The Student Room Group

Pqip applicants 9b 2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey. How did your assessment go?! I have mine next week and wondering what your experience was like?
Reply 21
Hi Guys I applied for Midlands, I didnt heard anything back just yet but, I'm hoping it would be a very good outcome so if the ones who had already their acessment center could help me or anyone who is waiting for it. Please tell us about everything if you could, would be very appreciated. Thank you 🙂Congratulations who had heard back and passed the acessment center 💐🎉
Reply 22
Hi Guys I applied for Midlands, I didnt heard anything back just yet but, I'm hoping it would be a very good outcome so if the ones who had already their acessment center could help me or anyone who is waiting for it. Please tell us about everything if you could, would be very appreciated. Thank you 🙂
Congratulations who had heard back and passed the acessment center
💐🎉
Original post by Abby_Kemps
Yes maybe asked not to say anything after assessment. Mine is tomorrow, is yours? Best of luck to you :smile:

Oh how did it go? Mine's in Wednesday the 9th and the anxiety kevels are rising now 😁
Original post by Albush
Hi Guys I applied for Midlands, I didnt heard anything back just yet but, I'm hoping it would be a very good outcome so if the ones who had already their acessment center could help me or anyone who is waiting for it. Please tell us about everything if you could, would be very appreciated. Thank you 🙂
Congratulations who had heard back and passed the acessment center
💐🎉

Hi, I passed the assessment stage a couple of weeks ago. I imagine people are not responding because it feels fairer if everyone goes in 'blind' so to speak. Tbh passing assessment does not guarantee an offer, it depends on your score so it's unlikely candidates will want to disadvantage themselves by providing info about the process to others. I wish you the best of luck though!
Hi, I was in the 9B intake too!
I applied for Durham but put other options as York/North Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
I got told 3 weeks ago that I had been unsuccessful but got a phone call yesterday to say I was successful!
Has anyone else had this issue? I’m so confused as to why they’d say unsuccessful and 3 weeks later say I was successful!
Thanks in advance
Original post by Chlolouisex
I applied for Durham but put other options as York/North Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
I got told 3 weeks ago that I had been unsuccessful but got a phone call yesterday to say I was successful!
Has anyone else had this issue? I’m so confused as to why they’d say unsuccessful and 3 weeks later say I was successful!
Thanks in advance

The exact same thing happened to me! I’m intake 9B. Someone called and read a statement stating that it was an administrative error? I was gutted to hear I hadn’t got through, so it was a welcome surprise to receive the phone call. I’ve now had a provisional offer though, thankfully. I didn’t trust it until I got it in writing! Xx
Original post by S-xoxoxo
The exact same thing happened to me! I’m intake 9B. Someone called and read a statement stating that it was an administrative error? I was gutted to hear I hadn’t got through, so it was a welcome surprise to receive the phone call. I’ve now had a provisional offer though, thankfully. I didn’t trust it until I got it in writing! Xx

Yes that happened to me! I was gutted when I was unsuccessful but then got a new job so I kinda just accepted it wasn’t meant to be. Then I got the phone call Monday and was like whaaaat! Then I kept looking for the email which didn’t come Through that day so I thought it was a prank haha then it came through the next day!

I’m just filling the pre employment checks in now!

How exciting, congratulations!! Where did you apply for?
Yes that happened to me! I was gutted when I was unsuccessful but then got a new job so I kinda just accepted it wasn’t meant to be. Then I got the phone call Monday and was like whaaaat! Then I kept looking for the email which didn’t come Through that day so I thought it was a prank haha then it came through the next day!

I’m just filling the pre employment checks in now!

How exciting, congratulations!! Where did you apply for?

Yeah I’ve just submitted my pre-employment checks. Do you know if they contact our employers straight away? As I obviously haven’t made my current employers aware yet, and I won’t be doing so until my location is confirm and I have the contract. I applied for South East/Eastern, what about you?
Congrats to you too! Xx
(edited 3 years ago)
Yeah I’ve just submitted my pre-employment checks. Do you know if they contact our employers straight away? As I obviously haven’t made my current employers aware yet, and I won’t be doing so until my location is confirm and I have the contract. I applied for South East/Eastern, what about you?
Congrats to you too! Xx

That’s what I’m worrying about because I don’t want to tell my current employer until I know I’ve been offered somewhere incase I don’t get in the January intake!
I will let you know if I find out.
I applied for Durham / North East. Xx
Reply 30
Has anyone else had this issue? I’m so confused as to why they’d say unsuccessful anhi the same d 3 weeks later say I was successful!
Thanks in advance

Same thing happened to me. Got a phone call today. I'm over the moon. Congrats everyone
Original post by Fibooth
Same thing happened to me. Got a phone call today. I'm over the moon. Congrats everyone

Congratulations! What area are you in? X
That’s what I’m worrying about because I don’t want to tell my current employer until I know I’ve been offered somewhere incase I don’t get in the January intake!
I will let you know if I find out.
I applied for Durham / North East. Xx

Thank you! Ditto, I’ll update as soon as I hear anything :smile: xx
Thank you! Ditto, I’ll update as soon as I hear anything :smile: xx

Hi,

I phoned the recruitment line and they said to put your current employer down however in the additional information part you can request them not to contact your current employer at this time! Hopefully this works!! Haha x
Hi,

I phoned the recruitment line and they said to put your current employer down however in the additional information part you can request them not to contact your current employer at this time! Hopefully this works!! Haha x

Hey,

Honestly, I swear they tell people different things. I spoke to someone this morning who said they no longer contact employers direct but go straight to HMRC. The only time they’ll contact your employer directly is if the dates you put on the form don’t match up to HMRC records, and even then, they will only speak to the HR department and not your manager etc.

Either way, our managers won’t be made aware until we decide to hand in our notice! Xx
Hello I am new in this forum and I am a Prison Officer
I have applied to be a PSO PQiP a week ago for Midlands and I am waiting for the results
They said it is maximum 15 days but does someone has an average of days that they get back to you with the results
Reply 36
I heard the results 3 working days after the Assessment Centre
Original post by Brock12
I heard the results 3 working days after the Assessment Centre

unfortunately it is near 10 days but today my status changed to currently being updated which is the first time my status changed to this
Your application is currently being updated, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process
Your application is currently being updated, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process
Reply 38
Original post by koukouras
Hello I am new in this forum and I am a Prison Officer
I have applied to be a PSO PQiP a week ago for Midlands and I am waiting for the results
They said it is maximum 15 days but does someone has an average of days that they get back to you with the results

Hey, I applied for intake 9B Midlands and found out today that I was successful at the assessment centre. My assessment day was the 10th.
Reply 39
Hey, i applied for the 9B london intake i had my assessment centre on the 8th and I haven’t heard back yet so i feel like it varies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending