The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Ask me anything regarding Aston University/Birmingham.

Hi all!

A bit about myself: I have lived in Birmingham my whole life and I will be graduating from Aston University in a few months time.

Are there any questions you have regarding your courses? student life? Birmingham? or the student union?

I will be more than happy to answer them for you.

*Amna

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aston University
Hi all!

A bit about myself: I have lived in Birmingham my whole life and I will be graduating from Aston University in a few months time.

Are there any questions you have regarding your courses? student life? Birmingham? or the student union?

*Amna

How lenient can they be with their entry requirements during clearing?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Bckbnkvbjgg

Hi!

Thank you for question.

Courses in sciences usually would not be too lenient as you do need to meet the minimum requirements. It all depends on how much spaces they have left over in the courses, but do get in touch with clearing if you need to on the day. They will try their very best to help you get into the course you would like or something similar. Here is the link: https://www.aston.ac.uk/clearing

Speaking specifically about one course I know BSc sociology entry requirements are BBB and they are usually BBC-BCC during clearing from previous years.

Hope this helps!

*Amna
Reply 3
What are the student halls like? According to google reviews they seem pretty bad.
Hi all!

*Amna

Hi for business studies aston or leeds university which is better?
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,

In terms of which of the two universities, they’re both ranked quite equally, it just comes down to which you’d have to travel further for, which would be more expensive to live at if you moved out, etc.

Hope that helps :smile:

Atif*
Original post by BK20
What are the student halls like? According to google reviews they seem pretty bad.

Hi there,

I’m probably not best suited to answer this question since I’ve never lived out but I’ll try to answer it anyways. From the experiences I have seen whilst being at friend’s accommodations and all, they’ve seemed to be perfectly happy in the ones that they live in. I guess it depends on the type of person that you are.

Hope that helps answer your question :smile:

Atif*
Hi there,

In terms of which of the two universities, they’re both ranked quite equally, it just comes down to which you’d have to travel further for, which would be more expensive to live at if you moved out, etc.

Hope that helps :smile:

Atif*

I am an international student and wanted to know if overall ranking do stand chance in job prospects. Does aston hold career fair every year for business masters programs, also which industries open for masters grad from aston after the completion of msc business and management program.
I am an international student and wanted to know if overall ranking do stand chance in job prospects. Does aston hold career fair every year for business masters programs, also which industries open for masters grad from aston after the completion of msc business and management program.

Hi there,

Aston holds a lot of careers fairs to foster networking between students and employers. Over 200 graduate employers come on campus every ear to meet Aston students. This year Aston will also be hosting a virtual careers convention for this reason.

This course prepares you for a wide range of professional and management careers across business functions and sectors including accountancy, marketing, operations, HR and strategic management. Graduates have secured a breadth of job roles such as Communications Officer, Brand Manager, Marketing Manager, Personal Finance Adviser, Associate Business Development Manager, Financial Analyst, Business Analyst, Banker, etc.

Hope this helps.

*Ethel
Hi all!

*Amna

can I still take part in the welcome week at home? or do I need to be at my accommodation to get onto it?
Original post by bhavyab02
can I still take part in the welcome week at home? or do I need to be at my accommodation to get onto it?

Almost all of our Welcome Week events are taking place online. More info here https://www2.aston.ac.uk/welcome-week and here: https://astonsu.native.fm/

Enjoy your week! :smile:
How’s Aston pharmacy school?
Aston is the only university to hold a prestigious Regius Chair in Pharmacy, and one of only two UK universities to have successfully developed a drug of blockbuster status.

Pharmacy at Aston is ranked 1st in the UK for Graduate Prospects and has graduated over 5000 students to work in the pharmaceutical industry!

I have attached a link below where you can find even more information

https://www2.aston.ac.uk/lhs/aston-pharmacy-school

I hope this helps

- Poppy

hello amna, what is the minimum ucat/ukcat score required and what band do they require for aston?
Original post by unknownk24
hello amna, what is the minimum ucat/ukcat score required and what band do they require for aston?

Hi there,

The medical school requires all applicants to take the UCAT in the year of application ( so in 2020 for 2021 entry). This will be considered alongside the other required qualifications.
They do not provide specific score requirements for the UCAT as your score will be considered alongside all other entry requirements. Therefore there's no lower cut off score for UCAT or the Situational Judgment Test (SJT) section of the UCAT.

*Ethel

Are you applying to both ?
Hi all!

*Amna

Is the university diverse? I’m a black student and I would to have some other black students around me
Original post by Tashax2
Is the university diverse? I’m a black student and I would to have some other black students around me

Hello,

I am a black student at Aston and have been here since 2015. Birmingham is a very diverse city and Aston is also a very diverse and multi-cultural university. We have a host of ethnicities coming in from many countries and its easy to find and connect with like-minded individuals of similar ethnicity not just though societies but on campus.

*Ethel
(edited 3 years ago)
HI

Hi,
in regards to the MMI seeing as they are being done online due to covid, what will the format be like?
How many stations do aston do for the MMIs?
cheers
Hello, my predicted grades are BBC and pharmacy requires BBB. Do you think I would get an offer? Btw im not eligible for a contextual offer.

Quick Reply

Latest