The Student Room Group

Help with house leader election!!

Hi guys
So I'm running for my school house leader and I'm asked to give some ideas for our house system. I am pretty passionate about the whole thing and do want to help, but tbh I don't really have any actual ideas. I mean, this is my first year here and I'd never been in a "house" before (I'm an international student), so what I can see is our school is doing a pretty good job and the current house system is doing just fine.
So if anyone can help me with any ideas I would very much appreciate:smile:
Thanks guys
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys
So I'm running for my school house leader and I'm asked to give some ideas for our house system. I am pretty passionate about the whole thing and do want to help, but tbh I don't really have any actual ideas. I mean, this is my first year here and I'd never been in a "house" before (I'm an international student), so what I can see is our school is doing a pretty good job and the current house system is doing just fine.
Thanks guys

Hi, it kind of depends on your school, do you have any problems with bullying, is there a good range of food types on offer for those who are vegan or have different dietary requirements, is there fresh water fountains around, is all areas of the school accessable for people with disabilities, are there healthy vending machines?

I'm not too familiar with the house system so apologies if the above is relevant at all! If you search on TSR for House statement I think there was a few threads similar to this where you can get some more ideas! Good luck!
Reply 2
Hi there
Thank you so much for you advice! I’d never really thought about things like food or disabilities. And I’ll look it up now. Thanks again. It really helps a lot:smile:
Hi guys
Thanks guys

perhaps you could ask around the school what ideas people would like to see, then say "I listened to these ideas from ___ and ___", they like to hear that you are being a voice for the students I think :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by nursingstudentuk
perhaps you could ask around the school what ideas people would like to see, then say "I listened to these ideas from ___ and ___", they like to hear that you are being a voice for the students I think :biggrin:

Ohhhh that’s soooo clever! We are in exam season now so I don’t get to see everyone, but I’ll definitely ask my friends. Thanks a lot!:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Abzzz57
Hi, it kind of depends on your school, do you have any problems with bullying, is there a good range of food types on offer for those who are vegan or have different dietary requirements, is there fresh water fountains around, is all areas of the school accessable for people with disabilities, are there healthy vending machines?

I'm not too familiar with the house system so apologies if the above is relevant at all! If you search on TSR for House statement I think there was a few threads similar to this where you can get some more ideas! Good luck!

Hi there
Thank you so much for you advice! I’d never really thought about things like food or disabilities. And I’ll look it up now. Thanks again. It really helps a lot:smile:
Reply 6
Hi there

No problem :smile: I hope it works out!

Quick Reply

Latest