The Student Room Group

Question about contextual offer.

Hey, quick questions about contextual offers. Any advice is appreciated!

1) can btec students qualify for a contextual offer?
2) if I have already obtained there btec requirement can I ask them to reduce my gcse requirement?

Thanks for any help provided!
yes
no, you can't ask them to reduce their requirements - if you've already got the grades they either accept you or decline you
Reply 2
Original post by HoldThisL
yes
no, you can't ask them to reduce their requirements - if you've already got the grades they either accept you or decline you

For a course I’m interested in, I meet their btec requirement however I’m one grade of their gcse requirement. So they would decline me? Or would they give me a contextual offer reducing gcse requirement?

Thanks for your answer btw
Original post by S1M001
For a course I’m interested in, I meet their btec requirement however I’m one grade of their gcse requirement. So they would decline me? Or would they give me a contextual offer reducing gcse requirement?

Thanks for your answer btw

Contextual offers only normally apply to A levels (or equivalent) not to GCCEs.
Unis are normally strict about GCSE requirements but you should check with the Admissions team at the uni whether they would still consider your application
Original post by S1M001
Hey, quick questions about contextual offers. Any advice is appreciated!

1) can btec students qualify for a contextual offer?
2) if I have already obtained there btec requirement can I ask them to reduce my gcse requirement?

Thanks for any help provided!

1) Depends on the Uni. Bristol, as one example, doesnt. But may still target you for an offer as a contextual applicant.

2) GCSEs are about basic skills - thats why the most common requirements are Maths and English grades. No, they wont reduce this requirement - everyone needs the same basic skills. Retake the GCSE, and they will include that as a separate condition. Your last school may be willing to let you retake it there (ie. just to sit the exam).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending