The Student Room Group

How to start my personal statement

I have written my first three drafts fir my personal statement, but I don't really like how it sounds and my first bit is kind of an exaggeration/lie, which I obviously need to get rid of. I want to start by saying how i found my love for career after doing some volunteering but i don't really know how to get it off the ground.

Any help is really appreciated :smile:
What course is it?
Original post by Eaphysics
What course is it?

Physiotherapy
It doesn't need to be really unique - just make it honest and briefly introduce why you want to be a physiotherapist (over other healthcare professions, so make it specific)
^ say what made interested in the course, what you enjoy about it, any experiences you’ve had, anything you’ve learnt in school that relates to your course and or that has given you a better understanding of it
A key point that helped me a lot with writing my personal statement was to reflect on your experience and say what you learned about you and your suitability for the course you’re applying for.
Original post by Interrobang
It doesn't need to be really unique - just make it honest and briefly introduce why you want to be a physiotherapist (over other healthcare professions, so make it specific)

Original post by Eaphysics
^ say what made interested in the course, what you enjoy about it, any experiences you’ve had, anything you’ve learnt in school that relates to your course and or that has given you a better understanding of it

Original post by boredom07
A key point that helped me a lot with writing my personal statement was to reflect on your experience and say what you learned about you and your suitability for the course you’re applying for.

Thank you all so much!! If I upload a draft of my statement on this thread tonight, would anyone mind giving it a read and some pointers? Xx
Original post by ItsStarLordMan
Thank you all so much!! If I upload a draft of my statement on this thread tonight, would anyone mind giving it a read and some pointers? Xx

Do not upload any part of your personal statement on this thread.
There is a private forum on TSR in which you can upload your personal statement and someone with expertise will read over it for you...

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=134

Bear in mind, you can only send it once so make sure you have looked over it a few times and got some other opinions before submitting for a final overview.
Original post by 5hyl33n
Do not upload any part of your personal statement on this thread.
There is a private forum on TSR in which you can upload your personal statement and someone with expertise will read over it for you...

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=134

Bear in mind, you can only send it once so make sure you have looked over it a few times and got some other opinions before submitting for a final overview.

Oh ok thank you. Is that because of plagiarism or what?
Oh ok thank you. Is that because of plagiarism or what?

Yeah, it’s because of plagiarism. :smile:
Original post by 5hyl33n
Yeah, it’s because of plagiarism. :smile:

Ah thank youuu. You've been very helpful :smile:
Ah thank youuu. You've been very helpful :smile:

No problem! Good luck with your personal statement!
Original post by 5hyl33n
No problem! Good luck with your personal statement!

Thanks! Good luck with whatever you need luck for 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending