The Student Room Group

ACA qualification

If you do the ACA and become a chartered accountant can you go into other areas of finance or are you set as an accountant for life?
Reply 1
Original post by m.s124
If you do the ACA and become a chartered accountant can you go into other areas of finance or are you set as an accountant for life?

you can definitely go to other areas of finance after qualifying as an ACA.
Hi @m.s124,

Thank you for your question - the ACA can take you anywhere you want to go.

Not only does it provide you with the technical knowledge needed to become an ICAEW Chartered Accountant, but it also provides you with other crucial employability skills that you can take with you wherever you go.

Feel free to check out the variety of finance opportunities that are available from Approved Training Employers on our ICAEW Training Vacancies platform.

Good luck with the next step in your career journey.

Best wishes,
ICAEW
Reply 3
Original post by RaviKiran30
you can definitely go to other areas of finance after qualifying as an ACA.

Any areas of finance?
Reply 4
Original post by m.s124
Any areas of finance?

Yes, it opens up a good amount of opportunities in different sectors/areas of finance.
Original post by m.s124
Any areas of finance?

You have a poor understanding what a company accountant does, If you can't read a balance sheet then you won't get far.
Reply 6
Original post by AlphaZeta
You have a poor understanding what a company accountant does, If you can't read a balance sheet then you won't get far.

Yh Im dont know much about what an accountant does because im not an accountant
but Im learning and I just wanted to get a better understanding of where the ACA can take me... which I have a better understanding of now
Original post by m.s124
Yh Im dont know much about what an accountant does because im not an accountant
but Im learning and I just wanted to get a better understanding of where the ACA can take me... which I have a better understanding of now

The rep needs to a better job, read here https://careers.icaew.com/how-to-become-a-chartered-accountant/aca-modules

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending