The Student Room Group

Dentists during covid **facepalm**

Been having severe toothache for coming up to 3 1/2 weeks straight and have phoned atleast 6 dentists all claiming to be accepting NHS patients but NHS don't update their profiles and all basically said no, spoke with someone on a helpline and got told to put up with it? if i have something seriously wrong going on with my tooth and i just leave it surely its just going to get worse and could even fall out or the tooth could die or something? how do i go about seeing someone as i would class it as an emergency at this point as i can't even sleep and for mild pain relief i need to take way more than the recommended dose for painkillers and have been doing for the past 3 weeks...the pain is not as bad now and i don't get the pains as much but i read this is a bad sign? can't believe i'm being told oh just pretend you don't have an issue and hope your tooth doesn't turn black or fall out.

Is there a number to call to get an appointment when yourself cant get one? due to covid i got cut loose from my job and have been going into savings just to get by so last thing i want is to go private and pay easily £100-£1000 depending on the issue.
Original post by Nick6501
Been having severe toothache for coming up to 3 1/2 weeks straight and have phoned atleast 6 dentists all claiming to be accepting NHS patients but NHS don't update their profiles and all basically said no, spoke with someone on a helpline and got told to put up with it? if i have something seriously wrong going on with my tooth and i just leave it surely its just going to get worse and could even fall out or the tooth could die or something? how do i go about seeing someone as i would class it as an emergency at this point as i can't even sleep and for mild pain relief i need to take way more than the recommended dose for painkillers and have been doing for the past 3 weeks...the pain is not as bad now and i don't get the pains as much but i read this is a bad sign? can't believe i'm being told oh just pretend you don't have an issue and hope your tooth doesn't turn black or fall out.

Is there a number to call to get an appointment when yourself cant get one? due to covid i got cut loose from my job and have been going into savings just to get by so last thing i want is to go private and pay easily £100-£1000 depending on the issue.

private emergency appointments can be less than £200, you can try ringing 111 if you believe you could have an infection
@claireestelle’s right, you should probably try calling 111 and seeing what they recommend. You should tell them that you don’t have a dentist at the moment, and then relay all of your symptoms. They’ll decide whether you need treatment or not.

Quick Reply

Latest