The Student Room Group

How do I get predicted grades through self study.

self studying AQA A level maths & further maths. Currently in y13. I'm wondering how I could get predicted grades? Is it possible?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you have grades from year 12 or have I misunderstood. If so you could use those again if you haven't reached the predicted grade? Other than that I'm lost. If you have a checklist of some sort and you have done all on it well you should be good.
Reply 2
Original post by CC90s
Do you have grades from year 12 or have I misunderstood. If so you could use those again if you haven't reached the predicted grade? Other than that I'm lost. If you have a checklist of some sort and you have done all on it well you should be good.

No, I am doing it all at home. Self studying maths & further maths in one year. Not in enrolled in my sixth form classes for maths or further maths. I'll be booking the summer exams. But I want to know how I could get predicted grades since I'm doing it completely by myself.
Reply 3
Original post by bobfish11
No, I am doing it all at home. Self studying maths & further maths in one year. Not in enrolled in my sixth form classes for maths or further maths. I'll be booking the summer exams. But I want to know how I could get predicted grades since I'm doing it completely by myself.

Hmm, that's tricky... there may be practice exams online to predict where you would be, but other than that I'm not much help, sorry. You could try reaching out to an institute or something? Difficult circumstances
Unfortunately, all I can think of is to hire a private tutor for a few classes. Perhaps complete a mock under their supervision too. You will also need a reference.

One other solution is to contact the universities and tell them about your situation. You couldn't take AS exams last summer either so they are more likely to understand.

I hope someone else can be of more help...
(edited 3 years ago)

Why are you doing this? How many other A levels are you doing?
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
Why are you doing this? How many other A levels are you doing?

Economics & Business in school.

do you just find maths and further maths too easy for some reason?

So why can't you attend maths lessons? Two A levels is not a full timetable - I'm surprised your school allows this.
Reply 9
Original post by royalty1702
do you just find maths and further maths too easy for some reason?

I find maths relatively easy & further maths is seen as something that should only be studied as a 4th A level.
Reply 10
So why can't you attend maths lessons? Two A levels is not a full timetable - I'm surprised your school allows this.

Yes they do, my friend is currently only doing 2 A level's.
I find maths relatively easy & further maths is seen as something that should only be studied as a 4th A level.

wdym should only be studied as a 4th A level?

If you're going to take 4 A levels you have to go for the kill on all 4!
Reply 12

Hi, no offence but can you stop asking miscellaneous questions on top of the question I have asked. I have come here to have my question answered and do not have time for anything else. Thanks.
Reply 13
wdym should only be studied as a 4th A level?

If you're going to take 4 A levels you have to go for the kill on all 4!

Hi, no offence but can you stop asking miscellaneous questions on top of the question I have asked. I have come here to have my question answered and do not have time for anything else. Thanks.

dude you don't need to be so rude.

If you want predicted grades you should have asked your teachers to give them to you at the end of year 12. I'm assuming that you studied all 4 in your school last year

If you went to Maths lessons your problem would be solved - hence my question. Why aren't you doing that?
Reply 16
dude you don't need to be so rude.

If you want predicted grades you should have asked your teachers to give them to you at the end of year 12. I'm assuming that you studied all 4 in your school last year

I am sorry you found that rude, online messaging still proves to be a little challenging with proper comminucation. No I only studied Economics & Business in year 12. Like I said earlier, I'm self studying maths & further maths in one year! No one in my year got predicted grades because of course...COVID!
Been thinking about it as well. I've just finished GCSE and decided that I'd do three A-levels all in one year. I've seen that you can actually give yourself predicted grades....? I think there's a requirement on who can give it as well as the reference and it doesn't matter whether the predicted grades are inaccurate or not cause ultimately it'll affect you. Not entirely sure though as I have tutors who I think can give predicted grades for me and I think you'll need to get some as well.
Reply 18
If you went to Maths lessons your problem would be solved - hence my question. Why aren't you doing that?i

They don't know about me taking further maths. They would probably advise against it. I think I will get a private tutor instead.
Reply 19
Original post by Heyman2234
Been thinking about it as well. I've just finished GCSE and decided that I'd do three A-levels all in one year. I've seen that you can actually give yourself predicted grades....? I think there's a requirement on who can give it as well as the reference and it doesn't matter whether the predicted grades are inaccurate or not cause ultimately it'll affect you. Not entirely sure though as I have tutors who I think can give predicted grades for me and I think you'll need to get some as well.

Oh hi, can you expand on this. Seriously, really? oh ok. Ok yes I saw a thread about tutors giving predicted grades. When should I sign up and get these predicted grades with my tutor since my school is saying they are finalising predicted grades by next week.

Quick Reply

Latest