The Student Room Group

can i get a gf??

I am 18 and next year i will be in uni. I never tried to date any girl in my school and planning to date someone once i get to university. But my friends are telling me that it will be hard for me to get into relationship when i get into uni. Their reason is that girls don't like short and childish type of guy like me. Now how much truth is that? Don't give me any false hope and try to tell me the truth. I recently saw many post in TSR, about guy getting rejected for being short. I don't want to get rejected by girls because of my height.

A little about me - I got olive skin, average looking face with childish vibe, 5'8 in height, not too skinny , nor too buffed.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Similar situation here tbh :frown:...
Original post by Anonymous
I am 18 and next year i will be in uni. I never tried to date any girl in my school and planning to date someone once i get to university. But my friends are telling me that it will be hard for me to get into relationship when i get into uni. Their reason is that girls don't like short and childish type of guy like me. Now how much truth is that? Don't give me any false hope and try to tell me the truth. I recently saw many post in TSR, about guy getting rejected for being short. I don't want to get rejected by girls because of my height.

A little about me - I got olive skin, average looking face with childish vibe, 5'8 in height, not too skinny , nor too buffed.

Thanks

well as youre taller than me i would date you

buutttt it depends on how childish you are
i cant do childish boyfriends
its ok to have fun but there is a line between when to get serious and when to have fun and be childish

Original post by Anonymous370
Similar situation here tbh :frown:...

read above
Original post by BlackkQueen12

its ok to have fun but there is a line between when to get serious and when to have fun and be childish

read above

Probably the most stupid thing I've heard anyone say.
Reply 4

read above

My behavior is not childish. I am like the most matured brain in my friend group. My facial appearance is childish. LOLL
sure
you'll meet loads of nice girls at uni
Reply 6
If you have to ask, the answer is no.
My behavior is not childish. I am like the most matured brain in my friend group. My facial appearance is childish. LOLL

lol then you should meet a lot of nice girls/women

but i seriously dont understand the height thing?? ig girls there really like super tall guys
Probably the most stupid thing I've heard anyone say.

:colonhash:

nice to know
thanks for the feedback babes
Reply 9
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
sure
you'll meet loads of nice girls at uni

i dont want to meet them, i want somone i can love and marry and live with for the rest of my life.

read above

I'm 5ft9, 24 y.o. here. I'm mature/serious kind actually, but by face look very young/like a student. Being single with this pandemic situation etc is harder than ever before:frown:...
lol then you should meet a lot of nice girls/women

but i seriously dont understand the height thing?? ig girls there really like super tall guys

Where are you from? i am talking about the situation in UK. And as much as my friends told me, yes girl do like guys over 6ft. But i never met or date any girls, so asking here to know how much truth is that.
Reply 12
You're 5'8, thats not short.
I'm 5ft9, 24 y.o. here. I'm mature/serious kind actually, but by face look very young/like a student. Being single with this pandemic situation etc is harder than ever before:frown:...

look at this guy. Will i be like him when i hit my 24? and i am even shorter than him so i guess my situation is much dire than him.

hm see youre actually about average height for a guy...at least from what i know

but yeah this pandemic has made it harder
i would say hang in there and youll find someone
dude, trust me your actly quite tall lmao and jus sayin, there are girls like me who are 5ft and so you'll be fiiiiiine XD
as for looking childish? honestly some girls are into that... *cough* totally not me.. *cough*
in any case, they'll aways be someone out there -i didnt think there would be n now ive found the perfect boyfriend so, im sure you'll be fine bro, good luck!
You will get more mature when you go to university just be yourself and talk with girls

Thanks

5'8 really isn't that bad. i see plenty of guys around that height with girlfriends.
Where are you from? i am talking about the situation in UK. And as much as my friends told me, yes girl do like guys over 6ft. But i never met or date any girls, so asking here to know how much truth is that.

awell as i am not from the UK that may be true....well honestly i think every where females what a 6ft above guy
and most of those females are selfish because they cant be a nickle looking for a dime

but me persoanlly, i am 5'3 and as long as youre taller than me, im perfectly fine
Original post by PonyWizzy
dude, trust me your actly quite tall lmao and jus sayin, there are girls like me who are 5ft and so you'll be fiiiiiine XD
as for looking childish? honestly some girls are into that... *cough* totally not me.. *cough*
in any case, they'll aways be someone out there -i didnt think there would be n now ive found the perfect boyfriend so, im sure you'll be fine bro, good luck!

hahahah shhhhh dont spill our beeaaannsss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending