The Student Room Group

Moving secondary schools

Hi all

I’m a year 9 student deciding whether to move schools and how it could affect my health. I currently go to a fairly good partially selective school and am now considering a place at a top performing grammar school. Could anyone please share advice? Factors I should consider? Your own personal anecdotes?

Thanks so much for your help.
I think you should go for whatever YOU like.
Why do you want to change schools ? Why would it affect your mental heath ? Have you been bullied at your old school ?

Whenever. you move out and go into something new, it is normal that your mental is going to be a little confused, lost and scared. So don't worry about it. In the beginning, everything is hard but if you LOVE what you do, you will get used to it and you will be able to see the positive out of it. Make sure you like what you're doing, otherwise you won't have motivation to keep on doing it!

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by bettinakovacs
I think you should go for whatever YOU like.
Why do you want to change schools ? Why would it affect your mental heath ? Have you been bullied at your old school ?

Whenever. you move out and go into something new, it is normal that your mental is going to be a little confused, lost and scared. So don't worry about it. In the beginning, everything is hard but if you LOVE what you do, you will get used to it and you will be able to see the positive out of it. Make sure you like what you're doing, otherwise you won't have motivation to keep on doing it!

Good luck! :smile:

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.
i moved countries just before year 9, moving schools will take some time to get used to but you’ll be fine :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
A few people in my previous years came to my school in Year 9 and adjusted well after a short time, it's a matter of warming up to your environment which is entirely normal.
Reply 5
Original post by nightingalegend
i moved countries just before year 9, moving schools will take some time to get used to but you’ll be fine :smile:

Thank you 🙏
Reply 6
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
A few people in my previous years came to my school in Year 9 and adjusted well after a short time, it's a matter of warming up to your environment which is entirely normal.

Thank you for your input. Much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest