The Student Room Group

how to flirt with my crush (16)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for the response :biggrin:
I haven't texted him yet but I'll keep that in mind - sounds like a good idea!
And yea I might casually ask him out maybeee if I feel like he'll say yes. We'll see <3

Good luck!
Nice one you can ask him if he would like to go for a walk in the park and you both can talk about stuff you must ask him out not just maybeee you have a very strong mind l can tell by the way you say your words l read between the lines lol he will say yes to you l am a guy we want to be asked out from a girl as well you cant feel if he will say yes or no so please ask him out send him a text around 6pm tonight after dinner just say you would like to see him and to talk about something with him just go for it then you will have nothing to regret l bet he is thinking about you when he is out and about and at home lol l wish you the best of Luck
Aww I know I thought the same thing but here I am lmaoo
Just tell me what you like about him?? (No pressure tho)
Yea we sit really close so we can kinda talk in class when the teacher goes to print stuff off or whatever :smile:

ahh it's so weird bc I can't really pinpoint what I like haha he's just really nice?! ugh I wish we could PM cos if I say anything else about why it'll be a bit bait :biggrin: yeah we sit next to each other too so it's cool :smile:
how was your day at school, are you enjoying sixth form so far? x
Original post by Vanessa Peace
Firstly, it is true when you have no topic to text about and when you over text. Don't take to long to respond or he will think you have better things to do the to text him and don't respond immediately or he'll think you desperate or find it annoying cause he can't only text u.

Okayy thank u :smile:
I might text him boring stuff about school lol
Original post by Majafaja
Good luck!

thx :redface:
Original post by Scottishlad888
Nice one you can ask him if he would like to go for a walk in the park and you both can talk about stuff you must ask him out not just maybeee you have a very strong mind l can tell by the way you say your words l read between the lines lol he will say yes to you l am a guy we want to be asked out from a girl as well you cant feel if he will say yes or no so please ask him out send him a text around 6pm tonight after dinner just say you would like to see him and to talk about something with him just go for it then you will have nothing to regret l bet he is thinking about you when he is out and about and at home lol l wish you the best of Luck

Aw that's so sweet of you:wink: Thanks for giving me the confidence I seriously need! And a guy's perspective is really helpful :biggrin:
idk if i'll ask to walk in the park because there isn't one nearby... but maybe to grab coffee or sth!
ahh it's so weird bc I can't really pinpoint what I like haha he's just really nice?! ugh I wish we could PM cos if I say anything else about why it'll be a bit bait :biggrin: yeah we sit next to each other too so it's cool :smile:
how was your day at school, are you enjoying sixth form so far? x

Hahaha i'm glad ur crush is nice to u :biggrin: Yea shame we can't pm cos we're both anonymous lmaoo
My day was acc quite fun, got to talk to my crush a bit at break :smile: There was a test tho...
A good way is to give a lot of eye contact, complimenting is a really good thing to do, asking questions about what he likes and his life, and just show your interested by spending time with him when possible, its best if he texts you first unless hes asked you to text him or you feel comfortable/ok in your friendship with texting him first. If a guy is interested the first steps are that they will normally get your number, want to spend breaks with you and sit next to you in class. (He will probably already be wondering why a girl is wanting to get close to him, so he will be aware of your behaviour and questioning your intentions i think) I think the best way to handle it would to be show interest in him (flirt) and make sure to build a friendship as well. theres no rush. If hes interested he will ask you out eventually(when a holiday break is close he might be wondering when he will get to see you next and might ask to see you during the holiday. this isnt guaranteed though), I think there is nothing wrong with a girl asking a guy out if she feels its the right thing to do. I managed to get asked out at college after about 4 weeks of building a friendship and flirting towards the guy.
Best of luck :smile:
A good way is to give a lot of eye contact, complimenting is a really good thing to do, asking questions about what he likes and his life, and just show your interested by spending time with him when possible, its best if he texts you first unless hes asked you to text him or you feel comfortable/ok in your friendship with texting him first. If a guy is interested the first steps are that they will normally get your number, want to spend breaks with you and sit next to you in class. (He will probably already be wondering why a girl is wanting to get close to him, so he will be aware of your behaviour and questioning your intentions i think) I think the best way to handle it would to be show interest in him (flirt) and make sure to build a friendship as well. theres no rush. If hes interested he will ask you out eventually(when a holiday break is close he might be wondering when he will get to see you next and might ask to see you during the holiday. this isnt guaranteed though), I think there is nothing wrong with a girl asking a guy out if she feels its the right thing to do. I managed to get asked out at college after about 4 weeks of building a friendship and flirting towards the guy.
Best of luck :smile:

Omg that's really helpful thank you :smile:
Yes I don't wanna rush things... and your story is really encouraging!
Do you mind if I ask you in more detail how it happened? How did you meet him, what did u do in terms of flirting etc, if that's ok with you <3
Hahaha i'm glad ur crush is nice to u :biggrin: Yea shame we can't pm cos we're both anonymous lmaoo
My day was acc quite fun, got to talk to my crush a bit at break :smile: There was a test tho...

haha but yours is nice too right? oh & if you don't mind me asking what did you guys talk about lol :colondollar: I have no idea how to initiate conversation haha
& did you have a maths test? funnn... :tongue:
haha but yours is nice too right? oh & if you don't mind me asking what did you guys talk about lol :colondollar: I have no idea how to initiate conversation haha
& did you have a maths test? funnn... :tongue:

oh god don't even mention the maths test lmaoo
But yea my crush is nice too! I wouldn't like him if he wasn't :smile:
He smiles at me every time I look at him and my heart always skips a beat!!
I have no idea how to start casual conversations either, I'm asking around for any advice tho :biggrin:
today we just talked about what we did in the lesson and whether apple watches are worth it haha
Omg that's really helpful thank you :smile:
Yes I don't wanna rush things... and your story is really encouraging!
Do you mind if I ask you in more detail how it happened? How did you meet him, what did u do in terms of flirting etc, if that's ok with you <3

Glad I could help :smile:
I was in the same physics class which i had 3 times a week so not a lot of time to see him (think it was on a tuesday and wednesday), I was sat on the opposite side of the room when i first saw him and after some stressing i went for it and the next day i sat next to him, i introduced myself and just tried to ask about him and start light conversation (he was very quiet and didnt have a lot of friends so he was happy i was talking to him), i would compliment him a lot which i think is what gave me away the most (ones like"i really like spending time with you, you look great today, i like you hair, you have a really nice smile"), one day(after about a week) i asked him for directions in the college and he offered to show me and after that we started hanging out every break time and then after a small holiday when we went back to college he asked for my number and said he wanted to ask for it before the holiday and was upset that he hadnt as he would of asked me to go see a movie, then after about 2 week he asked me if i had a boyfriend and that he could be if i wanted him to. in that moment i freaked out and was like no i dont have one, lets just get to know each other some more for now. which really annoyed me later on that i did that so the next time i saw him i asked him out and we started dating. . I would always find out questions online and slip them into our conversations and how to compliment subtly online, it was kind of like a tactical operation xD i really enjoyed spending time with him but unfortunately it didnt last as we lived too far apart and he was quite lazy in putting in effort so it felt more like only a relationship for 2 days and the rest of the week no phone calls or texts or meeting each other. My friend found her current boyfriend at college, and he didnt know she liked him for months until she asked him out.
When you just want to make small talk some good things you can say are "how are you, hows your day, got any plans later, did you do anything on the weekend". talk about the teacher, the work, anything around you that you see or feel (your observation of things or maybe his opinion on the things around him) e.g "its really noisy in here(maybe if it reminds you of something you can add that)" or "your outfits really nice,where do you shop at?".
also if he tells you about something he likes then maybe ask about that, for example if he likes football you could say "do you think you'd like to do that as a job, do you play in a team, when did you start". or if he has homework "did you finish it. could you help me." you could also slips compliments in about what hes doing.
Glad I could help :smile:
I was in the same physics class which i had 3 times a week so not a lot of time to see him (think it was on a tuesday and wednesday), I was sat on the opposite side of the room when i first saw him and after some stressing i went for it and the next day i sat next to him, i introduced myself and just tried to ask about him and start light conversation (he was very quiet and didnt have a lot of friends so he was happy i was talking to him), i would compliment him a lot which i think is what gave me away the most (ones like"i really like spending time with you, you look great today, i like you hair, you have a really nice smile"), one day(after about a week) i asked him for directions in the college and he offered to show me and after that we started hanging out every break time and then after a small holiday when we went back to college he asked for my number and said he wanted to ask for it before the holiday and was upset that he hadnt as he would of asked me to go see a movie, then after about 2 week he asked me if i had a boyfriend and that he could be if i wanted him to. in that moment i freaked out and was like no i dont have one, lets just get to know each other some more for now. which really annoyed me later on that i did that so the next time i saw him i asked him out and we started dating. . I would always find out questions online and slip them into our conversations and how to compliment subtly online, it was kind of like a tactical operation xD i really enjoyed spending time with him but unfortunately it didnt last as we lived too far apart and he was quite lazy in putting in effort so it felt more like only a relationship for 2 days and the rest of the week no phone calls or texts or meeting each other. My friend found her current boyfriend at college, and he didnt know she liked him for months until she asked him out.

Woah I acc enjoyed reading this! thank you so much :smile::smile:
I'm sorry your relationship didn't last long... but sounds like you had an amazing experience <3
I've been too embarrassed to say stuff like "you look nice today" because i felt like that's too obvious that I like him...
But hearing about your friend who spent months, I think I might actually start flirting more obviously!
Anyways, it's nice to know some girls ask guys out, like your friend :redface:
When you just want to make small talk some good things you can say are "how are you, hows your day, got any plans later, did you do anything on the weekend". talk about the teacher, the work, anything around you that you see or feel (your observation of things or maybe his opinion on the things around him) e.g "its really noisy in here(maybe if it reminds you of something you can add that)" or "your outfits really nice,where do you shop at?".
also if he tells you about something he likes then maybe ask about that, for example if he likes football you could say "do you think you'd like to do that as a job, do you play in a team, when did you start". or if he has homework "did you finish it. could you help me." you could also slips compliments in about what hes doing.

this is honestly so helpful as well :biggrin: thank u god bless xo
Woah I acc enjoyed reading this! thank you so much :smile::smile:
I'm sorry your relationship didn't last long... but sounds like you had an amazing experience <3
I've been too embarrassed to say stuff like "you look nice today" because i felt like that's too obvious that I like him...
But hearing about your friend who spent months, I think I might actually start flirting more obviously!
Anyways, it's nice to know some girls ask guys out, like your friend :redface:

It was a good experience whilst it last and I'm happy you could find my experience helpful.
I really hope it works out for you and I'm sure it will :smile: god bless you too x
oh god don't even mention the maths test lmaoo
But yea my crush is nice too! I wouldn't like him if he wasn't :smile:
He smiles at me every time I look at him and my heart always skips a beat!!
I have no idea how to start casual conversations either, I'm asking around for any advice tho :biggrin:
today we just talked about what we did in the lesson and whether apple watches are worth it haha

ahh that's cute lol I think he likes you :biggrin:
Ok, as a guy who's been through this phase I can advise you on how to play this. The main thing is to NEVER ask a guy out. So don't ask him out for lunch, let him do that. This is mostly because of loss of reputation and self-esteem if you get rejected. But since our society doesn't really like women doing what they feel like all that much, you also might gain a bad reputation, even though there isn't anything you did wrong. If the guy doesn't ask you out, he either doesn't like you, or isn't man enough to do so (in which case, ignore someone who can't even do basic stuff like that, have some self-respect). Don't worry about touching your hair or any of that stuff. Us guys are pretty unsophisticated creatures, so we really only notice skin quality, hair, eyes, jewellery, bumps, and nails. Don't do anything weird with the nails. A tactic that worked on me was when women smiled at me or opened their mouths when I talked, and because we mimic the movements of those we like, I repeated what they did. Never run up to him and be his little pet, the trick women should use is to bait the guy. Do this by looking at him once or twice during class (obviously discretely and there is an art to that as well which I can't help you with). At this point you should have cut through to the emotional part of a man's brain, which is about as easy to cut through as a hot knife through butter when done well. It's very important to remember that we like things that we can't get straight away. For example, would you be as attracted to this guy if he was begging for you? The more you confuse him with your possible flirtations, the more you play with him and keep you on his mind. You could just be practising, or you could be serious as far as he knows. Remember, us guys need girls for that special hugging position, y'know. Guys will try to convince you that they don't, but they DO. Try to keep control of the pace of the relationship by being random. Some days be interested, some days not. This will further play with his mind. Another niche tip is to use any jewellery to your advantage. So if you have a watch and he asks you out for lunch, check it and then show him it so he looks. Then tell him you can, but make it seem like you're busy, since the less available something is, there more desirable it is (as I mentioned before). To keep men loyal, you need to control them. Thought control through confusing him with how much you're interested, mind control through your looks and flirtations. This isn't dark stuff, it's just how perfectly healthy relationships are formed. Also, to avoid these tactics being used on you, try to keep your options open and avoid tunnel visioning on one guy. Always look at the bigger picture. I know this is a lot of advice, but this is all basic stuff that is REALLY effective on guys. Good luck :wink:
Ok, as a guy who's been through this phase I can advise you on how to play this. The main thing is to NEVER ask a guy out. So don't ask him out for lunch, let him do that. This is mostly because of loss of reputation and self-esteem if you get rejected. But since our society doesn't really like women doing what they feel like all that much, you also might gain a bad reputation, even though there isn't anything you did wrong. If the guy doesn't ask you out, he either doesn't like you, or isn't man enough to do so (in which case, ignore someone who can't even do basic stuff like that, have some self-respect). Don't worry about touching your hair or any of that stuff. Us guys are pretty unsophisticated creatures, so we really only notice skin quality, hair, eyes, jewellery, bumps, and nails. Don't do anything weird with the nails. A tactic that worked on me was when women smiled at me or opened their mouths when I talked, and because we mimic the movements of those we like, I repeated what they did. Never run up to him and be his little pet, the trick women should use is to bait the guy. Do this by looking at him once or twice during class (obviously discretely and there is an art to that as well which I can't help you with). At this point you should have cut through to the emotional part of a man's brain, which is about as easy to cut through as a hot knife through butter when done well. It's very important to remember that we like things that we can't get straight away. For example, would you be as attracted to this guy if he was begging for you? The more you confuse him with your possible flirtations, the more you play with him and keep you on his mind. You could just be practising, or you could be serious as far as he knows. Remember, us guys need girls for that special hugging position, y'know. Guys will try to convince you that they don't, but they DO. Try to keep control of the pace of the relationship by being random. Some days be interested, some days not. This will further play with his mind. Another niche tip is to use any jewellery to your advantage. So if you have a watch and he asks you out for lunch, check it and then show him it so he looks. Then tell him you can, but make it seem like you're busy, since the less available something is, there more desirable it is (as I mentioned before). To keep men loyal, you need to control them. Thought control through confusing him with how much you're interested, mind control through your looks and flirtations. This isn't dark stuff, it's just how perfectly healthy relationships are formed. Also, to avoid these tactics being used on you, try to keep your options open and avoid tunnel visioning on one guy. Always look at the bigger picture. I know this is a lot of advice, but this is all basic stuff that is REALLY effective on guys. Good luck :wink:

If a girl acted or done any of that stuff with me she can go get lost she would be no girl for me she would never ever get to be a part of my life no way l wont put up with daft childs play from no girl l dont care how nice she acts or looks l dont suffer fools and you talk a load of BS as well
Original post by Scottishlad888
If a girl acted or done any of that stuff with me she can go get lost she would be no girl for me she would never ever get to be a part of my life no way l wont put up with daft childs play from no girl l dont care how nice she acts or looks l dont suffer fools and you talk a load of BS as well

Before you insult me, try to correct your grammar. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending