The Student Room Group

He leaves me on read and he’s a dry texter...

This guy is so sweet and caring and SUOER flirty in person! However when it comes to text, he’s super dry and leaves me on read when I text a statement :frown: I don’t really want to ask him out bc I don’t want a boyfriend yet (I’m in yr10) and I want to focus on my GCSEs. But there’s this group chat I’m in and he Flirts when he talks to this Other girl On the chat who goes to a different school. and I type something and he leaves me on read :frown:(
He wanted me to sit next to him in business class so I have to sit next to him tomorrow but it’s going to be awkward!! I like him, but does he like me? Idk.
And I feel so heartbroken when he talks to other girls and when he leaves me on read. I thought he only cared about me, but clearly not. I really want to move on from this crush, but I can’t, I just can’t. Like I said, I’m sitting next to him TOMORROW so there’s not really much I can do because I will fall for him again!! I really don’t know if he likes me or not, and I really don’t want to ask :/ but from this information, what do you guys think?
Be honest. Literally idm if the answer is no.
Thank you all so much !!!
i think he just sees you as a friend tbh
he doesn't like you in that way
Lots of guys are just naturally flirty
I think your title makes it pretty clear he doesn't like you in that way
he probably doesn't like you like that. sorry. but if i liked a guy/girl i'd never leave them on read... even if i did, i'd respond later. but in general, i think imma dry texter so idk.
Reply 4
If someone's not putting in the same effort to talk to you that you are towards them, they are not worth your time.
Reply 5
Maybe you come over as better in person so that's why he flirts in real life. However, texting a 'statement' doesn't sound very interesting so maybe he can interact better with these other girls online.

You claim you don't want him as a boyfriend, but the rest of the post says different, otherwise why would you be jealous of him talking to other girls? He sounds like a guy who just wants to be fun and friendly, and there is nothing wrong with that; however, he wants to be fun and friendly with all girls, not just you, and nothing wrong with that either. If he's a nice guy see if you can keep him as a friend; that can be valuable and that's what it appears he wants.
Original post by Anonymous
This guy is so sweet and caring and SUOER flirty in person! However when it comes to text, he’s super dry and leaves me on read when I text a statement :frown: I don’t really want to ask him out bc I don’t want a boyfriend yet (I’m in yr10) and I want to focus on my GCSEs. But there’s this group chat I’m in and he Flirts when he talks to this Other girl On the chat who goes to a different school. and I type something and he leaves me on read :frown:(
He wanted me to sit next to him in business class so I have to sit next to him tomorrow but it’s going to be awkward!! I like him, but does he like me? Idk.
And I feel so heartbroken when he talks to other girls and when he leaves me on read. I thought he only cared about me, but clearly not. I really want to move on from this crush, but I can’t, I just can’t. Like I said, I’m sitting next to him TOMORROW so there’s not really much I can do because I will fall for him again!! I really don’t know if he likes me or not, and I really don’t want to ask :/ but from this information, what do you guys think?

I am in year 10 to and my advice to you is that boys at my school at least are in no means of relationships and if they are they are not ready/using the girls. Boys are genuinely a bit more flirty but from what I can tell he is not interested in you and if he is, he is stopping himself because of someone/something. Peer pressure maybe. I know it is hard especially if you sit together but just focus on your GCSE's the right person comes unexpected and all of a sudden so it's okay. Hope this helps xxx
Hi!

My boyfriend is a really dry texter but is really good in person. He just finds it hard to express things over text. Maybe this guy is like that?

However if he’s flirting with other girls over text, he might just not be interested. It sounds like you guys are great friends so maybe that is all he sees you as?

I’d focus on your GCSEs and see how it goes. If he makes any moves then you’ll see that he likes you. For the time being, focus on your studies :smile:
He’s trying to do a beat and delete
Reply 9
Original post by Hamzah_ash
He’s trying to do a beat and delete

What does that mean ??
He wants to smash and leave
Original post by Anonymous

Just asl him why he is so polite and chatty in real life and then he ignores you when you text him or are in group chat, which you find a bit rude/ strange/ inconsistent/unfriendly. Listen to him come up with some rubbish and see if he changes. If not you have your answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending