The Student Room Group

Should I take further maths????????? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I'm a pretty good maths student. I'm predicted a grade 8 or above. In year 9 I was told that I should take further maths. In year 10 I started with it. Honestly, I understand bits and peices but not everything. I understand the long equations and stuff, ut when it came to logarithms, I sucked. My teacher is not that great at all. He just talks and writes things down and then moves on. Anyway, because of covid 19, I didn't finish the year and we didn't get that much work to do over lockdown. Now, I am in year 11. I don't know whether to drop it or not. For me, I like to better than the rest and so I would like to take this gcse to boost myself. I like the idea of having another GCSE. Sometimes I really enjoy the lessons. Normal maths is one of my favourite lessons.I'm just wondering how hard the course is and whether or not, I should go for it. Is there anyone who took the course who can help me????
Original post by Failingschool85
I'm a pretty good maths student. I'm predicted a grade 8 or above. In year 9 I was told that I should take further maths. In year 10 I started with it. Honestly, I understand bits and peices but not everything. I understand the long equations and stuff, ut when it came to logarithms, I sucked. My teacher is not that great at all. He just talks and writes things down and then moves on. Anyway, because of covid 19, I didn't finish the year and we didn't get that much work to do over lockdown. Now, I am in year 11. I don't know whether to drop it or not. For me, I like to better than the rest and so I would like to take this gcse to boost myself. I like the idea of having another GCSE. Sometimes I really enjoy the lessons. Normal maths is one of my favourite lessons.I'm just wondering how hard the course is and whether or not, I should go for it. Is there anyone who took the course who can help me????

Oh my lord I’m literally in the EXACT situation as you!!!!!!!

I’m not sure either and literally for the reasons you said, it would be beneficial and I’m a pretty good maths student but I understand bits and pieces and can do some bits a lot better than others. One of the main reasons I’d do it is for improving grade on normal maths, but then is that worth two more maths exams also of a high difficulty. At the same time, ever since we’ve been back, (only like 6 days now) I’ve really enjoyed maths but I also know that I have sm times where I hate it and have no idea what I’m doing...............

Quick Reply

Latest