The Student Room Group

when you think of your uni/ uni course

is it normal too feel sick and uneasy and sick to your stomach with a touch of fear for the future
Absolutely - most people haven’t got a clue what they want to do with their future and it can be scary to think about

If you’re really concerned there are probably career guidance or wellbeing services at your uni/college that would help you talk through things?

But honestly it is very normal
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Absolutely - most people haven’t got a clue what they want to do with their future and it can be scary to think about

If you’re really concerned there are probably career guidance or wellbeing services at your uni/college that would help you talk through things?

But honestly it is very normal

like last year i was totally cool with applying for pharmacy and the same thing this year but ever since end of july i have been feeling like this
Is there anything in particular you’re feeling fearful about? Are you not sure you like the course or are you worried you don’t want to follow the career path the course seems to be leading you down?
Reply 4
Is there anything in particular you’re feeling fearful about? Are you not sure you like the course or are you worried you don’t want to follow the career path the course seems to be leading you down?

maybe its all of those? maybe i am scared i will fail i ..do not know
Reply 5
Nervousness is perfectly normal. But theres a line between obsessing or freaking yourself out over it and just a bit of nerves. The future is something that you really cant control, theres no point in building it all up in your head. Focus on what you can do now.
Reply 6
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Nervousness is perfectly normal. But theres a line between obsessing or freaking yourself out over it and just a bit of nerves. The future is something that you really cant control, theres no point in building it all up in your head. Focus on what you can do now.

whatever will happen will happen. NICE
Why are you so sure that you should go to university if your main emotion attached to it is fear and apprehension?

If you're going uni, it needs to be intentional.
Reply 8
Original post by angelinahx
Why are you so sure that you should go to university if your main emotion attached to it is fear and apprehension?

If you're going uni, it needs to be intentional.

i do want to go uni tho
and i was happy until end of july
i do want to go uni tho
and i was happy until end of july

Don’t get phased by suggestions like that. You are right to feel this way, if it is justified by real worries; we can have that. It is very normal and can happen to anyone.

The other person Is right but hasn’t appreciated that we react differently and thinking differently despite what our abilities or capabilities are.

You’re unlucky to feel this way. If anxiety is a persistent issue. Try to see a dr about anti stress or anti anxiety medication such as propranolol. I went through the whole of last year with almost daily anxiety (absolutely no exaggeration at all, honest to god). It was the hardest thing.

This academic year, I’ve started the propranolol. My lectures start next week. So far the anxiety is mostly in check physically. I feel better about the coming year.

Try to use cognitive behavioural therapy (self administered) by observing your thought patterns and changing the way you think and also reneging negative thoughts with positive thoughts.

Quick Reply

Latest