The Student Room Group

GYG Slav Engineering

GYG Slav Engineering
About me
So lets start a bit about me. I'm 18 and I have finished Aeronautical Engineering Level 3 Extended Diploma at college. I managed to Get triple distinction and I'm still waiting for my updated result. So during 2020-2021 I'm taking a weird Gap year of doing another year of college while i apply to degree apprenticeships. So what course am i doing this year?
Well IT level 3 foundation diploma. Why you may ask. Well lets just say that for one of my degree apprenticeships everyone there did a levels of maths physics and computer science and i did well , maths physics, business , D&T around aircraft.
Grades
Lets start with Gcse

Maths 8

Double Higher science 8-8

English Lit 5

English Lang 6

RE 6

History 7

Business B

Polish A

Now for college

Engineering lv3 Foundation Diploma Distinction had all distinctions in my coursework year 1 of aeronautical engineering

Aeronautical Engineering Lv3 Extended Diploma DDD but i was predicted D*D*D and im still awaiting confirmation of my grades

Goals for 2020-2021
Apply to degree apprenticeships in engineering and get one ideally in mechatronics, Get a Distinction in IT level 3 and get my citizenship. Also be nice to get more friends and go out
Goals completed
Get an mx5
Life aspirations
Have my own business in well engineering and hopefully in making race cars.
maybe get married eventually

notes

how does one blog?

first goal of buying an mx 5 is complete on the 13/09/2020

(edited 3 years ago)
Hi :wavey:

Best of luck for the year ahead, I am also looking to go into engineering but I am thinking of going down the university route rather than the apprenticeship route - however I am keeping my options open :smile:

To blog on here you basically give life updates every so often - on GYG blogs they are normally more academic based (you may talk about struggles with the course your doing, when you've applied to your apprenticeship, when you are (hopefully) accepted etc..., but you can also give updates on how you are doing - have you been to any cool places? Do you have any book recommendations for other people? It is basically an area for you to talk about anything and everything :biggrin: Hope this helps.
Original post by Becca216
Hi :wavey:

Best of luck for the year ahead, I am also looking to go into engineering but I am thinking of going down the university route rather than the apprenticeship route - however I am keeping my options open :smile:

To blog on here you basically give life updates every so often - on GYG blogs they are normally more academic based (you may talk about struggles with the course your doing, when you've applied to your apprenticeship, when you are (hopefully) accepted etc..., but you can also give updates on how you are doing - have you been to any cool places? Do you have any book recommendations for other people? It is basically an area for you to talk about anything and everything :biggrin: Hope this helps.

Thanks :smile: i think it wll mostly be filled with me sharing just everything but mostly computing stuff. also im trying to avoid uni after my experience of college where i was my own teacher as i didnt get the best of teachers :///
(edited 3 years ago)
So update nr 1 i should add this into notes but ive completed HTMl on Code academy in like a day around 6 hours good start. Python on the other hand I've restarted it as confusion :/// and better start again and re learn
Original post by 7xm2
Thanks :smile: i think it wll mostly be filled with me sharing just everything but mostly computing stuff. also im trying to avoid uni after my experience of college where i was my own teacher as i didnt get the best of teachers :///

Ahhh fair enough, there are some good apprenticeships out there so if you can get one, it is definitely worth it :smile:
Ahhh fair enough, there are some good apprenticeships out there so if you can get one, it is definitely worth it :smile:

yeah,im limited out of some as i dont have citizenship but oh well
Defo following this :smile:
so todays day has been, wake up, the usual sausage bap , workout , look at cars, look at car parts for hours and attempt coding...
hmm i need to ground myself with my ambtions sometimes
first time round going camping as an adult and driving without a box.. shame i havent got my mx5 yet :///
Original post by 7xm2

GYG Slav Engineering
About me
So lets start a bit about me. I'm 18 and I have finished Aeronautical Engineering Level 3 Extended Diploma at college. I managed to Get triple distinction and I'm still waiting for my updated result. So during 2020-2021 I'm taking a weird Gap year of doing another year of college while i apply to degree apprenticeships. So what course am i doing this year?
Well IT level 3 foundation diploma. Why you may ask. Well lets just say that for one of my degree apprenticeships everyone there did a levels of maths physics and computer science and i did well , maths physics, business , D&T around aircraft.
Grades
Lets start with Gcse

Maths 8

Double Higher science 8-8

English Lit 5

English Lang 6

RE 6

History 7

Business B

Polish A

Now for college

Engineering lv3 Foundation Diploma Distinction had all distinctions in my coursework year 1 of aeronautical engineering

Aeronautical Engineering Lv3 Extended Diploma DDD but i was predicted D*D*D and im still awaiting confirmation of my grades

Goals for 2020-2021
Well hopefully buying a new car soon an mx5, apply to degree apprenticeships in engineering and get one ideally in mechatronics, Get a Distinction in IT level 3 and get my citizenship. Also be nice to get more friends and go out

Life aspirations
Have my own business in well engineering and hopefully in making race cars.
maybe get married eventually

notes

how does one blog?

Hey :smile: Looking forward to following your journey. What got you interested in engineering?

I've just finished an engineering apprenticeship (not at degree level though) so if you've got any questions I'd be more than happy to help! :biggrin:
Original post by brainzistheword
Hey :smile: Looking forward to following your journey. What got you interested in engineering?

I've just finished an engineering apprenticeship (not at degree level though) so if you've got any questions I'd be more than happy to help! :biggrin:

Thanks np how was yiur apprenticeship what did yiu do it in
Original post by 7xm2
Thanks np how was yiur apprenticeship what did yiu do it in

It was in aerospace engineering and I loved it. I enjoyed the fact that I could try different areas before settling in one. I studied one day a week and got to do other things outside of the regular day job too :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
It was in aerospace engineering and I loved it. I enjoyed the fact that I could try different areas before settling in one. I studied one day a week and got to do other things outside of the regular day job too :smile:

Yeah that's good I'm. Gonna teynto. Apply to some this year and see where it goes, I'm kinda limited with the apprenticeship as well, I haven't got my citizenship yet :frown:( but I'm gonna look as well into electro mechanical
So update everyone I bought a car, an Mx 5 my first dream car :smile: :
Pros:
It's amazing
It's a mx5
Cons:
I'mma need to get a job to pay back a small loan i took from my parnsts
I'mma need to put on hold my pc build as I want to well, do the sills on my car as there good for another year but its a hit like.a infection its OK now nit in a year its gonna be awful, so imma need to spend a grand on that as well imma need to. Do it anyway but I live this car, mr2 will hopefully be soon in the summer time as well and well that's my aim.
However if I find a job until december it's a struggle as I got one exam in December and I hope I'll ace it with work college and working on my car
Well done on getting your first dream car! :woo: You must be over the moon!
Well done on getting your first dream car! :woo: You must be over the moon!

i am not bad for an 18 year old to get there second car as a dream car, only thing is i worry about the welding work and im puttin on hold my pc upgrade as id rather have a nice car than pc :/
Attachment not found

so heres a pic of my mx5 well one of them
Original post by 7xm2
Yeah that's good I'm. Gonna teynto. Apply to some this year and see where it goes, I'm kinda limited with the apprenticeship as well, I haven't got my citizenship yet :frown:( but I'm gonna look as well into electro mechanical

Best of luck in your search! If I can help with anything else just let me know :smile:

Nice car!! :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending