The Student Room Group

a 19 yr old guy texting me..should i be worried?

this guy on insta is messaging me. i told him I'm 16 and he's still messaging me. is this ok? he seems like a nice person

Scroll to see replies

He is messaging you because no one his age will go near him
Block him. You dont want to be getting involved with a 19 year old at your age. Doesnt matter if he's nice or not.
Original post by Anonymous
this guy on insta is messaging me. i told him I'm 16 and he's still messaging me. is this ok? he seems like a nice person

You are 16 so it is legal. It’s really not that deep, the most common age gap is 3 years. If you’re not ready to date or you’re just not interested then tell him that. He probably kept messaging you as he didn’t feel there was an issue with the gap. Now if you were 15 or under... it’d be a different issue.
Reply 4
Original post by cloud_9_
Block him. You dont want to be getting involved with a 19 year old at your age. Doesnt matter if he's nice or not.

Original post by TallyBridget19
He is messaging you because no one his age will go near him

ahh ok
i think one of his friends started following me too now...
i just ignored his last text, do u think i need to block him?
Reply 5
You are 16 so it is legal. It’s really not that deep, the most common age gap is 3 years. If you’re not ready to date or you’re just not interested then tell him that. He probably kept messaging you as he didn’t feel there was an issue with the gap. Now if you were 15 or under... it’d be a different issue.

ohh okk
thanks
what sort of things is he saying?
if it's just a normal conversation i don't see what's wrong with that
Reply 7
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx

nah a normal convo is fine with me too
he says good morning and good night...i found that a bit strange
Depends what he's saying.
But it's strange for a 19 year old to be looking for romance or friendship with a 16 y/o IMO. Why can't they find friends their own age?
Reply 9
Throw his ass in prison. I'm 19 years old and I would never even date an 18-year-old girl that's still in Sixth Form, let alone a girl from Secondary School. A 19-year-old guy messaging a 16-year-old girl is f*cked up, can't he have a "normal" conversation with someone his age?

How did he even get your number? This guy's fishing for young girls who he thinks is too naive to spot his creepiness.
ahh ok
i think one of his friends started following me too now...
i just ignored his last text, do u think i need to block him?

If his friends are following u aswell then definitely block them ASAP cos this ain't normal
I would block them as soon as possible as it is not normal and is stalkerish. You should always block people you don't know anyway.
Reply 12
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx

I'm sorry to say but the issue is that sure it might be a normal conversation but why can't he have a normal conversation with people his own age? What's he got to talk about with a 16-year-old girl? Even people my own age have completely different interest with one another- I can't imagine what "relatable" link he sees with a girl who goes to secondary school.

Just ask him what he wants from you! If he wants to have a normal conversation with you, then it's okay. It might be a good chance to build connections. If he wants your nudes, tell him you are not comfortable sending nudes (even if you are) and if still he asks, then block that person immediately
Original post by Katzen
I'm sorry to say but the issue is that sure it might be a normal conversation but why can't he have a normal conversation with people his own age? What's he got to talk about with a 16-year-old girl? Even people my own age have completely different interest with one another- I can't imagine what "relatable" link he sees with a girl who goes to secondary school.

true
op id advise just not speaking to him anymore
Just ask him what he wants from you! If he wants to have a normal conversation with you, then it's okay. It might be a good chance to build connections. If he wants your nudes, tell him you are not comfortable sending nudes (even if you are) and if still he asks, then block that person immediately

It's not okay. It's strange.
Reply 16
Original post by Katzen

The girl could be in college.
Heck, he could still be in college.

I think when I was 19 I was still in college..., and when I was 16 in college the oldest people in the class were like 21/22 and there were a few 19 year olds as well. I remember when I was 16, an 18 year old girl in the class being friendly to me.

This forum over reacts to age gaps so much. 3 years is not a lot once you're 16+
yeet the biihh
Original post by Katzen
Throw his ass in prison. I'm 19 years old and I would never even date an 18-year-old girl that's still in Sixth Form, let alone a girl from Secondary School. A 19-year-old guy messaging a 16-year-old girl is f*cked up, can't he have a "normal" conversation with someone his age?

How did he even get your number? This guy's fishing for young girls who he thinks is too naive to spot his creepiness.

but why wouldnt you date a girl one year younger?
Nothing to worry about.
It is fine for teenagers to casually chat online.
It is not fine for anyone of any age to be aggressive, insulting, demand photos or commit any crimes online.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending