The Student Room Group

no period for 47 days? :(

i do have irregular periods but theyve never been this late. i have been working out and trying to gain weight could that be the reason?? it's just working out has now been a regime of mine but i guess it's messing with my mensuration. i know some say that ur lucky to not have your period but it's not.. yh i hate periods but i still want it to come i feel so abnormal and it's making me really upset i just hope it comes soon and doesnt become serious i just dont know what to do really
Are you eating enough? How many calories have you been eating and for how long? Speak to your GP i
Reply 2
Yeah I tend to eat four meals a day so i'd say around 2000 calories?? the thing is is that i used to each much less than that and my periods came frequently so i dont think eating is the issue i think it's me working out because ever since i've been doing more workouts for the last three months my period came every 30 days when its usually 23-28 and now it jumped to 47... i contacted my gp hopefully they can fit me in it's just hard to make appointments because of covid and the prioritising of elderlies which i understand
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Are you eating enough? How many calories have you been eating and for how long? Speak to your GP i

Yeah I tend to eat four meals a day so i'd say around 2000 calories?? the thing is is that i used to each much less than that and my periods came frequently so i dont think eating is the issue i think it's me working out because ever since i've been doing more workouts for the last three months my period came every 30 days when its usually 23-28 and now it jumped to 47... i contacted my gp hopefully they can fit me in it's just hard to make appointments because of covid and the prioritising of elderlies which i understand

Do you think you’re over exercising? Usually when you gain weight or lose weight fast, your period becomes irregular (or stops)

To be honest, your GP is unlikely to do much about it, except maybe send you for blood tests. I’d still make an appointment. Before you go, make sure you record any cycles, symptoms etc. To be honest, if you had a 23-28 day cycle, that’s very regular, as is a 30 day cycles. One month with a longer cycle is unlikely to be anything serious it just happens sometimes, and they are affected by so many things. Honestly don’t worry. :smile:
Reply 6
To be honest, your GP is unlikely to do much about it, except maybe send you for blood tests. I’d still make an appointment. Before you go, make sure you record any cycles, symptoms etc. To be honest, if you had a 23-28 day cycle, that’s very regular, as is a 30 day cycles. One month with a longer cycle is unlikely to be anything serious it just happens sometimes, and they are affected by so many things. Honestly don’t worry. :smile:

yh this is helpful thank you. i checked online and it said that if your period has stopped for around 3-6 months then it's probably something serious but i'll just contact my gp again just in case. hopefully it comes before three months and i don't have any condition or something
yh this is helpful thank you. i checked online and it said that if your period has stopped for around 3-6 months then it's probably something serious but i'll just contact my gp again just in case. hopefully it comes before three months and i don't have any condition or something

so i had super irregular periods, I got my first period at 11 but i didn't have another period at all until i was 16 and even then i'd miss a few months of periods and then i eventually would get a very painful period that would make me very ill, then after about 4 years i started having regular 45 day cycles but rather than a period, I'd have a day of light pink spotting but with a lot of pain. But i've never had a normal cycle under 35 days. The GP took my blood and said it was all normal and wouldn't do anything, because they said everything was normal so I left it.I started natural birth control where you check your body temperature every morning (which i'd highly recommend if you want to learn more about your cycle) and it picked up that I wasn't ovulating. Then i went to get an IUD fitted with a gynocologist who noticed i had loads of cysts on my ovaries, she then reviewed my blood tests and it turned out that I had PCOS. Having a late period every so often is super common, my sister has super regular 28 day periods, but this month she was stressed and had a 45 day cycle, it's normal and it happens. If it happens a lot try and get blood tests, and if they come back normal but things still don't seem right get an ultrasound done to look at your ovaries to check you dont have any visible cysts, and that everything's all good down there.I was later diagnosed with endotritimitus also which explained why my periods made me so ill. But i would wait a few months and just monitor your periods, although it's never too soon to start learning about your own reproductive health. This is probably TMI but i just thought i'd share my own personal experience with irregular cycle.
PS don't worry about it- most likely case is its just a fluke, worst case it's something like PCOS which is easily manageable and often even reversible. if you've got any questions about any of this i'd be happy to answer any questions about any of this, but seriously it won't be anything serious xxx
Reply 9
PS don't worry about it- most likely case is its just a fluke, worst case it's something like PCOS which is easily manageable and often even reversible. if you've got any questions about any of this i'd be happy to answer any questions about any of this, but seriously it won't be anything serious xxx

ok thank you this made me feel better about it. yh i've always kinda had irregular periods but nothing this late i was literally crying about it and making such a big fuss but i'm sure it's not that big of a deal since there has been changes to my diet. but anyways i'll just see what happens for the time being pretty much

Quick Reply

Latest