The Student Room Group

Quacking the case to A*s - Y13 GYG 20/21

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by neko no basu
Love the pun:yy:
Glad you were able to meet up with some friends and hope you make new ones in your fm class!

Thank you, I hope so too!
Original post by Becca216
Thank you

Oops, sorry, I forgot to add you to the OP, I’ll do it now :facepalm: and thank you :smile:

No worries. What options did you pick for further maths?
Reply 62
Original post by StudentMania
No worries. What options did you pick for further maths?

Decision and mechanics
Update 2: 3 days till I go back

So I have just received my timetable and some more information about going back so I thought I would do a little update :redface:
Usually, at my college, your timetable wont change between Y12 and 13 because of how the timetabling works, but I have been moved Maths/Further Maths classes which means mine has - there are positives and negatives to this. First of all the positive is that my timetable is now much nicer - I get to start late on Monday and finish earlier on a Friday. On the other hand, the negative is that my old maths/further maths class has been split up - I loved that class, they were one of the main reasons I stayed at college and managed to get through the first year :biggrin: The new class I am in - I know no one, and everyone in that class has had the last year to be able to get to know each other, I am trying to go in with a positive mindset - I'll let you know how it goes!

Timetable:

Spoiler

Secondly, we have been updated about the split (one week on, one week off) timetable as part of out local council areas have come out of lockdown - they are currently planning to do the split timetable for the first 2 weeks, just to get people back in and used to the new changes and also in hope that the areas that are still in local lockdown, come out.

My revision over the past few days has been good, I plan to continue that this week. I have also managed to meet up with some friends over the weekend, since my area is out of the local lockdown (eventually!).

I'll update this probably again on Friday with how my first day back went (Thursday).

Pun/Joke time :woo:
What do sheep like to do in the summer?

Spoiler

Hope you all have a great week - best of luck to anyone starting school! :rave:

Tags (Y'all must be quackers)

Spoiler

I'm sorry about your maths class. I've got exactly the same classes as last year, but one of my form tutors as left to be a year 7 form tutor and I was sad about that cause she's really nice
Reply 64
Original post by jemima0103
I'm sorry about your maths class. I've got exactly the same classes as last year, but one of my form tutors as left to be a year 7 form tutor and I was sad about that cause she's really nice

Awww that’s a shame - I got a new forum tutor but I didn’t really like my old one, I guess everyone has good things and bad things with their timetables
Update 2: 3 days till I go back

So I have just received my timetable and some more information about going back so I thought I would do a little update :redface:
Usually, at my college, your timetable wont change between Y12 and 13 because of how the timetabling works, but I have been moved Maths/Further Maths classes which means mine has - there are positives and negatives to this. First of all the positive is that my timetable is now much nicer - I get to start late on Monday and finish earlier on a Friday. On the other hand, the negative is that my old maths/further maths class has been split up - I loved that class, they were one of the main reasons I stayed at college and managed to get through the first year :biggrin: The new class I am in - I know no one, and everyone in that class has had the last year to be able to get to know each other, I am trying to go in with a positive mindset - I'll let you know how it goes!

Timetable:

Spoiler

Secondly, we have been updated about the split (one week on, one week off) timetable as part of out local council areas have come out of lockdown - they are currently planning to do the split timetable for the first 2 weeks, just to get people back in and used to the new changes and also in hope that the areas that are still in local lockdown, come out.

My revision over the past few days has been good, I plan to continue that this week. I have also managed to meet up with some friends over the weekend, since my area is out of the local lockdown (eventually!).

I'll update this probably again on Friday with how my first day back went (Thursday).

Pun/Joke time :woo:
What do sheep like to do in the summer?

Spoiler

Hope you all have a great week - best of luck to anyone starting school! :rave:

Spoiler

aaw im so sorry that you've been split up from your friends :frown: i can't imagine how weird that must have felt -- hopefully this class is welcoming and you're so right to go in with a positive mindset!! late mondays sound very relaxing, i must say! loving the pun right here :") best of luck for this year!
Reply 66
Just a quick update (not tagging anyone)

I had my first day yesterday and it went well given all the circumstances- I will write up a full post on Sunday and Monday as I am currently away visiting family (with very little signal!) - hope you all have a great weekend and sorry if I haven’t replied to your gyg - I will do as soon as I get back! :biggrin:
Reply 67
Update #3: First day back

Helllooooooo :wavey: I hope you are all doing okay :hugs: I thought I would update you all on how my first day back went :smile: If you didn't see the post above - I have been away for the weekend visiting some of my dads side of the family, so it has been busy - full of lots of walking, so I am super tired now but I thought I would quickly pop onto TSR to update this GYG as well as reply to a few others :biggrin:

Anyway, my first day back went really nice, it was good to see people again (even if it wasn't my closest friends), it is so strange to be back, but I am very glad we are back - I just hope we can have a few more weeks back before ANOTHER lockdown (which IMO is looking very likely :eek3:). My college have put some very good systems in place such as: facemasks must be worn everywhere, except classrooms where they are optional), a one way system (which is super confusing) and hand sanitiser literally everywhere - so we all feel super safe :woo:

Obviously it was my first day back, so we didn't do much, but if you are interested here are my lesson breakdowns below:

Further Maths (Pure and applied)

Spoiler

Physics

Spoiler

Geography

Spoiler

So yeah, not the most intersting day/week work wise but it was good to be back :woo:

Some other interesting things that happened in my life this week:
-Leeds played their first match in the premier league for 16 years (the last time they played in it I was about 11 months old so it was nice to see this), although they lost they put up a very good fight so I am happy 💙💛
-I got to see a mate I haven't seen since primary school (they are in the year below and joined the college I am at) so that was nice :biggrin:
-I made some pizza, but ate it too quickly before I could take a photo (sorry :slap:)
-I will hopefully have my first official hockey training tomorrow night since covid happened :crossedf:

Pun/joke time :woo:
What is the most mathematical aspect of summer?

Spoiler

My next update will probably be next weekend - after my first full week back, but who knows I may update it before then :iiam:

Hope you all had a good weekend! :grouphugs:

Spoiler

Helllooooooo :wavey: I hope you are all doing okay :hugs: I thought I would update you all on how my first day back went :smile: If you didn't see the post above - I have been away for the weekend visiting some of my dads side of the family, so it has been busy - full of lots of walking, so I am super tired now but I thought I would quickly pop onto TSR to update this GYG as well as reply to a few others :biggrin:

Anyway, my first day back went really nice, it was good to see people again (even if it wasn't my closest friends), it is so strange to be back, but I am very glad we are back - I just hope we can have a few more weeks back before ANOTHER lockdown (which IMO is looking very likely :eek3:). My college have put some very good systems in place such as: facemasks must be worn everywhere, except classrooms where they are optional), a one way system (which is super confusing) and hand sanitiser literally everywhere - so we all feel super safe :woo:

Obviously it was my first day back, so we didn't do much, but if you are interested here are my lesson breakdowns below:

Spoiler

Physics

Spoiler

Geography

Spoiler

So yeah, not the most intersting day/week work wise but it was good to be back :woo:

-Leeds played their first match in the premier league for 16 years (the last time they played in it I was about 11 months old so it was nice to see this), although they lost they put up a very good fight so I am happy 💙💛
-I got to see a mate I haven't seen since primary school (they are in the year below and joined the college I am at) so that was nice :biggrin:
-I made some pizza, but ate it too quickly before I could take a photo (sorry :slap:)
-I will hopefully have my first official hockey training tomorrow night since covid happened :crossedf:

Spoiler

My next update will probably be next weekend - after my first full week back, but who knows I may update it before then :iiam:

Spoiler

nice week nonetheless - im doing physics too and its ok so far - plus hockey is nice too - have fun:dance:
hope you had a good weekend! and I'm sure you'll settle into your maths class as time goes on, but I'm sure it's kind of rough having to switch halfway through the course.
Haha i love that maths pun :rofl:
Reply 71
I bet it’s hard switching classes mid way through but I’m sure you’ll make new friends and get through it just fine :hugs:

Spoiler

Physics

Spoiler

Geography

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

love this update!! i'm so sorry that your new maths class is unsettling... i can't imagine how that must feel:frown: good luck with your nea! (i also loved that pun hahaha!!) sounds like your school is better than most on the safety front, do you think so? good luck this week!
Hehe love the maths joke :lol:
Kinda odd that they moved you into a bad offering class? Is that usual? :sad:
Hope you have an amazing week :lovehug:
the maths joke is too funny lol
ooo tag me
Reply 75
Original post by bookausten
love this update!! i'm so sorry that your new maths class is unsettling... i can't imagine how that must feel:frown: good luck with your nea! (i also loved that pun hahaha!!) sounds like your school is better than most on the safety front, do you think so? good luck this week!

Yes, they are definitely being safe, which is a bit annoying, but I guess if it saves someone from getting seriously ill it’s worth it :redface:
Original post by laurawatt
Hehe love the maths joke :lol:
Kinda odd that they moved you into a bad offering class? Is that usual? :sad:
Hope you have an amazing week :lovehug:

So it isn’t really unusual- they had 6 Further classes last year (its a big college), but due to the number of people that dropped it they had to split one class up so there’s only 5 classes now :/ I think it will be fine, will just take time to get used to :redface: Thank you and you too! :hugs:

Original post by xsowmix
the maths joke is too funny lol
ooo tag me

Thank you and will do :biggrin:
(edited 3 years ago)
So it isn’t really unusual- they had 6 Further classes last year (its a big college), but due to the number of people that dropped it they had to split one class up so there’s only 5 classes now :/ I think it will be fine, will just take time to get used to :redface: Thank you and you too! :hugs:

6 Further classes :headfire: (we only have 5 people in our year do Further :mmm:)

Ahh okay, just a shame that it was your class then! :cube:
Reply 77
Update #4: First week back

Hellloooo :wavey: , I hope you are all okay and are still safe and in school. I am currently at home due to the one week in, one week at home timetable. When I was in college, I felt safe, it was nice to see people again and receive actual face-to-face teaching. Just like the virus, the timetable at our college is constantly changing....I won't go into all the details as it is slightly confusing, but as of next week our college is starting a new timetable. We don't yet know when we are going to be in but the college have made 3 proposals 1. all students in every week, 2. the alphabet split that we are currently on and 3. A week on week off split but in year groups rather than alphabet. They all have their advantages and disadvantages, but I guess we'll just have to wait to find out which one we are going to use.

Spoiler

Physics

Spoiler

Geography

Spoiler

So, overall it was good to be back, it was nice to see some friends, but I can't wait to see everyone else :woo:

-Leeds WON:clap2: their first match in the premier league, it was definitely a tense match 💙💛
-I met up with a couple of friends who are in the other half of the year, which was nice :yep:
-I,once again, made some pizza, but ate it too quickly before I could take a photo (sorry :slap:)
-I had my first hockey training session of the season last week :biggrin:

Pun/joke time :woo: (*T&Cs apply)
I used to be addicted to hand sanitiser...

Spoiler

As you may have noticed I mentioned my predicted grades a couple of times, I will share these, but I am going to wait until I have received them all :iiam:

Spoiler

EDIT: Apologies if you were tagged twice or not tagged at all (when I was editing on the app half my post was removed so I have had to re do half of it including the tags :redface:)
(edited 3 years ago)

Hellloooo :wavey: , I hope you are all okay and are still safe and in school. I am currently at home due to the one week in, one week at home timetable. When I was in college, I felt safe, it was nice to see people again and receive actual face-to-face teaching. Just like the virus, the timetable at our college is constantly changing....I won't go into all the details as it is slightly confusing, but as of next week our college is starting a new timetable. We don't yet know when we are going to be in but the college have made 3 proposals 1. all students in every week, 2. the alphabet split that we are currently on and 3. A week on week off split but in year groups rather than alphabet. They all have their advantages and disadvantages, but I guess we'll just have to wait to find out which one we are going to use.

Spoiler

Physics

Spoiler

Geography

Spoiler

So, overall it was good to be back, it was nice to see some friends, but I can't wait to see everyone else :woo:

-Leeds WON:clap2: their first match in the premier league, it was definitely a tense match 💙💛
-I met up with a couple of friends who are in the other half of the year, which was nice :yep:
-I,once again, made some pizza, but ate it too quickly before I could take a photo (sorry :slap:)
-I had my first hockey training session of the season last week :biggrin:

Pun/joke time :woo: (*T&Cs apply)
I used to be addicted to hand sanitiser...

Spoiler

As you may have noticed I mentioned my predicted grades a couple of times, I will share these, but I am going to wait until I have received them all :iiam:

Spoiler

sounds like a great first day
oooh awesome! i'm glad it sounds like you're having fun! hope you're happy with your predicted grades!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending