The Student Room Group

Made my friend offended on text

So basically to keep it simple l, I was talking to my friend and she couldn’t go into her history to find her last visited page. So basically. So then I said “your probs that type who can’t send an email” as a joke. And she took offense to it.

She told me to “stop”

And when I told her I didn’t meant it like that or anything. It was legit just a joke. She’s not even dumb. Then she was like “it’s fine” and yeah she was defo upset.

What can I do from here.

Also I can’t meet them irl they live far away.
Reply 1
She might have been having a bad day and therefore not taken your comment well.

Just give her a call and see how she is. Say she sounded upset over what you said, it was just meant as a joke and is everything else ok with her?
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
She might have been having a bad day and therefore not taken your comment well.

Just give her a call and see how she is. Say she sounded upset over what you said, it was just meant as a joke and is everything else ok with her?

Should I call her or text her the same day?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

As I said, call her. Text can be too impersonal, whereas a conversation gives you a proper back-and-forth and immediate answers.
Just leave it mate, it's nothing that's going to destroy your friendship.
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
As I said, call her. Text can be too impersonal, whereas a conversation gives you a proper back-and-forth and immediate answers.

I called but they didn’t pick up. So I just left an apology message. And they haven’t replied.

Text her and if she doesn't reply say "you're probs that type who doesn't read their texts"
Reply 7
Original post by harrysbar
Text her and if she doesn't reply say "you're probs that type who doesn't read their texts"

Lmaooo. I’ll do it tmw if they don’t reply today
Just tell her that you didn’t mean it that way .
Reply 9
Original post by anonymous
so basically to keep it simple l, i was talking to my friend and she couldn’t go into her history to find her last visited page. So basically. So then i said “your probs that type who can’t send an email” as a joke. And she took offense to it.

She told me to “stop”

and when i told her i didn’t meant it like that or anything. It was legit just a joke. She’s not even dumb. Then she was like “it’s fine” and yeah she was defo upset.

What can i do from here.

Also i can’t meet them irl they live far away.

just give her a bit space , and then say u r sorry u didn't meant to hurt her, i'm sure she will understand
Original post by devezh
just give her a bit space , and then say u r sorry u didn't meant to hurt her, i'm sure she will understand

I sent her the apology already. I’ll just wait for her to respond when she is ready.
Alright guys quick update.

So I gave her space. I sent her a sorry message. And explained the situation. However she just ignored it for like 2-3 days. Then I messaged again and said “are you ok?” .

She then replied saying she was busy and still intends to reply but the reason she got angry was because she was having a bad week and stuff. (Which is understandable). And said she didn’t want to say anything indecent or something.

Anyway it’s quite obvious they don’t like me as a friend. So yah I’ll just move on I suppose. Or is there something I can do?
Alright guys quick update.

So I gave her space. I sent her a sorry message. And explained the situation. However she just ignored it for like 2-3 days. Then I messaged again and said “are you ok?” .

She then replied saying she was busy and still intends to reply but the reason she got angry was because she was having a bad week and stuff. (Which is understandable). And said she didn’t want to say anything indecent or something.

Anyway it’s quite obvious they don’t like me as a friend. So yah I’ll just move on I suppose. Or is there something I can do?

Move on from the friendship? Why?
It seems you've cleared things up.
Original post by Vapordave
Move on from the friendship? Why?
It seems you've cleared things up.

They kinda acting like they don’t want to be my friend. Also they are always online. Yet they never respond to me. I just wanted her friendship. That’s literally all.

It’s alright tho I suppose.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending