The Student Room Group

2020 US Presidential Election thread - Joe Biden inaugurated at 5pm today

Scroll to see replies

The more I see of Joe, the more I am convinced he would make a really good tory MP in the UK. Everything about him and the way he presents himself, is so tory..

I'm enjoying the hardcore left tearing him appart at the moment. By hardcore left I don't mean far left, but the ones with integrity who may hate trump, but also hate biden and are pissed off at the democrats for letting this person be their representative, and won't suddenly pretend he's perfect just because of their desire to win/beat trump.

I serriously think that the majority of progressives are going to have a shock coming to them once trump is gone, and the blinkers come off, and they start to see who biden is.. Protests for defunding the police? Well biden has just promised to raise their funding... Protests for free healthcare? Nah, he won't do it if its to expensive he's said.. protests for cutting student debt? No promises there, but intead he's promised to increase military funding etc.

The thing is, I actually like some of what he is saying.. but that's because I'm generally quite a conservative leaning guy!

I know that there isn't another option in america, what's done is done, and its now him or trump, and if your on the left even Biden's centerist/center-right policies are still better than trump. But really, why did they not leran their lesson from 2016, and actually elect a real left-wing alternative to the republicans.

Maybe america just isn't quite ready for the type of politics that we consider left-wing over here yet. at least in the mainstream, and away from the protests/holywood.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-joe-rogan-experience-podcast-moderate-debates-b438422.html

Please let this happen... It would be the best thing in the whole election for me.

I'm not an avid Joe Rogan fan, but one thing he is good at is long uninterrupted conversations. A 3-4 hour talk directly between the two candidates, without an audience, and with a host who is willing to listen? Yes please.

If I had my way, this would be a feature of every election. Sit the two candidates down with a moderator and no audience for a really decent duration, and let them explain and justify and go at each other until each of them is fully revealed to the public.

It would make the normal debates look like the absolute shambles that they are, and be brilliant for the voting public (yes not many would watch the full thing, but clips would spread like wildfire afterwards through twitter and all of the news publications).

I can't imagine it happening though. Biden won't accept, and he is right to do so. He is winning, he doesn't need to take risks, and a 4 hour 1-1 conversation is a huge risk. Rogan has repeatedly criticized both candidates, but said he would vote for trump over bidden, so he's not exactly impartial, and his audiance in general swings much more towards trumps direction. Its a bit like Boris in the 2019 election - when your in the lead you have a bit more freedom to pick and choose your engagements, whereas the person chasing just needs every possible chance to try and turn things around.

Its a shame though - Bernie's interview with Rogan was great, and the comments were full of right-wing people who really resonated with what Bernie was saying. Same with Tulsi and Yang... I think its just natural that we build the opposition up into bogie men, but when you see an un-edited long conversation with them, you realise that they are just normal people with slightly diferent convictiosn to you, and its hard to hold such strong feelings about them.
Reply 82
Original post by Vikyd

Trumps holding huge rallys while Joe Biden is struggling to read from a teleprompter script.

Trump recently tweeted that would take part in a debate, moderated by Joe Rogan with Joe Biden..

We all know that isn't going to happen.

I find it amusing you accuse Biden of not being able to read when we've all heard Trumps inability to either read or speak English.
Original post by Napp
we've all heard Trumps inability to either read or speak English.

He's a wizard with charts though.

Reply 84
Almost as bad as the one where he was sat with MBS :lol:
Although i think Bibi takes the cake for dumbest on that :lol:
5f607c48323fc4001e0d62c8.jpeg
Trump's campaign puts out an ad talking about how they support the troops, but uses stock image of Russian aircraft, and a silhouette of a soldier appearing to use a Russian rifle...

And can't spell 'committee'.
Original post by fallen_acorns
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-joe-rogan-experience-podcast-moderate-debates-b438422.html

Please let this happen... It would be the best thing in the whole election for me.

I'm not an avid Joe Rogan fan, but one thing he is good at is long uninterrupted conversations. A 3-4 hour talk directly between the two candidates, without an audience, and with a host who is willing to listen? Yes please.

If I had my way, this would be a feature of every election. Sit the two candidates down with a moderator and no audience for a really decent duration, and let them explain and justify and go at each other until each of them is fully revealed to the public.

None of the debates will have an audience anyway, because of social distancing requirements.
Original post by anarchism101
None of the debates will have an audience anyway, because of social distancing requirements.

That will definitely be an improvement then. I hope they also actually give the candidates time to answer and engage with each other.
That will definitely be an improvement then. I hope they also actually give the candidates time to answer and engage with each other.

Biden's PR was on Fox yesterday repeatedly refusing to deny they were using a teleprompter for Joe to answer prearranged questions in interviews
Original post by Trump Will Win
Democrats will lose, they wont concede to defeat and we may see a colour revolution try and take place..

Now they're saying this is a crazy lunatic conspiracy by Trump supporters.. but did you not see siege the White House? or that if Trump wins, Biden wont concede defeat? we already see how they justify murdering Trump supporters. Nearly 63 million people voted for Trump. You're saying these people deserve death?

Prior to covid19, things weren't going that bad in the US. Trumps worked hard to try and restore and bring back jobs to the US, more than any President has. He's the only one who has been tough on China from day 1, while most Western leaders kiss China's ass.

I see your name on tsr as Trump will win.
Original post by caravaggio2
Biden's PR was on Fox yesterday repeatedly refusing to deny they were using a teleprompter for Joe to answer prearranged questions in interviews

it wouldn't surprise me given the amount of videos I've seen of him struggling in encounters with normal voters.
It's honestly shocking the amount of videos that have come out showing how senile and disrespectful Biden is to the electorate.
Original post by Maulrus
It's honestly shocking the amount of videos that have come out showing how senile and disrespectful Biden is to the electorate.

hes getting away with it though because for every video of him making mistakes, there is one of trump saying something stupid without making any mistake.

This election is basically choosing between someone who fully understands and believes the stupid things he is saying, or someone who says stupid things because hes declined to the point where he can't manage to say the correct version.
hes getting away with it though because for every video of him making mistakes, there is one of trump saying something stupid without making any mistake.

This election is basically choosing between someone who fully understands and believes the stupid things he is saying, or someone who says stupid things because hes declined to the point where he can't manage to say the correct version.

I disagree, at least Trump is mentally competent. Though I do agree that these two are certainly not the best options for President.

Out of 328 million people you'd think there would be one smart enough to get elected and not hated at the same time.
Original post by TeamIsrael
50+ years in politics 8 years as vice president.. past his sell by date.

Best gaffe

He's clearly saying "be".
Original post by Maulrus
I disagree, at least Trump is mentally competent.

Is that a joke?
Reply 96
Original post by Maulrus
I disagree, at least Trump is mentally competent. Though I do agree that these two are certainly not the best options for President.

Out of 328 million people you'd think there would be one smart enough to get elected and not hated at the same time.

Ahahaha nice joke.
Reply 97
Interesting interview with Bob Woodward on CNN right now regarding his interviews with Trump.

"I don't think [Trump] has it in his head what's real and what's not."

Pretty much sums it up. I think it's gotten to the point where the Dear Leader has told so many lies, pushed so many conspiracy theories that he's lost touch with reality.
Reply 98
^

[video="youtube;kVAZDuEbQ5s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAZDuEbQ5s[/video]
Has anyone ever read an article that supports President Trump?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending