The Student Room Group

what do you think happens after death?

personally i believe I'll be accountable for my actions on the day of judgment. as for right after i die, i'll be in my grave being asked questions about my religion. then if im lucky i'll live eternally in one of the seven heavens :smile:

no judgment, to each their own. go

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clin.edpsych
personally i believe I'll be accountable for my actions on the day of judgment. as for right after i die, i'll be in my grave being asked questions about my religion. then if im lucky i'll live eternally in one of the seven heavens :smile:

Personally, I believe that when we die we are just dead, I think that at death our consciousness stops and we cease to exist. I don’t really believe in anything like an afterlife although the whole idea of one is rather comforting because the idea of just stopping existing is quite scary. Part of me would like for their to be an afterlife but I don’t really believe in one 😊
Nothing, cuts to black and that’s it.
Reply 3
I just think we just switch off and everything stops, although I can't think about how that would feel- being nothing.
I do like reincarnation theories and the watching over your old family, however, as ideal as they may appear I don't think that's what happens :biggrin:
Original post by Emily~3695
Personally, I believe that when we die we are just dead, I think that at death our consciousness stops and we cease to exist. I don’t really believe in anything like an afterlife although the whole idea of one is rather comforting because the idea of just stopping existing is quite scary. Part of me would like for their to be an afterlife but I don’t really believe in one 😊

it seems weird to just be nothing forever right?

i believe there is and so does 1.8billion others :biggrin:
Original post by macy_m
I just think we just switch off and everything stops, although I can't think about how that would feel- being nothing.
I do like reincarnation theories and the watching over your old family, however, as ideal as they may appear I don't think that's what happens :biggrin:

wow, nice. those are limited to diary of wimpy kid ahah
it seems weird to just be nothing forever right?

i believe there is and so does 1.8billion others :biggrin:

Umm Yh it does seem kind weird if you think about it but I guess it would just be like before we were born, we don’t remember that and we didn’t exist at that point and after we die if we don’t exist then it will just be like that again, ofc I respect that u believe in afterlife and as I said before the idea is comforting but personally I just don’t rly believe in it
(edited 3 years ago)
Bardo, then we get thrown back out.
Reply 8
wow, nice. those are limited to diary of wimpy kid ahah

haha yes. I was raised catholic so I did grow up with the belief of heaven being there, however, I just don't think that's how it all works, i can't be a worse catholic than this :rofl:
Reply 9
Umm Yh it does seem kind weird if you think about it but I guess it would just be like before we were born, we don’t remember that and we didn’t exist at that point and after we die if we don’t exist then it will just be like that again, ofc I respect that u believe in afterlife and as I said before the idea is comforting but personally I just don’t rly believe in it

Ditto^^

Especially at the comforting bit, I think I find the 'watching over your loved ones' a lot more comforting and reassuring, but I don't think it's what happens. Everyone has their own beliefs though :yep:
Original post by macy_m
haha yes. I was raised catholic so I did grow up with the belief of heaven being there, however, I just don't think that's how it all works, i can't be a worse catholic than this :rofl:

im not too sure about catholicism. but im sure all religions follow a principle. forgiveness is key. in islam you can commit any sin(not intentionally and know you'll be forgived) and a simple ''astagfirullah" meaning 'i seek forgivness' can wipe it away. have faith in whatever you believe!
A good view to have I think is that we all go where we imagine to go after death, so maybe to a form of heaven or become some sort of spirit if that’s what the individual believes in but I do think the idea of reincarnation is interesting
Reply 12
pure bliss = aka nothingness.

fair enough. its weird that we randomly exist the way we are with the creations around us. millions and billions or universe existing rn.

thank you! its fine honestly. i respect your belief!
I genuinely have no idea. Maybe nothing or maybe there's a heaven but I don't believe in hell
Original post by WellLucy
A good view to have I think is that we all go where we imagine to go after death, so maybe to a form of heaven or become some sort of spirit if that’s what the individual believes in but I do think the idea of reincarnation is interesting

it makes sense. you're on earth to worship the almight and nothing else. it is merely test..so what if you 'sacrifice' 40 50 or 60 years of your life for eternal happiness
Original post by Ciel.
pure bliss = aka nothingness.

:smile:

Whatever energy we were holding onto spreads back out into the environment. Either you are burned, in which case you are released as heat which dissipates into the surrounding air. Or, you are buried, where your energy spreads to organisms, the soil, then to plants, maybe even to insects and birds. After you die, you energy will experience flight. It probably already has before. Energy cannot be created or destroyed. Your memories will be lost, but energy lives on. I am rather agnostic but leaning more towards atheism. I suppose my beliefs could be described as similar to Jaina Dharma.
No judgement or hell. I am reminded I am God and can then choose to become whatever I want, including an angel, nature spirit and so on.
You never know because you lose sentience when you die and therefore can't recognise what happened to you as you no longer have cognitive function.

Or you go to the great meadow in the sky where there are all the rabbits you could possibly want to eat and you ascend to TSR mod.
Original post by nursingstudentuk
Whatever energy we were holding onto spreads back out into the environment. Either you are burned, in which case you are released as heat which dissipates into the surrounding air. Or, you are buried, where your energy spreads to organisms, the soil, then to plants, maybe even to insects and birds. After you die, you energy will experience flight. It probably already has before. Energy cannot be created or destroyed. Your memories will be lost, but energy lives on. I am rather agnostic but leaning more towards atheism. I suppose my beliefs could be described as similar to Jaina Dharma.

Spoiler

Original post by Moonlight rain
I genuinely have no idea. Maybe nothing or maybe there's a heaven but I don't believe in hell

agnostic basically? btw you an exmuslim?
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
No judgement or hell. I am reminded I am God and can then choose to become whatever I want, including an angel, nature spirit and so on.

Original post by Rufus the red
You never know because you lose sentience when you die and therefore can't recognise what happened to you as you no longer have cognitive function.

Or you go to the great meadow in the sky where there are all the rabbits you could possibly want to eat and you ascend to TSR mod.

nicee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending