The Student Room Group

Just want to know where I'm at.

I'm really interested in fitness and weightlifting, and I want to know where I'm currrently standing because my psychique is really weird. I'm only 130lbs at 5'11 at 18 years old but I'm not skinny at all. I feel very energetic strong and I'm muscular also not your typical ectomorph. Pretty developped chest etc. I'd say I'm around 13/14% bf. I have only weightlifted 2 weeks in my life a year ago and I'm not active psychically, also terrible diet, but I can bench 145lbs for one rep max. Is that any good, where am I at?
130lbs at 5’11 is skinny, no two ways about it I’m afraid
Bulk up while following a proper program.
Reply 3
Original post by Nutritionist
130lbs at 5’11 is skinny, no two ways about it I’m afraid

I'm not big or anything but I do not look skinny at all, I look bigger than my friends weighting 12 13lbs more than me, I show no bones anywhere and I'm also not flat anywhere, I have round and full muscles, allthough my legs are pretty skinny below the knee
it's impossible to tell where ur at with just knowing your bench.. 65kg bench is standard imo.. Though I hardly bench. You should follow a good programme and keep your diet consistant. In your case you should bulk, not too much as that will create fatty muscle instead of lean muscle. I actually aim to have skinny legs, big legs look weird imo.
Original post by Zain_Ahmed
it's impossible to tell where ur at with just knowing your bench.. 65kg bench is standard imo.. Though I hardly bench. You should follow a good programme and keep your diet consistant. In your case you should bulk, not too much as that will create fatty muscle instead of lean muscle. I actually aim to have skinny legs, big legs look weird imo.

What is fatty muscle?
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
What is fatty muscle?

Muscle mixed with a load of fat. It doesnt have a defined look.
Muscle mixed with a load of fat. It doesnt have a defined look.

Biologically, you can't mix fat and muscle, they are 2 separate forms of tissues. I think what you are referring to is gain a lot of fat so it covers the muscle gained.
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
Biologically, you can't mix fat and muscle, they are 2 separate forms of tissues. I think what you are referring to is gain a lot of fat so it covers the muscle gained.

I never said a biological mix. I meant that there would be a larger layer of fat on the muscle. So when you tense the bicep for example, it would be a mix of muscle and fat as there is a load of fat ontop of the muscle.
I never said a biological mix. I meant that there would be a larger layer of fat on the muscle. So when you tense the bicep for example, it would be a mix of muscle and fat as there is a load of fat ontop of the muscle.

Shouldn’t be referred to as “fatty muscle” and “lean muscle”. It’s a bad choice of wording
Original post by Nutritionist
Shouldn’t be referred to as “fatty muscle” and “lean muscle”. It’s a bad choice of wording

Ok... It is funny how the fitness forum has people just waiting prove someone wrong😂😂. I explained myself to what those phrases mean. Honestly😂😂😂
Ok... It is funny how the fitness forum has people just waiting prove someone wrong😂😂. I explained myself to what those phrases mean. Honestly😂😂😂

Don’t be wrong and it wouldn’t be needed

Quick Reply

Latest