The Student Room Group

How many pairs of shoes does one bring to uni?

I’m someone who likes clubbing, running, sports... how many pairs of shoes does one bring to uni?
Reply 1
Not sure what the average amount is (I assume people take way too many usually) but I'm thinking 5? Few pairs of trainers, boots and formal shoes. If you like clubbing, probably 3 pairs or so for that, 3 trainers (including sports and casual), and any other sport specific shoes you need like football studs etc.
Original post by BEASTMODEON2
I’m someone who likes clubbing, running, sports... how many pairs of shoes does one bring to uni?

1 smart set
1 running/gym shoes
2+ Everyday casual shoes for uni/day to day/clubbing
1 flip flop
I have 5 pairs at uni:
2 trainers (1 sports, 1 casual)
1 flip flops
1 heels/clubbing shoes
1 winter boots

A pair of smart shoes would probably be a good idea too, although I've got away with black trainers for semi-formal stuff.
And like imxks said, any specific shoes for sports you do.

Charming thank you for your imput.

Hiya!

In my first year I really over packed with shoes so this is what I would recommend!
- A pair of trainers that you don't mind getting wrecked when you go out to pubs and bars or any social gathering that may end in a possible drink being spilled!
- A pair of running trainers that you can use for going to the gym/ any sports.
- A pair of trainers you can wear everyday.
- A pair of sliders or slippers. This are essential! You'll wear them around your flat or house, as the floor is never clean haha!
- A smarter shoe that you can wear anywhere that you need to dress up for (job interview, nice meal, freshers ball etc).

Hope this helps! Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:
Reply 7
I had around 5 pairs
1x Casual Trainers for general wear around campus and outside
1x Smart Shoes for Functions and Balls
1x Flip Flops for use in my room and bathroom
1x Sports trainers- for Athletics and Gym
1x Football Boots- for Football

I mean 4's the best amount for the average person, that being something for the gym/exercise, formal occasions, indoor wear and casual wear.
If you're not a fan of flip-flops, slippers should suffice.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending