The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Never played fantasy before but my team name is Absolutely Quackers
I completely forgot we had to post team names (lol).

Mine is Calm as you like FC
Genuinely hate this BGW for both manchester clubs - Got to have a slightly weak team for the first week to bench the likes of KDB and Bruno, book in first week transfers or hit a very early wildcard. Such a pain to plan around.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Genuinely hate this BGW for both manchester clubs - Got to have a slightly weak team for the first week to bench the likes of KDB and Bruno, book in first week transfers or hit a very early wildcard. Such a pain to plan around

Will need to be quick because KDB, Bruno, Martial etc are going to rise in price very quickly.

I think i'm going to leave 1.5m ITB to change Son with Bruno as soon as possible after the deadline.
Lol why are so many strikers/forwards now listed as midfield players?
Original post by Zerforax

I was very confused about that too

Consistency. Mane, Salah and Sterling were wide forwards who were listed as midfielders for years, they've now applied that to wide forwards at other clubs and strikers are just those who play predominantly through the centre. I'd have instead made Salah, Mane and Sterling forwards but either way
Consistency. Mane, Salah and Sterling were wide forwards who were listed as midfielders for years, they've now applied that to wide forwards at other clubs and strikers are just those who play predominantly through the centre. I'd have instead made Salah, Mane and Sterling forwards but either way

Not that I agree with it but I can see why they've done it that way around. It's probably because only get 3 slots for forwards and moving even more into the forwards slot would be a bit much for such a small slot selection.
Original post by EpicBrum
Not that I agree with it but I can see why they've done it that way around. It's probably because only get 3 slots for forwards and moving even more into the forwards slot would be a bit much for such a small slot selection

Honestly I think they need to change the slots distribution. 2-5-5-3 is basically built off 4-4-2 with a bench player for every area that you can then work from, but the classic 4-4-2 is mostly dead as a formation nowadays
Honestly I think they need to change the slots distribution. 2-5-5-3 is basically built off 4-4-2 with a bench player for every area that you can then work from, but the classic 4-4-2 is mostly dead as a formation nowadays

Yeah that definitely makes sense. FPL aren't known for doing things that make sense though so I can't see that happening anytime soon.

Back in the day you might have had wingers but more often now you see basically 3 forwards. Striker selection is pretty poor.
Back in the day you might have had wingers but more often now you see basically 3 forwards. Striker selection is pretty poor.

Yes, but you have forwards who play through the centre (Jiminez, Vardy, Aguero, Kane etc) and forwards who play from out wide cutting in (Mane, Salah, Sterling, Son). The latter group should be set consistently, either as forwards and acknowledging the way modern football is often played or as midfielders from the old ridged formations, but splitting them out as was just meant Salah and Mane would always be far more value than Auba because of the extra point per goal and clean sheets.
Reply 32
This is going to be a nightmare to set up.
Yes, but you have forwards who play through the centre (Jiminez, Vardy, Aguero, Kane etc) and forwards who play from out wide cutting in (Mane, Salah, Sterling, Son). The latter group should be set consistently, either as forwards and acknowledging the way modern football is often played or as midfielders from the old ridged formations, but splitting them out as was just meant Salah and Mane would always be far more value than Auba because of the extra point per goal and clean sheets.

I think someone else made the good point that the set up seems to be geared on a 4-4-2 with an extra slot for each area of the pitch (to make 11 + 4).

Yea I think they need a re-think. Who still plays a 4-4-2 anymore?
In. Team Name: Toon Army
Reply 35
in - What's Samatta?

This BGW is making things so much more spicy i love it
In - Penandez FC
Reply 37
FabShaqFirminamanemo

Only did mine last min. Not sure if I've got the time to do it properly this season.
Reply 38
Picked Mane over Salah and captained him :rolleyes:
Haha I'm glad I captained Salah :colondollar:

Latest