The Student Room Group

Anyone grew after 19?

Hi everyone,
I was around 5'3 when i was 15 and grew to 5'7 when i was 19. I am currently 20 and measured my height and the doctor told me i became 5'8, which is a growth of 1 inch. So just want to know if anyone grew after 19 or not and if there's any chance on whether i will hit 5'10 or not.

A little about my family - My dad is 5'6 and my my mom is 5'0. My family member from dad's side are all 6ft and above and so from my mom's side.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone,
I was around 5'3 when i was 15 and grew to 5'7 when i was 19. I am currently 20 and measured my height and the doctor told me i became 5'8, which is a growth of 1 inch. So just want to know if anyone grew after 19 or not and if there's any chance on whether i will hit 5'10 or not.

A little about my family - My dad is 5'6 and my my mom is 5'0. My family member from dad's side are all 6ft and above and so from my mom's side.

It may help if you’d be willing to say if you’re male or female. Men continue growing for longer than women do.
Hi everyone,

The general consensus is that you stop growing after 18. The best thing you can do at this point is to live a healthy lifestyle and if your lucky you will reach that height.
Reply 3
Original post by CatusStarbright
It may help if you’d be willing to say if you’re male or female. Men continue growing for longer than women do.

I am a male
It's possible to continue growing into your twenties. Some people stop in their teens, others continue growing. It's different for everyone.
General consensus is you keep growing till you mid twenties apparently. So you may do so.

It all depends on luck.

Good luck.
Reply 6
Original post by Ki Yung Na
General consensus is you keep growing till you mid twenties apparently. So you may do so.

It all depends on luck.

Good luck.

Hope you are right.
And pray for me if you are religious. The world.is.cruel for short guys.
Hope you are right.
And pray for me if you are religious. The world.is.cruel for short guys.

Lol, I gave you luck my guy. That’s all you need, it’s the same as a prayer.

(And it’s only cruel if you let it be)
I’m like 5’7 and I’m 20 next month. Pray for me too.
I am a male

You’re in luck then, as men can grow even into their twenties.
It's so sad that people are mean to short guys. I'm a girl and I would never decide a relationship based on height
Original post by ItsStarLordMan
It's so sad that people are mean to short guys. I'm a girl and I would never decide a relationship based on height

I guess you are just lying to make me feel better. Cause when comes to reality a girl likes someone who is wayyyyy taller than her.
I guess you are just lying to make me feel better. Cause when comes to reality a girl likes someone who is wayyyyy taller than her.

I'm honestly not lying. I genuinely don't see why height is so important. If someone asked me out or interested me, I wouldn't put them down or reject them because of their height. I care more about their personality
Reply 13
nope
Reply 14
haven't measured myself since I was 19 so I don't know

when I was 19 I was 5ft 10 so just assume i'm the same size now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending