The Student Room Group

Can I swap from 3rd year Edi to 2nd year UK uni?

I’m about to start 3rd year in edinburgh and have realised i really can’t hack it anymore. I still love my course and uni in general but am not sure I can manage two more years there. As 2nd year doesn’t count in Scotland I was wondering if anyone knew the logistics of transferring this late, or if it is even possible. I really don’t want to drop out and start uni from scratch, as this is another 3 years of uni.
Any help would be great!
Reply 1
never too late, it is worthy to try.
which uni you expect to go.
edinburgh is great indeed.
The only way to find out is to email the universities you're interested in and ask. Where is it you'd like to transfer to? What exactly is it about Edinburgh that you can't hack anymore?
Reply 3
Original post by tiktoksensation
The only way to find out is to email the universities you're interested in and ask. Where is it you'd like to transfer to? What exactly is it about Edinburgh that you can't hack anymore?

Thankyou,
Preferably a London uni, anything a bit closer to home which is in the South. I just feel really unhappy here. Tried to give it a chance but it’s not improved sadly
Reply 4
Original post by lcc2020
never too late, it is worthy to try.
which uni you expect to go.
edinburgh is great indeed.

Thanks! London, do you study in edi?
Original post by Anonymous
Thankyou,
Preferably a London uni, anything a bit closer to home which is in the South. I just feel really unhappy here. Tried to give it a chance but it’s not improved sadly

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a bad time at Edinburgh. If you're absolutely certain about wanting to transfer then it's possible. You need to move quickly though since universities are about to start back. Ring or email the universities you're interested in and explain your situation. Keep your grades handy as the universities will want to see these. If you're successful, get confirmation of your place from your new university and let Edinburgh know that you're leaving. You'll need to sort out accommodation either through the university or privately and update your student finance so that it can be adjusted. Universities will most likely be considering you for 2nd year entry. From a funding perspective, if you're accepted into the 2nd year of a 3 year course at a new university, you'll be entitled to a further 2 years funding. Good luck!
(edited 3 years ago)
i studied at edinburgh and multiple times i thought about transferring because i also disliked it.

what course are you doing?

Quick Reply

Latest