Girl I have a crush on is moving away for uni

Watch
username4761586
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey, so I’ve been talking to this girl who lives in the city I’ve moved to for uni (I’m a 2nd year) and she’s amazing, we get along and talk nonstop daily. Only issue is, she’s moving to uni but funnily enough to the city I come from. I don’t know whether there’s any point telling her how I feel as she moves at the end of this week, or whether I should just leave it. Any advice?
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tell her.
royalty1702
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
go for it, I am rooting for you!
username4761586
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by gtty123)
Tell her.
My biggest worry is that, I don’t wanna ruin things between us because it feels like it’s probably an obvious no due to her going to a different uni, but maybe it’s not an obvious no and I’m overthinking.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
i say don't tell her lol there's literally no point. She's leaving to go uni and live her best life and there's really no need to put her in a weird position. What i mean by that is lets say you tell her and you start dating - long distance relationships rarely work and especially at uni. Or she doesn't feel the same and you ruin the friendship... your friendship's more valuable than the fantasy of something more
LaPregunta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zeroraam)
Hey, so I’ve been talking to this girl who lives in the city I’ve moved to for uni (I’m a 2nd year) and she’s amazing, we get along and talk nonstop daily. Only issue is, she’s moving to uni but funnily enough to the city I come from. I don’t know whether there’s any point telling her how I feel as she moves at the end of this week, or whether I should just leave it. Any advice?
Physical distance usually causes some, er, "emotional distance" between a two. If situation were mine, I'd confess my love. Weighin the "pro's and con's" it seems distance from my tellin her outweighs a slow decline in the relationships because of the physical distance; for at least I told what should otherwise never be uttered continuing my admiration in silence. Yes— I'll have that bag of sugar!
Bagarigak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
OP, just go with your gut instinct.

It's good to be honest with yourself. Clearly, you don't want this to just be a friendship between you two.

Yes, there is a risk that you might lose your friendship if you did tell her your true feelings. However, it is a risk worth taking because you may also regret not telling her. Also, you may not move on from the fact that you wanted to be in a relationship with her.

It is a bit awkward but since you have spent so much time with her, it should be a bit easier.

If the relationship doesn't work out, you will at least be comforted by the fact that you tried.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You know the friendship better than we do. Do you think a long distance relationship between the two of you would work out? You seem hesitant.

Id say go for it, if she says yes and its meant to work out it will last the distance.
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zeroraam)
My biggest worry is that, I don’t wanna ruin things between us because it feels like it’s probably an obvious no due to her going to a different uni, but maybe it’s not an obvious no and I’m overthinking.
Realistically, you won't know until you try.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Trust your instincts on this one. There would be an opportunity to help her settle in and keep things going because it’s your home town
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (145)
14.4%
I'm not sure (42)
4.17%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (302)
29.99%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.86%

Watched Threads