Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Watch
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
In the ever changing situation we live in at the moment, it is difficult to know what may happen when you get to University.

How has you Universities communication been? Have you been told of any last minute changes to what you were expecting?

Maybe your Freshers week activities have changed to virtual ones, you have less or more face to face teaching or you have been given differing guidance on your accommodation.

What do you think about the difficult situation both universities and students alike both find themselves in?

Let us know your thoughts!
LordHaywood
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
In the ever changing situation we live in at the moment, it is difficult to know what may happen when you get to University.

How has you Universities communication been? Have you been told of any last minute changes to what you were expecting?

Maybe your Freshers week activities have changed to virtual ones, you have less or more face to face teaching or you have been given differing guidance on your accommodation.

What do you think about the difficult situation both universities and students alike both find themselves in?

Let us know your thoughts!
Strange times indeed. My university has been constantly saying that we will be receiving our learning in a "blended" way, online + in-person so as a result paid my private accommodation on the 2nd, now they are doing everything online. It seems strange that universities are still pushing for students private and on-campus to come from all over to just watch everything in their rooms, (what they can do from home, which I’m doing.) Note I am aware of the student life, and how some feel that is what you pay the accommodation for but for some like myself that’s not the case. Why does the university still state their blended method when behind the scenes they are doing it online.

I find it strange how no-one is talking about it, no-where. Is it just me, who’s noticing this.

With COVID going on I know that, this year will be like no other, but the stance that university’s are unnecessary asking students to come to campus, except from profit, but it’s more about safety at the moment.

With the lack of advice from schools, mostly contradicting the universities advice. It seems to be a topic (need of accommodation) that was laughed by uni heads at under 2 months ago. Might as well bet my uni accommodation money on red if I need it or not!
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Its obvious what the University strategy was. They wanted to minimise the amount of students deferring or interrupting the year so that finances were not hit. Its an utter disgrace how they have tried to spin it as a mix of blended. I had 1 hour (50 minutes really) of a seminar last week out of all my modules. This week they've changed it to all online. 9 grand a year for an online degree, no societal events or access to facilities on campus. This is one of the biggest scams they've managed to pull off.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (91)
28.26%
No - I have already returned home (43)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (61)
18.94%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.94%
No - I live at home during term anyway (95)
29.5%

Watched Threads