The Student Room Group

What to include in a personal statement for a Biomedical Sciences course?

Not sure what things would be important or stand out in my personal statement and would appreciate some advice
Original post by Modaer22
Not sure what things would be important or stand out in my personal statement and would appreciate some advice

Hey @Modaer22! Share your passion for the subject area, and do a little bit of research to show you know what the course is all about :^_^: We'll be looking to read statements from applicants who can show their love of Science. Have a think about what made you want to pursue Biomedical Sciences, and what areas interest you specifically (eg Immunology/Pharmacology?). Look in to any developments in the industry and you could comment on why these are fascinating to you, and if you know what career you'd like to pursue you can mention that too. Comment on any extra things you've been upto throughout and outwith your studies that will support your application (eg science projects, team working activities, competitions you've entered).

Overall.. we're really just looking to get to know you better as an applicant :smile: We're hoping to see a good understanding of your subject area and then for you to convince us why we should offer you a place on our courses! Biomedical Sciences is an exciting one to be involved in at the moment; with so much going on in the world we need fantastic scientists and I'd imagine any member of university staff would want to find out from you why you want to be a part of that.

Different universities might look for different things in statements, so if there's one course you have your heart set on it's worth getting in touch with them to see if there's anything specific they want to see in the statement. But hopefully my advice gives you a bit of inspiration to get started with :colondollar: Have you had a think yet about which universities interest you?

Best of luck with the application!

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Biomed is an academic degree. Check out the advice in this thread :smile: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6666418

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending