The Student Room Group

Best city in the UK and why?

Pls explain I would like to move and I want to know ur opinions and why so I can start to explore a bit.

Scroll to see replies

Birmingham because of too many reasons to list. Link me and I'll give you the grand tour.
Reply 2
Original post by 2_versions
Birmingham because of too many reasons to list. Link me and I'll give you the grand tour.

Give me 3 of your top reasons ahhaha
Original post by Anonymous
Give me 3 of your top reasons ahhaha

Huge alternative art scene (everything from grime, Tat Vision movies and graffiti )
Best food in the UK (speaks for itself, big asian population so nowhere competes for flavour and spice)
The nightlife, there's so many clubs with different themes, you can go to foam parties, luxury expensive clubs or your run of the mill dirthouse.
and if I had to add a 4th it would be innovation and business opportunity.
i live in uk birmignham and worst city here
Original post by modabeasttt
i live in uk birmignham and worst city here

Nah mate you aren't making the most of it. Where about you at?
Best city is hard to say lots of good ones.
Worst city, London.
i currenlty live in edgbaston and im the type that never leaves the house just uses the pc
birmingham. the accent is to die for.
i thought london was great
Huge alternative art scene (everything from grime, Tat Vision movies and graffiti )
Best food in the UK (speaks for itself, big asian population so nowhere competes for flavour and spice)
The nightlife, there's so many clubs with different themes, you can go to foam parties, luxury expensive clubs or your run of the mill dirthouse.
and if I had to add a 4th it would be innovation and business opportunity.

that actually does sound really good. First time I've heard anyone speak positively about birmingham though everyone i've heard hates it. but that sounds great.
i currenlty live in edgbaston and im the type that never leaves the house just uses the pc

thats why then man, get out the house, I'll take you to the best spots :biggrin:
Original post by mnot
Best city is hard to say lots of good ones.
Worst city, London.

i thought london was great

I thought that London was good too. why don't u like it mnot? it was the top of my list
Original post by Anonymous
that actually does sound really good. First time I've heard anyone speak positively about birmingham though everyone i've heard hates it. but that sounds great.

Yeah I mean to be fair, there's a lot of homelessness and poverty surrounding Birmingham. Especially the canals where you will find your homeless den and needles, but if you have the money it's a great place to go - and the sights are good too.
how old are u guys?
im 15 year old finished school nightmare there too many gangs drug dealing had to finish so yea focusing on my self that's why
Yeah I mean to be fair, there's a lot of homelessness and poverty surrounding Birmingham. Especially the canals where you will find your homeless den and needles, but if you have the money it's a great place to go - and the sights are good too.

Okay thanks. I don't have loads of money I will be a student tho
im 15 year old finished school nightmare there too many gangs drug dealing had to finish so yea focusing on my self that's why

17, I'd say Brum gangs are there yes, but there's only really 2 big ones and they don't really interfere with the public like robbery or assault wise. That's usually individuals. They do hit a lot of the weed crops though. The guy who did the stabbing a few days ago was known in the area for being a bit crazy, and there's probably more like him walking around - but nothing you wont find anywhere else like the infamous Purple Aki in Liverpool
17, I'd say Brum gangs are there yes, but there's only really 2 big ones and they don't really interfere with the public like robbery or assault wise. That's usually individuals. They do hit a lot of the weed crops though. The guy who did the stabbing a few days ago was known in the area for being a bit crazy, and there's probably more like him walking around - but nothing you wont find anywhere else like the infamous Purple Aki in Liverpool

my previusly school bully wanted me to join gang which involves (drugs murderiung all of that) so yea i heard one of em has huge machatte and once cut a mans head off yea and they all smoke and they teacher didnt care what was happening if someone got stabbedin the school he will lietrally watch it and applause it so yea nightmare and im not about the life im like intelligent i wana happier and succesful life adn i would do anything to make that rue adn thats why i dont waste my time ousidde rather educate and improve my self.
my previusly school bully wanted me to join gang which involves (drugs murderiung all of that) so yea i heard one of em has huge machatte and once cut a mans head off yea and they all smoke and they teacher didnt care what was happening if someone got stabbedin the school he will lietrally watch it and applause it so yea nightmare and im not about the life im like intelligent i wana happier and succesful life adn i would do anything to make that rue adn thats why i dont waste my time ousidde rather educate and improve my self.

yeah man, good for you. Work on that education and get a good life going!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending