The Student Room Group

Procrastination

How can I stop procrastinating? It leaves me feeling guilty by the end of the day.
Original post by Af af
How can I stop procrastinating? It leaves me feeling guilty by the end of the day.

What do you tend to do when procrastinating? Would you say your workload is overwhelming?
whats that
Original post by Lilymae69
whats that

a new band
Original post by Synergy.x
a new band

they haven't released an album in ages though.
Original post by Af af

Get off TSR.
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
they haven't released an album in ages though.

Good one lmao
Reply 7
Original post by Synergy.x
What do you tend to do when procrastinating? Would you say your workload is overwhelming?

Watch YouTube/TV or just simply scroll down facebook. Do some useless things on my phone. Surf the internet.

Yes, my workload is overwhelming!! I study 6 subjects in IAL. I used to score very well.... I know I have responsibilities. I know the deadline is nearing. Its all down to self discipline i guess. I just waste my whole day. At the end I am not satisfied with myself. My works are piled one over the other and I just hate myself and again procrastinate because my mood is all ruined and I don't have any energy to do anything at all. Its repetitive.
Reply 8
Original post by Rufus the red
Get off TSR.

I just got here😑...
Reply 9
Original post by Af af
Watch YouTube/TV or just simply scroll down facebook. Do some useless things on my phone. Surf the internet.

Yes, my workload is overwhelming!! I study 6 subjects in IAL. I used to score very well.... I know I have responsibilities. I know the deadline is nearing. Its all down to self discipline i guess. I just waste my whole day. At the end I am not satisfied with myself. My works are piled one over the other and I just hate myself and again procrastinate because my mood is all ruined and I don't have any energy to do anything at all. Its repetitive.

I forget exactly what its called but theres an app you can get on your phone to lock you out of certain sites after __ hours ( you get to pick ). I highly suggest it.
Reply 10
Original post by LovelyMrFox
I forget exactly what its called but theres an app you can get on your phone to lock you out of certain sites after __ hours ( you get to pick ). I highly suggest it.

Thank you!! I will try that out. I recently started using YourHour. its good so far.
Original post by Af af
I just got here😑...

Don't worry I wasn't saying that in any seriousness. :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by Rufus the red
Don't worry I wasn't saying that in any seriousness. :biggrin:

You are right to a certain extent though:h:
Original post by Af af

Hi @Af af

I would agree with the app suggestion, I used that for when I was revising and it really helped as most distractions are on my phone.

Also, I find that it is starting which is the hardest bit, so try and do at least 5 minutes of work, as then it will not seem as daunting, and then see if after you start you can do more.

Try and set up everything you need to work the night before, so it's all organised beforehand.

Good luck!

Zaira :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending