The Student Room Group

how to flirt with my crush (16)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for the response Hattie <3
I have his number but haven't texted him lmaoo
What should I text? I also heard guys find it annoying when a girl over-texts them, is this true?!
I also don't rly know what "casual flirting" looks like, do I just talk, give compliments and touch his arm or sth?
Aw I know it's scary to act on your crush, I still am, but at the same time I love spending time with him :biggrin:
Ofc I'll give updates xo

this is just my opinion but I think you should talk to him more in school (since you've only known him for 2 weeks) cos sometimes people are different over text :smile:
Thanks for the response Hattie <3
I have his number but haven't texted him lmaoo
What should I text? I also heard guys find it annoying when a girl over-texts them, is this true?!
I also don't rly know what "casual flirting" looks like, do I just talk, give compliments and touch his arm or sth?
Aw I know it's scary to act on your crush, I still am, but at the same time I love spending time with him :biggrin:
Ofc I'll give updates xo

Maybe just start off w "hey, how was your day" or something like that, as then that'll start a conversation between the 2 of you. I mean idrk, I've heard some guys do but I guess you'll pick it up the more you text him. Lol I mean like casually say things within conversations that let him know you're interested, I think touching him is also good when you can etc.
Yeah aw I hope things go well you for you good luck:smile:
I got that from the desperate tone it was written in smartass

Lmaooo chill out she just wants to act on her crush, let her have fun
Original post by H4ttie03
Maybe just start off w "hey, how was your day" or something like that, as then that'll start a conversation between the 2 of you. I mean idrk, I've heard some guys do but I guess you'll pick it up the more you text him. Lol I mean like casually say things within conversations that let him know you're interested, I think touching him is also good when you can etc.

Ok I'm not a PUA but saying "hey. how was your day" would probably be a turn off
Ok I'm not a PUA but saying "hey. how was your day" would probably be a turn off

Lol how it's just starting a conversation but I've never been a relationship so you're probs right
How tall is he ? And how tall are you?
Please get over guys we're not "cute". This is the equivalent of when some wet simp fantasises over a girl because he can only see her body and not her personality. We all go through this worshipping phase, and believe me it's one you'll want to leave behind. If he acts like a child, then that's what he is. As for him being "cute", just imagine him doing all the nasty stuff you do, and that should stop that quickly. Just stick to your studies and you won't have to suck up to cheap men. Don't let him friend zone you either. Don't let him convince yourself that you want to "just be friends". He sounds like the type of person that would manipulate people like you who don't know this game yet. We all get taken over in moments of weakness, but don't let that stop you from acing your subjects. What are you taking for A-Level anyways?

Thanks for the response. You have a point, but I still like him and I think it's ok to like him!
He may be a child, but so am I. We're both sixteen and probably naive :redface:
I don't think he "knows the game" yet either, so I doubt he'll manipulate me... rather, the problem is whether he's interested in me at all :s-smilie: I'm taking econ maths french :wink:
Thanks for the response. You have a point, but I still like him and I think it's ok to like him!
He may be a child, but so am I. We're both sixteen and probably naive :redface:
I don't think he "knows the game" yet either, so I doubt he'll manipulate me... rather, the problem is whether he's interested in me at all :s-smilie: I'm taking econ maths french :wink:

ayy I'm taking french too! :biggrin: Which one of your classes is he in?

Spoiler

this is just my opinion but I think you should talk to him more in school (since you've only known him for 2 weeks) cos sometimes people are different over text :smile:

You're totally right! Thanks for the response :tongue:
Any suggestions for conversation starters?

Thanks again Hattie, that's a good idea :wink: Good luck to you too!
You're totally right! Thanks for the response :tongue:
Any suggestions for conversation starters?

Lol I'm definitely not the best person to ask since I'm the kind of person who just waits until the right/convenient moment... I guess we can see why I've never been in a relationship hehe :lol:
Sorry but I think a man should do the asking out. If you ask him out and he says yes then what...you'll be in the same situation if he doesn't ask you out further. Or he might say no which could make things awkward. You are hoping he feels the same, but if he does he will ask you out eventually or you will hear from his friends that he likes you. I wouldn't rush things with this guy, it's only been 2 weeks!
Back in my day flirting amounted to grabbing your prospective partner and tying them off to your horse, riding them into the sunset.

What a world we live in!
Original post by chopingirl
Sorry but I think a man should do the asking out. If you ask him out and he says yes then what...you'll be in the same situation if he doesn't ask you out further. Or he might say no which could make things awkward. You are hoping he feels the same, but if he does he will ask you out eventually or you will hear from his friends that he likes you. I wouldn't rush things with this guy, it's only been 2 weeks!

That's a good point, thanks :smile:
Yea I wasn't thinking of asking him out immediately, but just wanted to start talking to him and giving hints in the meantime!
idk if anyone's still watching the thread, but:
no huge updates from today cos it was hot and I got sweaty and gross so I didn't want to go near him :tongue:
Now that I think about it, I could have talked a bit more but oh well, I can make up for it tomorrow I guess!
One thing though is that I keep on touching my hair whenever I see him... I know this is a normal symptom to have lol but do y'all think it gives a negative impression or is it like a huge giveaway??
Anyway, first thing I'm doing tomorrow is say hi to him in the morning and hope the rest follows :smile::smile::smile:
Ooh, also, does saying "do you want to go to lunch" count as asking out? :confused:
Does it make a difference if it was at the school canteen or somewhere else nearby?
Apparently girls aren't supposed to ask guys out, but it's school lunch so isn't it pretty normal for a girl to just offer to go together?
idk if anyone's still watching the thread, but:
no huge updates from today cos it was hot and I got sweaty and gross so I didn't want to go near him :tongue:
Now that I think about it, I could have talked a bit more but oh well, I can make up for it tomorrow I guess!
One thing though is that I keep on touching my hair whenever I see him... I know this is a normal symptom to have lol but do y'all think it gives a negative impression or is it like a huge giveaway??
Anyway, first thing I'm doing tomorrow is say hi to him in the morning and hope the rest follows :smile::smile::smile:

Lol I touch my hair a lot in general and no ones ever rlly commented on it so I wouldnt worry.
Good luck for tomorrow!:biggrin:
Ooh, also, does saying "do you want to go to lunch" count as asking out? :confused:
Does it make a difference if it was at the school canteen or somewhere else nearby?
Apparently girls aren't supposed to ask guys out, but it's school lunch so isn't it pretty normal for a girl to just offer to go together?

I dont think it would make much of a difference, and saying do you want to get lunch I wouldnt say means asking him out so dw.
Lol its fineeee have fun
are guys supposed to be the one who asks out the girl? is that like a rule? just curious :h:
Lol I touch my hair a lot in general and no ones ever rlly commented on it so I wouldnt worry.
Good luck for tomorrow!:biggrin:

Aww thank you :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending