The Student Room Group

Planning to study a PGDE in Scotland

Hi everyone hope this is okay to post I have a question about funding. I have received SAAS tuition fees, bursary and student loan
I received funding for:
HNC in 2015 that I did not complete
3 years undergrad study 2017-2019 and I will receive funding for my 4th and final year at the university of Dundee
I will be applying to the PGDE in biology and chemistry at Edinburgh university, Edinburgh Napier and Dundee this month and just wondering if anyone knows where i stand on being funded? I have had 5 years so I am confused and I am aware that a PGDE is funded the same as an undergrad I can’t find much help on google
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Chloeharperxp
Hi everyone hope this is okay to post I have a question about funding. I have received SAAS tuition fees, bursary and student loan
I received funding for:
HNC in 2015 that I did not complete
3 years undergrad study 2017-2019 and I will receive funding for my 4th and final year at the university of Dundee
I will be applying to the PGDE in biology and chemistry at Edinburgh university, Edinburgh Napier and Dundee this month and just wondering if anyone knows where i stand on being funded? I have had 5 years so I am confused and I am aware that a PGDE is funded the same as an undergrad I can’t find much help on google

In England, the PGCE is exempt from rules that limit funding- so no matter how much funding you have had, you can have PGCE funding. I'm not sure if this is the same in Scotland, though.

Have you tried contacting SAAS to ask?
Original post by SarcAndSpark
In England, the PGCE is exempt from rules that limit funding- so no matter how much funding you have had, you can have PGCE funding. I'm not sure if this is the same in Scotland, though.

Have you tried contacting SAAS to ask?

Yes I have contacted saas but they take 28 days to reply so just wanted to see if anyone had an experience here they could share :smile: hopefully it is the same in Scotland! Thanks for your reply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending