The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Chemistry Autumn Exam 7405 P 1,2,3 6/13/19 Oct 2020 - Exam Discussion

AQA A-level Chemistry 7405 - Paper 1,2,3 - 6th/13th/19th October 2020

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... It's all here Feel free to add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others

This thread covers the following papers:

7405 Paper 1,2,3 6th/ 13th / 19th June 2020

The official specification:

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/chemistry/specifications/AQA-7404-7405-SP-2015.PDF

List of Recommended Resources:

Autumn Exam Megathread - Autumn Exam Thread Directory

Find the Unofficial Markscheme for Paper 1 here

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone have the 2019 mark schemes?
Reply 2
Original post by p.sbt
Does anyone have the 2019 mark schemes?

I haven't been able to find them anywhere, only the 'unofficial' ones. On the AQA website I believe it says they will be released next year.
Reply 3
Original post by lucybraithwaite
I haven't been able to find them anywhere, only the 'unofficial' ones. On the AQA website I believe it says they will be released next year.

Yeah thats what they told me over email, very annoying. How do u feel about exams/what grade u hoping for?
Reply 4
Original post by p.sbt
Yeah thats what they told me over email, very annoying. How do u feel about exams/what grade u hoping for?

Pooping myself slightly! I'm hoping for an A, but I am a private candidate as I finished college a couple of years ago, and I did the AS, but want to apply for uni now and I need the Chem at A2. What about you? I'm still curious about whether the exams will go ahead with all these rule changes etc!
my teachers have them but I asked and they said they cant give it out yet because they using it for mocks for the new year 13s
Reply 6
Pooping myself slightly! I'm hoping for an A, but I am a private candidate as I finished college a couple of years ago, and I did the AS, but want to apply for uni now and I need the Chem at A2. What about you? I'm still curious about whether the exams will go ahead with all these rule changes etc!

yeah i get u 100%, im also a private candidate - got a B in 2019 but needed an A for uni so i took a gap year, reapplied, got an offer, then exams got cancelled and my school couldn't give me any grades so my offers been deferred to 2021 conditional to autumn exams.

i was thinking the same, maybe they get delayed or cancelled completely, making us sit them in summer. but tbh, the autumn cohort is gonna be so small - probs <10 candidates per exam centre and that should be very feasible to manage (social distancing wise). i can only imagine them getting cancelled if the whole country has to go into complete lockdown again
Reply 7
Original post by Rainsky29
my teachers have them but I asked and they said they cant give it out yet because they using it for mocks for the new year 13s

so the students taking exams in summer have higher priority over the ones taking exams in 3 weeks :biggrin:
Original post by p.sbt
so the students taking exams in summer have higher priority over the ones taking exams in 3 weeks :biggrin:

LITERALLY!!! like there are unofficial markschemes threads but its not the same. i wanna actually do the paper and rimw myself
Reply 9
Original post by Rainsky29
LITERALLY!!! like there are unofficial markschemes threads but its not the same. i wanna actually do the paper and rimw myself

2019s should be released by now coz our autumn series can be used for year 13s january mocks
Reply 10
Original post by p.sbt
yeah i get u 100%, im also a private candidate - got a B in 2019 but needed an A for uni so i took a gap year, reapplied, got an offer, then exams got cancelled and my school couldn't give me any grades so my offers been deferred to 2021 conditional to autumn exams.

i was thinking the same, maybe they get delayed or cancelled completely, making us sit them in summer. but tbh, the autumn cohort is gonna be so small - probs <10 candidates per exam centre and that should be very feasible to manage (social distancing wise). i can only imagine them getting cancelled if the whole country has to go into complete lockdown again

Oh, okay! That's so frustrating for you. It's good to hear you did get a conditional offer though, congrats. I always planned to apply for 2021 so the lack of predicated grades didn't affect me. Everything is so up in the air! I took advice from an old lecturer who suggested I do the Autumn exams then resit in the Summer if necessary. Definitely regret not just postponing until Summer though!
Reply 11
Oh, okay! That's so frustrating for you. It's good to hear you did get a conditional offer though, congrats. I always planned to apply for 2021 so the lack of predicated grades didn't affect me. Everything is so up in the air! I took advice from an old lecturer who suggested I do the Autumn exams then resit in the Summer if necessary. Definitely regret not just postponing until Summer though!

yeah everyones in such strange situations rn its crazy, hopefully it all works out
Reply 12
Original post by p.sbt
yeah everyones in such strange situations rn its crazy, hopefully it all works out

Good luck to you! :biggrin:
hi, good luck everyone!
Reply 14
How's everyone getting on? Anyone else still not finished the content yet?
Reply 15
Original post by Yo...
How's everyone getting on? Anyone else still not finished the content yet?

Me: A5A9833B-8405-410D-A42B-A5EDAF0D8F73.jpg.jpeg
Reply 16
Original post by Yo...
Me: A5A9833B-8405-410D-A42B-A5EDAF0D8F73.jpg.jpeg

Ahaha there’s probs about 13 people sitting this exam nationwide lol

I was supposed to be resitting so i finished the content last year
Reply 17
Original post by p.sbt
Ahaha there’s probs about 13 people sitting this exam nationwide lol

I was supposed to be resitting so i finished the content last year

Yeah I’m saying no way more than a thousand entering this exam, and so the grade boundaries might be inflated.
I’m planning to have finished all the content within 3 days and then start on exam papers which will be for around 2 weeks until the first exam
Reply 18
Original post by Yo...
Yeah I’m saying no way more than a thousand entering this exam, and so the grade boundaries might be inflated.
I’m planning to have finished all the content within 3 days and then start on exam papers which will be for around 2 weeks until the first exam

Is it just the one a level that you’re sitting? Sounds like a big push ahah
Reply 19
Original post by p.sbt
Is it just the one a level that you’re sitting? Sounds like a big push ahah

Yeah just chemistry. I done limited revision before as UCAT plays a big part in my application. It kinda helped as I got a good score in the UCAT and now focusing on chemistry.
I’m nearly finished the content (probably in 3-4 days) and then just gonna do chemistry paper 1 exam q’s and past papers for 1-2 weeks before the first exam. Reckon it’s doable or am I too optimistic? Aiming for an A

Latest

Trending

Trending