The Student Room Group

Tired after school

I’m in Year 11 and whenever I come home I’m so unmotivated and tired that I can’t be bothered to work, but it’s bothering me that I can’t revise . Can someone help or is anyone feeling the same?
Reply 1
i’m in y12 now and ik how it feels!! remember its ok to to take breaks and re adjust to school. and u don’t have to revise til ages yet. i worked smart not long and got all 9s so DO NOT WORRY. try and get all ur hwk done in the week and maybe revise at the weekend? or work out some kind of system. try to just do bits during the week and then build it up. perhaps focus on making revision resources during the week so when ur fresh at the weekend u can learn or go through them? hope this helps! also tru ur best to get a good frw hours of sleep it does help lol
Reply 2
Thanks for the advice it really helped, I definitely gonna do what you said about doing some in the week and more at the weekend, also is there like a revision method or anything that helped you, like flash cards or voice notes while your travelling. ANYTHING would help. On that note congrats on getting all 9s that amazing I hope it all goes well in year 12 :smile:
i couldn't do work as soon as i got home, i usually relaxed for a bit before starting work so don't worry too much. sometimes you just have to force yourself to work though. past papers and flashcards i found to be my most useful revision methods. make sure you make notes as you go along.
Reply 4
Thanks for the advice, best of luck
Original post by Anniemo004
Thanks for the advice, best of luck

no worries, good luck:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Anniemo004
Thanks for the advice it really helped, I definitely gonna do what you said about doing some in the week and more at the weekend, also is there like a revision method or anything that helped you, like flash cards or voice notes while your travelling. ANYTHING would help. On that note congrats on getting all 9s that amazing I hope it all goes well in year 12 :smile:

i live around an hour away from school, so i have a long journey. usually i chilled out and chatted w friends and stuff, but if u feel like u can, then i deffo reccomend doing vocab for languages. like quizlet etc, its fairly low brain power too! there’s also good podcasts on spotify for english notes (for your different books and plays) if u like that

Quick Reply

Latest