @Sinnoh came up with it for me :fan:
very fun!!! i can’t narrow down my choices to 5 either but you know that was always going to be hard for me :laugh:

glad you’ve had lots of fun and that you’re now in the volunteer team!!

i think my favourite emoji has to be :bubbles: because of my username :gah:
wow, your geography teachers are so thorough! Ours just said, "look at the mark scheme in your own time" :colonhash:

ik you said you haven't got the 5 unis you're applying to yet but which ones did you have in mind?
Good luck for applying to uni and congrats for becoming a member of the volunteer team! :party:

favourite emoji?

Spoiler

:hugs: for the week feeling so long but well done for getting through it!

YAY for purple :awesome: :king1: :banana2:

Fave emoji/smiley has to be :jebus:

followed by :banana2:
Well done! Sounds as if your week has been really productive!

Also, don't worry about EPQ. I procrastinated throughout all of year 12 (literally avoiding all the forms and writing the actual dissertation for an entire year)...and I still survived! :awesome:

Also my favourite emoji has to be...

Spoiler

your geography nea looks lovely :adore:
i am going to pretend i understand what you're doing in maths :lol:
yay for becoming purple :five: :u: :awesome:
my favourite emoji(s) are: :shock::loveduck::hide:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending