The Student Room Group

Grouse shooting and hunting allowed under “the rule of six”

So as you know, no more than six people are allowed to meet today (except at work or school).

However, the cheeky tories have added exemptions for hunting and shooting:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12665742/grouse-shoots-hunting-exempt-coronavirus/

Good to see the tories have got their priorities right :rolleyes:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You linked The Sun? :lol:

Its an outdoor activity, people are not going to be as close together. Seems reasonable enough.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
You linked The Sun? :lol:

Its an outdoor activity, people are not going to be as close together. Seems reasonable enough.

Well it’s in the mirror too but if I posted that i’d be accused of leftie bias. Also, if it comes from the Sun, actual zealot backers of the tories, you know mr Murdoch must not be happy with the policy, right? :rolleyes:
(edited 3 years ago)
Are lute music gatherings allowed for Rees-Mogg?
Original post by Rufus the red
Are lute music gatherings allowed for Rees-Mogg?

Wtf is a lute?
;ute.jpeg
;ute.jpeg

That’s some archaic medieval **** haha! People still lay that shizzle?
Don’t worry, the government have 100% thought this one through.

81904DE8-3C84-4DE4-AA81-D28DA9BB0854.jpeg
The rule of 6 is an inherently stupid concept anyway and the government expecting people to act as professional snitches covid marshals in order to enforce it is even stupider.
Reply 9
Original post by boulderingislife
Well it’s in the mirror too but if I posted that i’d be accused of leftie bias. Also, if it comes from the Sun, actual zealot backers of the tories, you know mr Murdoch must not be happy with the policy, right? :rolleyes:

Use a real source.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/sep/14/hunting-in-england-exempt-from-rule-of-six-covid-19-restrictions
Original post by Admit-One

10/10 and rep for effort :beard:
That’s some archaic medieval **** haha! People still lay that shizzle?

No, Rees-Mogg does. :colone:
Original post by Iñigo de Loyola
The rule of 6 is an inherently stupid concept anyway and the government expecting people to act as professional snitches covid marshals in order to enforce it is even stupider.

Esp. When the chief of police says don’t report them. I also read somewhere fines won’t be issued. Total joke of a rule.
10/10 and rep for effort :beard:

It’s from Twitter so I can’t claim credit for making it, but I’ll take the rep for reposting :smile:
There are exemptions for all kinds of things including, support groups, licensed sports events, funerals, weddings, charities, coaching, protests and the list goes on.

Shooting is just a minor foot note that would be utterly illogical to ban and would devastate the shooting industry that is worth £2.5bn to the UK economy.
Reply 15
Original post by Admit-One

The real question is, where does Henley fall on this? :holmes:
No, Rees-Mogg does. :colone:

Do you mean Sixtus Boniface Dominic Christopher Rees-Mogg?
Original post by Napp
The real question is, where does Henley fall on this? :holmes:

In the same category as whatever king's birthday the posh ***** at Eton celebrate.
Original post by Iñigo de Loyola
Do you mean Sixtus Boniface Dominic Christopher Rees-Mogg?

Ikr!
Ikr!

As a Catholic, naming your child after the Papal name of a famously nepotistic Pope just to show off how posh you are is a bad idea.
If we all turn up in a field wearing tweed and carrying shotguns can we hold an outdoor rave?

Quick Reply

Latest