The Student Room Group

Student Finance App Cancelled

Hey.
Just checked for any updates on my student finance application. I applied late via clearing and am returning to education after taking a break.
I have a previously studied maths in uni but dropped out.
But I don't understand why my finance has been cancelled.
Thank you for any help

and no thanks to timing, I will not be able to contact student finance till monday which is when my course starts
Original post by lawllbmature
Hey.
Just checked for any updates on my student finance application. I applied late via clearing and am returning to education after taking a break.
I have a previously studied maths in uni but dropped out.
But I don't understand why my finance has been cancelled.
Thank you for any help

and no thanks to timing, I will not be able to contact student finance till monday which is when my course starts

Are you a UK citizen and always lived in the UK?
Have you ever accessed HE funding before including previous degrees and foundation years?
If so for how many years?

The only people who can give you the answer are sfe as only they know what is going on with your account.
I would find this out before enrolment.
Original post by 999tigger
Are you a UK citizen and always lived in the UK?
Have you ever accessed HE funding before including previous degrees and foundation years?
If so for how many years?

The only people who can give you the answer are sfe as only they know what is going on with your account.
I would find this out before enrolment.

I have applied to student finance once before for my maths undergraduate course. what does this mean? I cannot apply for another course
my previous application was successful
(edited 3 years ago)
If you dropped out wouldn't you have to apply for finance again as though it was another course? I think you'd be best giving sfe a ring and finding out for sure what you need to do. I've heard you can still apply for funding for this year, it'll just be late and you'd need to let your uni know / possibly pay the first semester of tuition yourself until it comes through.
Original post by Kogomogo
If you dropped out wouldn't you have to apply for finance again as though it was another course? I think you'd be best giving sfe a ring and finding out for sure what you need to do. I've heard you can still apply for funding for this year, it'll just be late and you'd need to let your uni know / possibly pay the first semester of tuition yourself until it comes through.Submit reply

yes! thats what I did. im applying for another course. im gonna have to call on monday. I only found out today and so wanted to get some possible advice as to why. thank you very much
Original post by lawllbmature
I have applied to student finance once before for my maths undergraduate course. what does this mean? I cannot apply for another course
my previous application was successful

You havent provided the information asked for, so I cant really comment.
Ring them on Monday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending