The Student Room Group

HELP: Border Force Apprenticeship 2020 Application

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dazzybee
Hi, I got the same response that I had met the required standard, also got a email saying unfortunately they could not offer me a job and I would be on the reserve list for 12 months.Then next day they messaged for me to send image of both pages of my passport as I had only uploaded the page with my picture.Then 2 days after that I got a job offer.I think that maybe everyone who meets the standard is put on the reserve list, then I think they check the list and make offers.I at the vetting stage so the offer is provisional until they carry out all the checks etc.

This is amazing news congratulations! Please may I ask where you have applied for?

I'm still patiently waiting for a job offer 😇😊
Reply 81
Hi all,

Just got an email saying I had met the required standard after the interview a few weeks ago and am on the reserves list.

Has anyone else received this email? I have applied for GLasgow/Edinburgh.

Also how did others score on the interview strength? I got an 18 but have no idea if that’s good or bad. I seriously messed up the interview after preparing sos much for completely different style of questions so don’t imagine my score is high.
I got 20 and was offered a job.
Original post by SFB93
Hi all,

Just got an email saying I had met the required standard after the interview a few weeks ago and am on the reserves list.

Also how did others score on the interview strength? I got an 18 but have no idea if that’s good or bad. I seriously messed up the interview after preparing sos much for completely different style of questions so don’t imagine my score is high.

I got score of 5 for the application
Score of 20 for the Interview
Better than 58% for Judgment test
Better than 98% for Verbal test

And was Provisionally offered a Job
Reply 84
I got 20 and was offered a job.

Congratulations!

Did you get the same email as me about the reserves list before the offer? Or did you get the offer straight away?

What location is your position for?
Original post by SFB93
Congratulations!

Did you get the same email as me about the reserves list before the offer? Or did you get the offer straight away?

What location is your position for?

I got the same email saying I was on the reserve list and about 2 days later got the offer
Reply 86
I got the same email saying I was on the reserve list and about 2 days later got the offer

I’ll keep my fingers crossed the same thing happens for me too.
Thanks for replying it’s really helpful 👍
Original post by SFB93
I’ll keep my fingers crossed the same thing happens for me too.
Thanks for replying it’s really helpful 👍

It’s routine to be put straight onto a reserve list when applying for Border Force! Congrats on a successful interview hope your offer comes in soon!☺️
Reply 88
Original post by SFB93
Hi all,

Yeh, I got the same email earlier. Applied for Glasgow/Edinburgh
Original post by SFB93
Hi all,

I'm applying for Edinburgh, I got an email today saying I met the standard, but they're unable to to offer me a job immediately. Got 15 "acceptable demonstration" for my interview which I'm happy with as I was expecting 0 "talks nonsense and waves her hands about too much" 😁
Original post by Lexie9273
I'm applying for Edinburgh, I got an email today saying I met the standard, but they're unable to to offer me a job immediately. Got 15 "acceptable demonstration" for my interview which I'm happy with as I was expecting 0 "talks nonsense and waves her hands about too much" 😁

Congratulations, I’ve applied for Edinburgh too and got the same score! Hopefully it won’t be too long until we hear something
Reply 91
Hi, I have applied for South Shields and had my remote interview 7/9/20, still awaiting feedback. Anyone else heard anything back in the North East? Thanks
Original post by Smc2020
Hi, I have applied for South Shields and had my remote interview 7/9/20, still awaiting feedback. Anyone else heard anything back in the North East? Thanks

I’m not in the North East but for Edinburgh I had my interview on the 24/08 and found out I was successful and on the reserve list on 14/09. Just for an idea for timescales for you
Reply 93
Original post by Smc2020

Same position for me, completed interview on 8/9/20 for North East while I was on holiday so wasn't able to upload documents until 9/9/20. From looking at other forums the general time seems to be 2-3 weeks for the outcome, so hopefully we'll hear within the next week or two!
Reply 94
Hi all,

Great to hear the ball is rolling for some of you. Has anyone from the June application had an interview / offer for Dover or Folkstone location yet? Though I received the 'on hold for interview' email - have not heard a thing.

Cheers and good luck
Reply 95
Hi everyone!
I always look through the Student Room Border Force threads to see how far along people are so I know how long I might have to wait until I reach the next part of the application process. I noticed that some people had quite a few questions on this thread as it is the apprenticeship application for this year so I thought I would share my experience. Any questions please ask! (I did also post on the other 2020 thread if you see me twice)

Application Date: June 2019
Online Verbal & Judgement tests completed
Update Email: All applications under review, interviews would be planned in the near future
Update Email (Oct): Still reviewing applications, put on sift based on my scores for 12 months
Nov 26th: Invited to face to face panel interview, asked to book a slot (I chose the first week of December)
Update Email: Contacted about ID I needed to bring to the interview
December 10th: Placed on reserve list (regardless of your results it seems like everyone is placed on this list)
End of Feb 2020: Provisional job offered
New starter forms sent across to complete (this along with the interview ID was the most disorganised experience I have ever encountered from any recruitment service but bear with it, it will work out in the end)
Security forms then sent across, all forms completed by May
August: Told I would be contacted shortly to discuss a start date and the next steps
Current situation: Not heard anything since, patience is absolutely key with any government recruitment unfortunately…

Of course every individual experience will be different but I know first- hand how frustrating it can be, just remember it will all be worth it in the end! I hope everyone is successful and hears something soon.
Original post by Kinger
Hi all,

Great to hear the ball is rolling for some of you. Has anyone from the June application had an interview / offer for Dover or Folkstone location yet? Though I received the 'on hold for interview' email - have not heard a thing.

Cheers and good luck

I didn’t apply anywhere close to your chosen locations but if it gives you peace of mind I applied for Hull and haven’t received an interview as of yet!☺️
Reply 97
Huge thanks for the update and advice, good people. Much appreciated - good luck to everyone.
Reply 98
Applied forTilbury no interview yet
I'm so glad someone else felt this way too! I got the exact same score as you and applied for Glasgow\Edinburgh. I felt like I had over-prepared for questions they never even asked, plus the stress of doing it on a laptop with no real human reaction made it worse. Felt it would have been more manageable if it were face to face. How do you think they short-list it? Have you heard anything back about a start date yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending