The Student Room Group

Comment below uni students:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
omg, how did you go about getting the money back from uni. my laptop was £500 plus £200 insurance :frown:

Its just a digital... somehting or another scheme that my uni had. Luckily I bought my laptop past the specified date, then I filled in a form where I boohooed that I only got one because I was told I would need one for online learning and they gave me back £400, but the actual laptop was like £730 ish (OUUCH). you should definitely check on your unis website, or maybe even email to ask if they have any financial help for covid :smile: you never know lol
Original post by nursingstudentuk
Its just a digital... somehting or another scheme that my uni had. Luckily I bought my laptop past the specified date, then I filled in a form where I boohooed that I only got one because I was told I would need one for online learning and they gave me back £400, but the actual laptop was like £730 ish (OUUCH). you should definitely check on your unis website, or maybe even email to ask if they have any financial help for covid :smile: you never know lol

wht was the specified date for you, i bought mine 3 weeks ago as soon as i received an email saying majority of teaching would be online with limited face to face teaching.
wht was the specified date for you, i bought mine 3 weeks ago as soon as i received an email saying majority of teaching would be online with limited face to face teaching.

my uni offered money back for purchases made after the 9th of june, although they required I still have a receipt. Do you have your receipt still? I hope your uni does offer some support. The scheme at UWE was called the "Digital Capability Scheme". You could always open with that, saying you had hear of the Digital Capability Scheme at other unis and wondered if they offered anything similar? They just asked me for a picture of the receipt and maybe even a picture of my student finance award letter? Although I cant really remember lol. Worth asking ? :biggrin:
Going into first year?

Yeah
Original post by nursingstudentuk
my uni offered money back for purchases made after the 9th of june, although they required I still have a receipt. Do you have your receipt still? I hope your uni does offer some support. The scheme at UWE was called the "Digital Capability Scheme". You could always open with that, saying you had hear of the Digital Capability Scheme at other unis and wondered if they offered anything similar? They just asked me for a picture of the receipt and maybe even a picture of my student finance award letter? Although I cant really remember lol. Worth asking ? :biggrin:

@JamThatJam does herts do something like this for laptops purchased due to lectures being online as i had to purchase a laptop fir it as i didn't have one before.

also, with regard to ur education degree, do u get given a placement in a local school whilst doing ur degree, if so, which local schools, just so i can plan in the future for things like transport.
@JamThatJam does herts do something like this for laptops purchased due to lectures being online as i had to purchase a laptop fir it as i didn't have one before.

also, with regard to ur education degree, do u get given a placement in a local school whilst doing ur degree, if so, which local schools, just so i can plan in the future for things like transport.

I’ve not heard anything about Herts doing something like this. It may be different for first years though, so it’s worth contacting them.

What Education course are you doing BA or BEd? For the BA, there’s only one placement in second year where you can pick where you do it. For the BEd, there are three placement one for each year, where the uni select it for you. If you live at uni accommodation, they will place you in any school around the local area, and arrange the transport for you. If you don’t live at uni, they will try and place you in a school as close to your address as possible. Ask me if you have any other questions :smile:
Original post by JamThatJam
I’ve not heard anything about Herts doing something like this. It may be different for first years though, so it’s worth contacting them.

What Education course are you doing BA or BEd? For the BA, there’s only one placement in second year where you can pick where you do it. For the BEd, there are three placement one for each year, where the uni select it for you. If you live at uni accommodation, they will place you in any school around the local area, and arrange the transport for you. If you don’t live at uni, they will try and place you in a school as close to your address as possible. Ask me if you have any other questions :smile:

thx, i live in st albans so not too far from the uni and am commuting so don't mind being placed in schools near the uni or near me. might see u on campus in the next few weeks. gl for ur new academic year xx
just commenting again to try and revive this thread and get more people to comment hopefully. just trying to help people find other people doing the same course as them or going to the same uni xx
Is anyone studying early childhood at uwe ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending