The Student Room Group

BBC to AAA Beating The Odds, No Matter What - A Y13 GYG - 2020-2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 5hyl33n
@.Dezer. I thought you were tagging me... 😡

Original post by .Dezer.
EA7F6383-CF7B-4345-B7EE-5C57EC544028.jpg.jpeg

I did what happened?

Tags on this part of the forum haven't always been working recently - the admin/dev team are trying to sort it out :redface:
Reply 41
Original post by Becca216
Tags on this part of the forum haven't always been working recently - the admin/dev team are trying to sort it out :redface:

Ah ok! Thanks for the heads up :smile:

I will be making a End of Week Summary post, lets just say I want it to be the weekend already :redface: My brain is blank ahaha
Reply 42
I feel so dum compared to everyone else...uh why am I so bad...I am not giving up though, I am working twice as harder, I am sorry I am not active on here, but if I was I would never get any work done :redface: So I will make an update Saturday/Sunday!
Original post by .Dezer.
I feel so dum compared to everyone else...uh why am I so bad...I am not giving up though, I am working twice as harder, I am sorry I am not active on here, but if I was I would never get any work done :redface: So I will make an update Saturday/Sunday!

<3
Reply 44
Week-1 (7th-12th September 2020)

Maths: Well...lets see, we covered about most of Functions for one of my teachers and for the other one we have nearly completed Further Differentiation. Let me just say that, functions is probably one of the easiest A2 topics for maths, but I hate the wording in the questions, I always go on to over complicating the questions and therefore leading to a wrong answer...On the other hand Further Differentiation was quite "fun", yes I said it FUN, it was mainly because of how satisfying it is to complete a question, because there is usually a lot of steps involved. But other than that, I am planning on getting some practice in for both of these topics over the weekend!

Chemistry: OMG our teachers changed and idk, my new teacher is a very scary one lol, I mean shes is a good teacher though, but I got shouted at on the first lesson for her because I forgot to mention please when I asked for a new book lol. We have just recapped Acids, Bases and pH, Equilibrium and ye now we have moved onto Buffers and Neutrailisation which isn't all bad, we have only done one lesson on it though so....With my other teacher, we have started Arenes, which is a pretty chill topic if you ask me anyways.

Physics: We have a new teacher which goes through notes at the speed of light so ye thats fun, we have been doing the other half of Further Mechanics, i.e Simple Harmonic Motion and we have a PAG next week and I am already prepared for that, I watched a demonstration of the experiment on YTube and also went through the instructions. For our other teacher which thank god didn't change, we are just doing some recapping on the Nuclear Physics topic. So all in all physics wasn't too bad for a week one!

Other stuff:
1) I have to prepare this weekend for my KFC interview
2) I have to make flashcards on all of Chemistry organic - if I have more time then I will do some of the Organic Stuff too
3) Have to complete chores today and tommorow uhhhh

And this is my checklist for the weekend, sorry its really scruffy ahahaha:

Overall this week has been pretty draining, but I think thats cus I am getting back into waking up at 6:00AM to go to school. I felt pretty dumb in lessons, idk why just felt like at times I had forgotton everything I learnt, thats why I need to make these flashcards quick and keep testing myself when ever I get the chance too. Hopefully if I do get the KFC Job they will let me do just weekends, because I really don't want to do week day shifts especially when I will super drained after school...I just hope I don't slip and fall back on work and fail my a levels...I really hope I can manage everything....

Tags

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 45
If I forgot to tag anyone I am very sorry just let me know and I will put you in!
Maths - I was gonna do maths A level, but I couldn't because of timetable clashes. I did physics as a substitute, lol
Chemistry - Omg teachers can be such bullies like that! I had a scary chemistry teacher for half of year 11
Physics - Simple Harmonic Motion was the first thing I did in year 13 too

Good luck with everything :smile: Including your KFC interview :tongue:
Good luck this year & I hope you get the job! I also underperformed at GCSE and my flight path grades were kinda awful, but luckily we had online mocks at the end of last term so I was able to prove myself that way. I haven't got my UCAS predictions yet though, so who knows if it's paid off :boring:
Original post by .Dezer.

Maths: Well...lets see, we covered about most of Functions for one of my teachers and for the other one we have nearly completed Further Differentiation. Let me just say that, functions is probably one of the easiest A2 topics for maths, but I hate the wording in the questions, I always go on to over complicating the questions and therefore leading to a wrong answer...On the other hand Further Differentiation was quite "fun", yes I said it FUN, it was mainly because of how satisfying it is to complete a question, because there is usually a lot of steps involved. But other than that, I am planning on getting some practice in for both of these topics over the weekend!

Chemistry: OMG our teachers changed and idk, my new teacher is a very scary one lol, I mean shes is a good teacher though, but I got shouted at on the first lesson for her because I forgot to mention please when I asked for a new book lol. We have just recapped Acids, Bases and pH, Equilibrium and ye now we have moved onto Buffers and Neutrailisation which isn't all bad, we have only done one lesson on it though so....With my other teacher, we have started Arenes, which is a pretty chill topic if you ask me anyways.

Physics: We have a new teacher which goes through notes at the speed of light so ye thats fun, we have been doing the other half of Further Mechanics, i.e Simple Harmonic Motion and we have a PAG next week and I am already prepared for that, I watched a demonstration of the experiment on YTube and also went through the instructions. For our other teacher which thank god didn't change, we are just doing some recapping on the Nuclear Physics topic. So all in all physics wasn't too bad for a week one!

Other stuff:
2) I have to make flashcards on all of Chemistry organic - if I have more time then I will do some of the Organic Stuff too

Overall this week has been pretty draining, but I think thats cus I am getting back into waking up at 6:00AM to go to school. I felt pretty dumb in lessons, idk why just felt like at times I had forgotton everything I learnt, thats why I need to make these flashcards quick and keep testing myself when ever I get the chance too. Hopefully if I do get the KFC Job they will let me do just weekends, because I really don't want to do week day shifts especially when I will super drained after school...I just hope I don't slip and fall back on work and fail my a levels...I really hope I can manage everything....

Tags

Spoiler

You can do this, Dezer!! If you do get the job, it will only hold you back if you let it. It’s just another commitment, nothing more. Think positively and it will all turn out well :biggrin:

Don’t worry about feeling dumb in lessons. I felt the same. I have forgotten everything from biology already :embarrassed: and maths we ALREADY have a test to test everything in lockdown so I have lots to do too lol.

Spoiler

Original post by .Dezer.

Other stuff:

Tags

Spoiler

Listen you'll be fine!! I believe in you so you should too :yep: Just relax, keep breathing and remember you can do this :woo: :excited:

And the KFC interview, you'll get in, my boyfriend got in and what he did was prepare answers to questions that they are most likely to ask so you should do that too :yeah:

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND MOST IMPORTANTLY DO NOT LOSE HOPE :hand:
Good luck for your interview!! :gah:
I weirdly find differentiation fun too :giggle:
Reply 51
Original post by laurawatt
Good luck for your interview!! :gah:
I weirdly find differentiation fun too :giggle:

Original post by Nialler x
Listen you'll be fine!! I believe in you so you should too :yep: Just relax, keep breathing and remember you can do this :woo: :excited:

And the KFC interview, you'll get in, my boyfriend got in and what he did was prepare answers to questions that they are most likely to ask so you should do that too :yeah:

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND MOST IMPORTANTLY DO NOT LOSE HOPE :hand:

Original post by Chopinnocturne31
You can do this, Dezer!! If you do get the job, it will only hold you back if you let it. It’s just another commitment, nothing more. Think positively and it will all turn out well :biggrin:

Don’t worry about feeling dumb in lessons. I felt the same. I have forgotten everything from biology already :embarrassed: and maths we ALREADY have a test to test everything in lockdown so I have lots to do too lol.

Spoiler

Thanks guyssss!!!!

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I SMASHEDDD THE INTERVIEWWW, HE GAVE ME THE JOB ON THE SPOT!!!!!!!! **************

I AM SO HAPPY BECAUSE I LOVE CHICKEN AND IM GONNA GET FREE CHICKENNNN AND I LOVEEE CHICKENNN MHHHMMMM CHICKENNN :danceboy:

ON THE DOWN SIDE ITS MINIMUM WAGE :redface:

Tags

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 52
Hey nicely done :smile:
you actually get free chicken? that's nice of them
Original post by .Dezer.
Thanks guyssss!!!!

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I SMASHEDDD THE INTERVIEWWW, HE GAVE ME THE JOB ON THE SPOT!!!!!!!! :2euk48l:

I AM SO HAPPY BECAUSE I LOVE CHICKEN AND IM GONNA GET FREE CHICKENNNN AND I LOVEEE CHICKENNN MHHHMMMM CHICKENNN :danceboy:

Tags

Spoiler

Ayyyyyyy see I told you that you'd get in :closedeyes:

CONGRATULATIONS :party: :woo:
Original post by .Dezer.
Thanks guyssss!!!!

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Tags

Spoiler

WOOHOOO :rave: I knew you would smash it!!!! :dance: can I get some of that free chicken :teehee:

Wellll it’s better than nothing :biggrin: did they agree to you just doing weekend shifts?
Original post by .Dezer.
Thanks guyssss!!!!

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Tags

Spoiler

congrats :party:
Original post by .Dezer.
Thanks guyssss!!!!

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Tags

Spoiler

Yayyyyyy!!!

I’m so proud of you! Congratulations!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by Sinnoh
Hey nicely done :smile:
you actually get free chicken? that's nice of them

Thxxx
No, but it says on there website there are free staff meals? idk what that means YET anways ahahaha, but cus I will be working nights, if theres any left over Im taking them no cap!!!

Original post by Nialler x
Ayyyyyyy see I told you that you'd get in :closedeyes:

CONGRATULATIONS :party: :woo:

Gracias!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I legit so happyyy

Original post by Chopinnocturne31
WOOHOOO :rave: I knew you would smash it!!!! :dance: can I get some of that free chicken :teehee:

Wellll it’s better than nothing :biggrin: did they agree to you just doing weekend shifts?

Thx!!!! Maybe :tongue:
true and its working with chicken so I happy either way ahaha, yup and friday nights!
Original post by .Dezer.
Thanks guyssss!!!!

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Tags

Spoiler

Congrats!!! :jumphug:
Original post by .Dezer.
Thx!!!! Maybe :tongue:
true and its working with chicken so I happy either way ahaha, yup and friday nights!

That’s so great! I’m so happy for you :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending