The Student Room Group

The Spectator, Andrew Neil and co-op

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/09/04/andrew-neil-co-op-adverts-spectator-trans-transphobic-twitter/

I find it hilarious that all the right wing gammons are annoyed that a business expressed their free market choice to pull their advertising from the spectator. It was also done as a recommendation giving to them by their shareholders and customers. The people they really care about 😂😂😂

What a bunch of snowflakes ❄️
Reply 1
Original post by IbeIC123
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/09/04/andrew-neil-co-op-adverts-spectator-trans-transphobic-twitter/

I find it hilarious that all the right wing gammons are annoyed that a business expressed their free market choice to pull their advertising from the spectator. It was also done as a recommendation giving to them by their shareholders and customers. The people they really care about 😂😂😂

Ahem, i trust the irony of you calling people 'snowflakes' in this context is not lost on you...?

It took the Co-op all but 12 hours to u-turn on this I'm afraid!
Andrew Neil? Wasn't he the interviewer that Boris Johnson was scared of and refused to be interviewed by?
Original post by barnetlad
Andrew Neil? Wasn't he the interviewer that Boris Johnson was scared of and refused to be interviewed by?

We all know that Cummings was the puppet-master that decided Johnson wasn’t going to be interviewed by Neil. A Trumpian style move!

When the people calling other people snowflakes are the snowflakes.
Reply 6
Original post by Gundabad(good)
When the people calling other people snowflakes are the snowflakes.

Please explain how I’m a snowflake but the people crying about a free market choice aren’t
Please explain how I’m a snowflake but the people crying about a free market choice aren’t

I'm not calling you a snowflake.
As a Right-Wing Gammon™, I think the Coop have the right not to advertise in the Spectator if they disagree with its views on transgenderism and visa versa (ie the Spectator has the right not to take money from woke businesses).

This is exactly why I believe ”the freer the markets, the freer the people” - it's a free country and both organisations have the right not to do business with each other.
Original post by Iñigo de Loyola
This is exactly why I believe ”the freer the markets, the freer the people” - it's a free country and both organisations have the right not to do business with each other.

And the more free people are to be exploited! Government intervention and regulation is essential to protect vulnerable people and to further social progress.
Original post by Burridge
And the more free people are to be exploited! Government intervention and regulation is essential to protect vulnerable people and to further social progress.

Funnily enough I do think the government should intervene in the free market to ensure that consumers are protected and to ensure that the market remains free.
Original post by Iñigo de Loyola
Funnily enough I do think the government should intervene in the free market to ensure that consumers are protected and to ensure that the market remains free.

What do you mean by 'protected' and what do you mean by 'free'? Not trying to be facetious here, just trying to pin your position down.
What do you mean by 'protected' and what do you mean by 'free'? Not trying to be facetious here, just trying to pin your position down.

Consumer protection means ensuring people who buy things know what they're buying and aren't being sold a pig in a poke.
I support government intervention in the free market to break up monopolies.
Reply 13
We all know that Cummings was the puppet-master that decided Johnson wasn’t going to be interviewed by Neil. A Trumpian style move!

safe_image.jpg

Why is david cameron wearing makeup, it's not right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending