The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think its all down to how your body proportions the weight/fat, as someone out there who is size 10 might carry her weight on top and have a round stomach that protrudes, that could be considered fat. Weight doesnt really matter unless its impacting your health/mental. It's best to accept yourself and find the beauty in yourself as everyone possess it. Accepting yourself and then working on improving is the way to go. :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by pinkpink12
I think its all down to how your body proportions the weight/fat, as someone out there who is size 10 might carry her weight on top and have a round stomach that protrudes, that could be considered fat. Weight doesnt really matter unless its impacting your health/mental. It's best to accept yourself and find the beauty in yourself as everyone possess it. Accepting yourself and then working on improving is the way to go. :smile:

most people i think would say:
6 - anorexic/skinny
8 - skinny
10 - slim
12 - average
14 - average
16 - squishy/chubby
18 - chubby/a little fat
20 - fat
20+ - obese/fat depending on proportion and height etc

Hope this helps and doesn't offend anyone :smile:

I think it's more realistic and reasonable than the other list and size 16 is the average size of most British women these days. You are quite right to say that beauty is on the inside too
🌷 What was the point of this thread? 🌷
Original post by stickylikehoney
I'd say so.

I think on a girl of average height, with average muscles and build it goes like this.

6 - very skinny
8 - skinny
10 - slim/just right
12 - average
14 - chubby
16 - big
18 - fat
20 - very fat
20+ jabba the hut!

lmao i guess i'm chubby/big🙄 when really i'm not. i'm like 5'4 and 132.
I think 18 is fat usually. Like 18 is usually when people start looking unhealthy, too big. I think 18 is fat but not a lost cause. I suppose if the girl is very tall and curvy then 18 might not be awful but it is usually a little bit big tbh even if the girl is tall. Then 20 is fat for sure!
Original post by Vanessa Chuah
lmao i guess i'm chubby/big🙄 when really i'm not. i'm like 5'4 and 132.

Lol this thread is just a load of crap. Specifying each women’s size and putting a label, which anyway is inaccurate for various reasons (like you said with yourself). Why create a thread with no point that may put others down I don’t get it?
(edited 3 years ago)
who fxing cares?
Prsom :rofl:
Reply 9
Does it really matter? Unless you're going around with measuring tape and calipers measuring women (in which case you'll probably find them being inserted in your ass in short order) it makes rather little difference.
I have no idea about ladies sizes nor do I want to.
Reply 11
I peed a little reading this :rofl:
Reply 12
Who asked for your opinion?
and your point is?....
Reply 14
Original post by stickylikehoney
I'd say so.

I think on a girl of average height, with average muscles and build it goes like this.

6 - very skinny
8 - skinny
10 - slim/just right
12 - average
14 - chubby
16 - big
18 - fat
20 - very fat
20+ jabba the hut!

Who are you to say what is "just right"? There is no industry standad for dress size so talking about a 10 or a 14 is meaningless.

Body shape also comes into it. You can have 2 people of the same height and weight, but if one has broader shoulders and linger arms they aren't going to fit into the same clothes as the other of a narrower build.

There are so many threads on here about personality being important, so a dress size doesn't make you "right", nor are you thinking about anyone with health issues that affect their weight; it isn't always the other way round!
Reply 15
6 - anorexic/skinny
8 - skinny
10 - slim
12 - average
14 - average
16 - squishy/chubby
18 - chubby/a little fat
20 - fat

It doesn't help. Define a size 14 in numbers.

I've got clothes labelled 10 to 18 depending on what item I bought and which shop I got them from. What does that make me, slim, average or fat?
the point of this thread is????

every brand sizes clothes differently. you could be a size 8 in one place, and a 12 in another.

every person carries weight differently. you can have two people who weigh the same in different size clothing and who look different.

to anyone struggling with body image or weight issues - ignore this thread. you are perfect no matter what your weight is. strangers on the internet labelling what sizes are “slim” or “chubby” don’t get to tell you how you look. you look great no matter your size!
Well no, it's not good to be a massive fatty.

6 - anorexic/skinny
8 - skinny
10 - slim
12 - average
14 - average
16 - squishy/chubby
18 - chubby/a little fat
20 - fat

You can get anorexic size 12 (not a very nice way to refer to a person 😬).
BMI doesn't *really* corollate with close size. Its really arbitrary to say 'you are obese when you hit size 20. I was clinically obese when I was size 14.
What an odd thread and by any chance are you male?
Reply 19

6 - anorexic/skinny
8 - skinny
10 - slim
12 - average
14 - average
16 - squishy/chubby
18 - chubby/a little fat
20 - fat
20 - obese/fat depending on proportion and height etc

For gods sake, anorexia is a mental disorder just bc you’re a size 6 does not mean you’re anorexic.

Proportions are different on everyone, you’ll even find girls wearing size 4’s may look slim instead of ‘skinny’

It all depends on BMI not clothing sizes
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest